News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 02:42PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,340
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 108
Total: 110

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mephisto

Going by other posts in the past I'm sure Loki will be affected by the changes is he not?

OpShunned

How many colleagues would the double time thingo affect?

How many colleagues work in store at grass roots level and possibly affected by the overtime cut?

tasha66

How much more can this shocking company take off you before ya all stand up and shout no more.
Pension
Shares in success
Sunday premiums
At what point do ya say thats enough now

burns2015

we still get shares in success.

Duracell

Sounds a bit judgemental when you use the word You,
Have you left the company now Tasha

We had a chance with the pension to take action, retail in all probability were probably were looking to distribution as a voice they don't seem to have anymore, we were able to call for the start of a consultative action.

Where we (Distribution) were Weak... As most didn't even turn up to be counted (returned ballot paper)

So for any section to judge another on apathy is both ironic and sad.

We are all so.

Differences should be set aside, the implication of the speculated proposal and whether they can is Massive.

Can a dog keep biting the hand that feeds it.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

A "Deal" that offers a pay award for a majority and reduction in contractual terms for a minority. Should never have been agreed to be presented, it's Heavily BIAS.

Particularly where mixed terms of employment apply.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

jelly

is this correct that managers are keeping their double time !!!!!

smegtour

if this happened in Ireland then i feel it will here,if it does then can we do anything about it...
i saw this in a Irish paper

Disgraceful: Tesco is about to significantly reduce wages of their loyal long term staff

Jan 27, 2016 James Brennan Irish News 109 8:30

tesco1

In what can only be described as a foul move by supermarket giant Tesco, the company plans to practically destroy the wages of their longest staff members.

Tesco is about to ask staff who have been with the company for more than 20 years to sign up to new contracts in a series of new personnel angles to save the company significant cash on their wage bill.

Staff who've been working for Tesco for more than 20 years amount to around 7% of the Tesco workforce but the entire staff is said to be "up in arms over the fiasco".

The new contracts will see staff being paid up to €3 less per hour than they are earning at present, that's a significant decrease over the space of a month, up to €480.

Tesco say their current contracts that long-term employees work off were negotiated at a time when stores didn't open on Sundays or late nights and thus are practically invalid.

The deduction will not affect those at management level who have worked for the company for a similar period of time, just floor staff.

nightcat

Quote from: jelly on 30-01-16, 04:41PM
No,its been increased to treble time!!!

burns2015

managers pay review is not announced until spring.

smegtour

if staff lose double time and manager don't can we do anything about it.

SAMCRO

Quote from: nightcat on 30-01-16, 05:03PM

Is this true?

OpShunned

No it's false. They will get quadruple pay, paid every April fools day. :D

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: SAMCRO on 30-01-16, 05:36PM
Quote from: nightcat on 30-01-16, 05:03PM

Is this true?

Oh dear !

tasha66

Quote from: burns2015 on 30-01-16, 04:06PM
We used to get 5% reduced to 1.1%

burns2015

never 5% was always 3.6% for many years until phil clarks regime.

nightcat

Quote from: tasha66 on 30-01-16, 06:07PM
Quote from: burns2015 on 30-01-16, 04:06PM
We used to get 5% reduced to 1.1%
Can't wait till they are a penny share,then I can make some serious money!

OpShunned

mephisto

Quote from: Loki on 26-01-16, 10:12PM
Interestingly, The 2004 Annual Pay Review established the principle that Night Premiums would increase each year in line with the Core Award.

However, in the 2013 Annual Pay Review although both night premiums increased in line with the core award, the Company "expressed preference" not to use the pay pot to fund an increase to Night Premium 1. They claimed this was due to significant improvements being made in previous years and there being no issue in attracting or retaining staff to work late in the evenings.

Food for thought.

"Founded on principles fleeting and untangible as the winds and clouds"

Duracell

Duracell.

Duracell

From ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QuoteWhat are contract terms?
The terms of the contract are the rights and obligations which bind the
employer and employee to the contract.
The terms of a contract can be:

express (those which are explicitly agreed between the employer and
employee, either in writing or orally)

implied (those which have not been spelled out but which would be taken
by the people involved to form part of the contract) or

statutory.

Is your Need to agree Statutory? Is it a lawful entitlement?
You have apparently Opted out of the need to agree as part of negotiations and the TESDAW agreement.

QuoteStatutory terms
are those implied or imposed by an Act of Parliament or
Statutory Instrument, eg: the entitlement to be paid the national minimum
wage or given a minimum period of notice. Agreements to contract out of
statutory terms are normally void under the law

Duracell.

Chiefstudbaker

Quote from: montyburns on 30-01-16, 05:05PM

managers pay review is not announced until spring.
as a man who is clearly well informed any more redundancys coming??? In light of the recent trial in metro coming to a close something must be in the pipeline??? Keep us informed if you hear of or read anything lying around my friend!!!

lwelly

I will be affected by the double time premium.  Another thing in worried about is the multiskillind agreement that anyone employed pre 2005 doesn't have to checkout tribes as a multi skiller. Would a change in contract also affect this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk