News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 09:52PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 192
Total: 195

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaled78

the fact that posts are being removed from yammer about this and stores losing 24 hour opening.says it all I believe

oliver

Open, honest and transparency then,has any management replied about staff questioning it then?

optout

Red Rock

'Or as a wiseman once said :  "He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have" '

Question, was this wiseman 'contented' at the time, with the torrent of Bu115hit spewing forth from every crack and orifice on and in his body. :question: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Chiefstudbaker

All sunday shifts WILL be contracted out to the cheaper peeps to stop the double timers getting a look in(the beans got spilt by accident by a manager instore and it seems loads more have let the cat out of the bag from what I've read on here and yet they still stay silent at the top)but what about the double timers that are contracted for sundays??? This doesnt really solve the problem??? Besides arent they discriminating by doing that??? I was told by a rep once it doesnt matter what premium you get you should all have an equal right??? More b******t??? Think they should at least offer a decent buyout lol ill keep dreaming ha ha

SAMCRO

Those who are contracted to Sundays will simply be bought out of their premium. Either take the buyout or take the redundancy would be the only 2 options available, hypothetically of course.....

lordadmiral

Quote from: mixerman on 25-01-16, 02:28PM
in my store we have a night-shift security guard,who is on the old contract and he works most Sat*rday nights in the bws for overtime,we know he earns approx. £200 for every Sat*rday night he works,a lot of us think this is disgusting,no wonder the company wants to sc**p double time payments
Yes there is a lot of people like that. The biggest problem is when people with pay like that are doing 30 min job in 2 hours.
The question  is how big buy out will be. I asked old staff members how much money they been offered when Saturday premium been sc**pped. It was less than 300 pound per person :D :D :D but that was long time ago now.

picktocube

you have to remember that Saturday premium was only 20% and i believe that the buyout was equivalent to 1 years worth of Saturdays  that you worked.

Chiefstudbaker

Surely everyone on double has to be offered buyout??? Contracted or not??? Otherwise people will still be on double if for some reason needed to cover in some situation!!!

madness

Does this mean managers won't have to work Sundays. I know you can sign an opt out but the grief you would get isn't worth it. Wouldn't care if we got an extra day off during the week but I don't want to work 6 days a week.

fscer

My stock control manager is defecating it now, we told him all of us will be dropping the sunday if it happens.

lucgeo

Stock control routines on a Sunday  :question:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Red Rock

Quote from: optout on 25-01-16, 05:32PM
Red Rock

'Or as a wiseman once said :  "He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have" '

Question, was this wiseman 'contented' at the time, with the torrent of Bu11s**t spewing forth from every crack and orifice on and in his body. :question: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Couldn't answer your question, as I never stayed around to ask him!  But he must be as he is still working away at the Big T and the smell is awful it would make you spew!!  😷😷😷😷

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Morris999

Quote from: Metroman on 25-01-16, 05:54PM
All sunday shifts WILL be contracted out to the cheaper peeps to stop the double timers getting a look in(the beans got spilt by accident by a manager instore and it seems loads more have let the cat out of the bag from what I've read on here and yet they still stay silent at the top)but what about the double timers that are contracted for sundays??? This doesnt really solve the problem??? Besides arent they discriminating by doing that??? I was told by a rep once it doesnt matter what premium you get you should all have an equal right??? More b******t??? Think they should at least offer a decent buyout lol ill keep dreaming ha ha

The manager hasn't spilt any beans, as NOT one manager in ANY store knows what is going to happen!
Even SD's haven't been briefed yet!

What that manager has done is either decided off their own back to openly discriminate against certain workers, or has been told by there manager to discriminate against certain workers!
Either way both are illegal and will get those managers involved in serious s*** if they actually do it and a grievance goes in etc!

We will all just have to wait till 1st Feb to find out, like the SM's, PM's and union reps!

burns2015

Morris999  store managers were briefed today on the pay reward via conference calls with sd or som

burns2015

- All colleagues on time and half from July
- Removal of night premium 1
- No Buyout any colleague who will be worse off after will receive a lump sum in July of the difference in loss covering 18 months.
- Pay Award is 3.1%
- Location pay is going from 6 bands to 3 bands.

were doomed

Burns how do you know this info ?

picktocube

From what date is the 3.1% award applied?

burns2015

Store Managers were briefed yesterday that's all I shall say...The disorganised ones leave there briefs lying around

burns2015

Rad

Please wait until the official briefings take place before getting excited or downbeat about anything posted on here. There will be a lot more to the pay review as a whole. What burns has posted is embargoed and no doubt there will be more  information posted on here.  However it might be best to receive all the information next Monday.

yorkshireboy

Quote from: burns2015 on 26-01-16, 02:39PM
- No Buyout any colleague who will be worse off after will receive a lump sum in July of the difference in loss covering 18 months.
- Pay Award is 3.1%
The lump sum for loss of Night Premium 1 from July will it be at current rate or what would have been the new rate from July had it continued to run?

bobbywm

- Pay Award is 3.1%
Does that Mean all colleagues on double tie, will be down to time and a half.    or   all colleagues will be losing times and a half  too. 
and the removal on night premium 1 is a bitch too.
what i'm wondering while all this is going on,  and us on the shop floor,  are losing more wages.   struggling with what we earn as it is...    what about the People sitting in the ivory towers..  and they gonna take a loss of earning too,   I think not.
Keep on Rockin' in the free world

burns2015

double time colleagues going to same as the rest at time and a half.

yorkshireboy

- Pay Award is 3.1%
Good Info - Any quote regarding new rate Night Premium 2 - assuming their is good news there in light of continuing information from elsewhere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk