News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:43PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 279
Total: 282

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightsboy

that's my point Claden, between jan15- dec 15 I was on team leader rate, however it states that it will be based on current rate which I believe cant be right since its a FACT I was on team leader rate from jan15 to may15???

nightsboy

Quote from: Kendodd on 06-02-16, 10:23AM
Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 10:02AM
Just a thought.

When were TLs dispersed?
Are the people that were re contracted from being TLs now affected by the recent change?

I ask with unsureness of the timeframe between the 2 events.

I was once part of a collective greivance where a group of workers were negotiated with to make a change.. The change was made.
The grievance came about because the same group were targeted for a 2nd time to yet again change, whilst other groups were left unaffected.

The Grievance was based on the second request being unreasonable on the basis that they had only quite recently changed and other groups who could also "make a difference" were left unaffected.

The greivance was succesful albeit at local level.

I'm being affected twice 😞 
your obviously a previous team leader, have u worked out that u will get a lump sum kendodd

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 06:58PM
that's my point Claden, between jan15- dec 15 I was on team leader rate, however it states that it will be based on current rate which I believe cant be right since its a FACT I was on team leader rate from jan15 to may15???

Yawn....Did you not get paid off for losing your team leadership ? Your compensation should be calculated on GA rate . Talk about wanting your cake and eat it ! You seem to want compensating twice for not being a team leader , that won't be happening.

nightsboy

my compensation should be based on GA rate because you wasn't a team leader right???talk about bitter!!hahahaha!!my previous lump sum was based may 15 to may 17 and as this is calculated 5 months previous to that when I was on a team leader rate surely I should be getting the rate I was contractally on. they could have said may 15 - may16 so there wouldn't been any grey area right??

BANDERSNATCH

There is no grey area except that you seem to want compensating twice over the loss of team leader . I have / have never had any desire to be a team leader by the way.

spooner

Just so greedy . A good two year payout and now wanting more . Whereas just 18months for us that have helped to build up this company from the early days .

nightsboy

nothing greedy about seeking out everything you are entitled to from a company that I have been with from the start like yourself, if u never had the balls to work your way up the ladder, and not get a payout yourself, then that's my fault is it??????good day sir!!!

spooner

Never wanted to work my way up . And to be honest getting to team leader wasn't exactly that far up .  ;D

BANDERSNATCH

Been with the company from the start and a team leader already ! High flyer eh ? With your no doubt heightened intelligence as is needed to reach the dizzying heights of section managers lackey how can you not grasp that when yo became just one of the s*** like me again in the restructure you started again on a GA contract , you have been compensated for losing your highly powerful and exalted previous job and if you think you are getting compensated for that again well dream on.

nightsboy

I may be one of the s*** like u at work, but definitely not one of u on social media, enjoy your evening..................

daftjoe

Quote from: spooner on 06-02-16, 06:25PM
so should the collective grievance be given to Tesco first and then Usdaw ? And if so who should it be given to at Tesco ?   

In the first Instance we intend to give it to our PM. They should know what to do with it or at least should be able to find out. At that point we will approach USDAW to see if they are willing to support/represent us. If not we will probably raise one against them although it will be for misrepresentation in their case I guess.

claden

I was told categorically it was based on your take home pay between jan 15 - dec 15 including any overtime earned, so I would imagine your T/L rate will be taken into consideration, it is not based on your 'current' rate it's based on your take home pay between those dates specified. Against whatever a years salary under the new rates is in. Hopefully they don't try to rip off all the T/L by moving the goalposts for them, good luck.

nightsboy

Thanks Claden, its a godsend having someone with a brain answer me today......

optout

Kendodd

can you confirm the following rumour, that

'Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead' ;) :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Beverley

This is good news. I am just writing to my SM about taking out a Grievance as I cannot get any joy from Usdaw. They are turning a blind eye now and are not returning calls. My union rep told me she didn't know anything about the pay cuts and didn't know what I was talking about. She told me to speak to Personnel. I can't believe that on top of negotiating for us to have a 25% pay cut hey then pretend they know nothing.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: claden on 06-02-16, 08:20PM
I was told categorically it was based on your take home pay between jan 15 - dec 15 including any overtime earned, so I would imagine your T/L rate will be taken into consideration, it is not based on your 'current' rate it's based on your take home pay between those dates specified. Against whatever a years salary under the new rates is in. Hopefully they don't try to rip off all the T/L by moving the goalposts for them, good luck.

Claden it is on the ga rate. Speak to your union rep as it is printed in black and white in there pack they have. Why would they base it on a false figure.You have already been compensated for steeping down from Team Leader last year. Its now just greed from you guys. Pathetic yet comical.

Duracell

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 06-02-16, 12:37PM
Redundancy is where there is loss of job due to the job becoming obsolete. Just because your losing part of your premium does not give you right for this. You are being compensated for next 18 months so if you do not like it you have 18 months to find a new job. You talk about the team leaders but in Express we lost our bonus which was an average loss to each employee of 10-15%. Did you hear us cry like babies because of it NO .At least you still have jobs.

Um no... It can be where the contract is redundant, a business case to show a particular style contract no longer meets the company need would be perfectly acceptable as legal. However the end of such contracts could be deemed as a redundant situation the need for new or leave with the relevant package.
A way around this is to negotiate a change via consultation based on a majority view. If the change goes unaposed where possible IT would deemed as accepted and applied legally to individual contracts as a negotiated and agreed change.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

nightsboy

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 06-02-16, 08:38PM
Quote from: claden on 06-02-16, 08:20PM

Claden it is on the ga rate. Speak to your union rep as it is printed in black and white in there pack they have. Why would they base it on a false figure.You have already been compensated for steeping down from Team Leader last year. Its now just greed from you guys. Pathetic yet comical.
it isn't a FALSE figure based on the FACTS that team leaders didn't earn GA wage last year between Jan-May. Its false to pretend that we weren't on that rate actually..........

Expressdude2016

No but your a GA now and the compensation should be based on this. Do we need to draw pictures for you to understand.

Kendodd

Quote from: optout on 06-02-16, 08:25PM
Kendodd

can you confirm the following rumour, that

'Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead' ;) :thumbup:

I knew I should have picked a different name lol

nightsboy

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 06-02-16, 09:17PM
No but your a GA now and the compensation should be based on this. Do we need to draw pictures for you to understand.
we'll agree to disagree hey????don't let your emotions outweigh your intelligence..............good night

Duracell

If you are currently being compensated for previous losses, shouldn't that compensation be taken into account in the current compensation calculation, otherwise your previous loss will be compounded by the new loss, and because of this not compensated as agreed.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

nightsboy

I agree that the previous compensation lump sum should be taken out of this calculation but then it will still work out less than my new salary after the payrise. it seriously isn't me being greedy, its me asking a question, even if people are saying its in the black and white, it isn't right.

Kendodd

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 07:10PM
Quote from: Kendodd on 06-02-16, 10:23AM
Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 10:02AM
Just a thought.

When were TLs dispersed?
Are the people that were re contracted from being TLs now affected by the recent change?

I ask with unsureness of the timeframe between the 2 events.

I was once part of a collective greivance where a group of workers were negotiated with to make a change.. The change was made.
The grievance came about because the same group were targeted for a 2nd time to yet again change, whilst other groups were left unaffected.

The Grievance was based on the second request being unreasonable on the basis that they had only quite recently changed and other groups who could also "make a difference" were left unaffected.

The greivance was succesful albeit at local level.

I'm being affected twice 😞 
your obviously a previous team leader, have u worked out that u will get a lump sum kendodd

I was previously a team leader and yes I'll probably get a lump sum too.. What I wanted to say was a union rep told a group of staff the other day that tesco and the union knew this was going to happen back in January last year... So why wasn't this told to us team leaders during our negotiations? Would have been a much easier decision to go ahead with redundancy instead of the lump sum... I think most of us were conned into staying if they did know back then.. We could have took redundancy and gone back in six months with the same contract as it will be in July... That's if we wanted to go back!!!

Morris999

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 07:39PM
nothing greedy about seeking out everything you are entitled to from a company that I have been with from the start like yourself, if u never had the balls to work your way up the ladder, and not get a payout yourself, then that's my fault is it??????good day sir!!!

I have to ask, how old are you actually?
If you've been with the company from the start how was it working with good old jack in 1919 on the market stalls?
Or was it in the first shop that opened in 1929?
Are you the oldest person in the uk? If so hello Gladys, clearly Tesco's pensions performance over the past 90 odd years hasn't been kind to you😊

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk