News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 09:57AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 417
Total: 419

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorkshireboy

Quote from: burns2015 on 26-01-16, 02:39PM
- All colleagues on time and half from July
- Removal of night premium 1
- No Buyout any colleague who will be worse off after will receive a lump sum in July of the difference in loss covering 18 months.
- Pay Award is 3.1%
- Location pay is going from 6 bands to 3 bands.

yorkshireboy

Do we have any info regarding Night Premium 2 from July 1st, if that is not increased by same 3.1% then Nights are going to be far worse off after 18 months - but then there may still be an ulterior motive regarding their future

burns2015

yorkshireboy

Quote from: burns2015 on 26-01-16, 07:06PM
NP2 is increasing.

Thank you - would you like to speculate by how much ?

burns2015

Sorry I did see it but can not remember the figure.

yorkshireboy

Ok, I'll be in suspense till next Mon / Tuesday !

Hammer10

What about all the bank holidays a lot of people do work them all as well as contracted for Sunday's every Sunday.as usual screwed over by the company again if I lose my home because I can't pay my mortgage I will get my sleeping bag and sleep in the managers office ,shxxxy company.money grabbing baxxxxds ,why don't they cut the pay of the parts in the ivory towers.

chris9997

So when they state everyone worse off Will get a lump some of
18 months of premiums lost does this mean after the 3.1% other wise everyone . Losing premium would be worse off surely?

lordadmiral

Quote from: the rule book on 26-01-16, 05:38PM
Where is this information coming from? It seems to me people are just guessing , s** stirring and making things up.

Here's the facts.
Tesco the employer have a contract to pay you so much every week.
You the emoloyee have the same contract and must supply your labour.

Now if any one of the party's wants to change the contract then it must be by mutal agreement.

If not its a dispute.
Taking away premuims that are in your contract would mean a break in contract by the employer and open them to legal regress.

The law of the united kingdom covers every inch of the kingdom , Tesco stores and depots are not magically imune from British law no matter how much they believe it to be.

Now onto the union on this matter, I have tried my best to find a statement or a press release.
Silence is the golden word from the body paid to look after and support workers interest.

So I'm confident Tesco are not going to change premiums without a compensation pakage.

Yes, its a big unknown about cuts, any kind of compensations etc.
But remeber that Tesco or any other  emplyer in UK doesnt have to pay any kind of night premiums or any so called unsocial hours bonuses. Beacuse of that Tesco might try now to do everything what is possible to f*** us up by cutting premiums and "IF" offer us as lowest as possible buy out.
Without NP1 a full timer will loose 60 pound a month. s*** that is a lot of the money ....

yorkshireboy

Quote from: chris9997 on 26-01-16, 08:07PM
18 months of premiums lost does this mean after the 3.1% other wise everyone . Losing premium would be worse off surely?
As I understand it if you are currently working on nights with Night Premium1 or days/nights being paid time x2 for Sunday working and they form part of your current contract of employment they will stop from July 1st, however you will be paid for them with a lump sum equal to 78 weeks
From July 1st Night Premium stops all together and Sunday / Bank Holiday x2 goes to 1-1/2 so you WILL lose out, Tesco hoping that the lump sum up front eases the pain

yorkshireboy

Quote from: yorkshireboy on 26-01-16, 08:25PM
As I understand it if you are currently working on nights with Night Premium1 or days/nights being paid time x2 for Sunday working and they form part of your current contract of employment they will stop from July 1st, however you will be paid for them with a lump sum equal to 78 weeks
From July 1st Night Premium stops all together and Sunday / Bank Holiday x2 goes to 1-1/2 so you WILL lose out, Tesco hoping that the lump sum up front eases the pain

I should make clear that the 78 weeks paid is for the said loss of premiums - I calculate that 5day NP1 @ 10hrs = £1170 less tax NI etc.

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: Hammer10 on 26-01-16, 07:18PM
What about all the bank holidays a lot of people do work them all as well as contracted for Sunday's every Sunday.as usual screwed over by the company again if I lose my home because I can't pay my mortgage I will get my sleeping bag and sleep in the managers office ,shxxxy company.money grabbing baxxxxds ,why don't they cut the pay of the parts in the ivor theirsy towers.

They will say " Don't take a mortgage based on " possible " overtime . I , although sympathising agree with that up to a point having been told in no uncertain terms  when I started that I was  "not to do Sundays as it was theirs " . I will therefore not be offering my sofa to those who though have been hogging the easy money for so long end up homeless .

Zamfir707

Hypothetically speaking, would they look to rate the compensation package (based on 18 months worth of premium losses) on:

(1) Double time @ current rate of pay VS 'time & half' @ new rate of pay?
or
(2) Double time @ new rate of pay VS 'time & half' @ new rate of pay?

Loki

Interestingly, The 2004 Annual Pay Review established the principle that Night Premiums would increase each year in line with the Core Award.

However, in the 2013 Annual Pay Review although both night premiums increased in line with the core award, the Company "expressed preference" not to use the pay pot to fund an increase to Night Premium 1. They claimed this was due to significant improvements being made in previous years and there being no issue in attracting or retaining staff to work late in the evenings.

Food for thought.

When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

frase344

I see that with the 3.1% rise on the starter rate, it just covers the new "National Living Wage".

Bet they'll boast that they pay the "National Living Wage".

AlexM

When they got rid of the bonus structure in Express a couple of years ago there was no individual consultations or anything. It was apparently negotiated for a long time with the union & then it was rolled out. Anybody who was worse off under the new pay structure (aligned to the same as superstores) was compensated with the difference in earnings for 18months. Many people got a payout so that concludes that many were worse off.

This appears to be the same kinda thing. Union negotiated our terms & conditions away for us in return for a bit of a payout.
I would expect, like with the expresses, they will look at how much each affected employee earned from the soon to be removed premiums over a set period of time (average probably 12-24 months previous) & compensate them accordingly. So anyone who regularly worked sunday/bank hols at double time will get a lot & those that never actually worked the days & earned the premiums will get nothing or very little as they haven't actually lost out.

There are some people I know who will be livid about this. Some of them need the money to survive. Others use double on a sunday as a way to take 2 days time off unpaid.

Whisky1

Back to Burns- so are we getting the turnaround bonus and a 3.1 % payrise or is it that we will get a bonus of 3.1%?

Titch

. I am wondering the same thing . Is the lump sum worked out after the wage rise increase ? Which would then make the lump sum a lot less ?

burns2015

When Express staff lost bonus and were given 18 months of the difference it was after the pay increase.

Titch

Quote from: burns2015 on 27-01-16, 12:20AM
When Express staff lost bonus and were given 18 months of the difference it was after the pay increase.
Not much of a payout then ! What would that work out as for the Sunday double time ? 

AlexM

That may be worked out as an average of what the value of the premium was on your previous earnings? I can't imagine they'll just pay everyone out the same amount, and expect anyone who is entitled to double, but never actually worked the shifts & got it, will not get very much as they won't actually be financially worse off?

burns2015

The company recon its only around 15% of colleagues who will take less home and who will get the payment. Its only contracted hours that qualify not overtime. Only exception would be anyone on a any 5 days from 7 contract who would work Sundays adhoc an example being Express TL where if there were to be loss it would be based on the previous year.

Titch

Quote from: burns2015 on 27-01-16, 01:00AM
The company recon its only around 15% of colleagues who will take less home and who will get the payment. Its only contracted hours that qualify not overtime. Only exception would be anyone on a any 5 days from 7 contract who would work Sundays adhoc an example being Express TL where if there were to be loss it would be based on the previous year.
with the 3.1 pay rise that will keep the Sunday pay relatively the same for us contracted double timers ( if I've worked it out right ) but will be quite a wage increase for current time and a halfers so I fail to see what being loyal to this company has achieved ?   Or perhaps I'm just totally thick when working out the sums ? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk