News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:28PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 308
Total: 311

Disciplinary Meeting

Started by tempo35, 29-04-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

Bubbles , if you're having g so many issues with your own job then why add to your stress worrying about what the manager is getting the Baker to do ? I genuinely dont mean to sound harsh but the manager is responsible for waste not you , if Baker does 3 days worth , whatever . Pick your battles , if I were people partner , I wouldn't listen , I'd be wondering why when you've had so many issues of your own that you're bothered about the bakery . It sounds like you checking everything that this manager does and are running to the people partner .
For your own stress levels , try to go in , do your own job to the best of your ability  , document any issues of bullying against you if any occur and then go home . I understand sometimes it's hard when other people get away with everything and you seem to be pulled up on the slightest thing but for your own mental health just concentrate on yourself .

Tinkerbell1234

No i am not  i did not want to go back work there and you will understand so dont judge  and assume we dont go to work to be treated like in the military how can i do my job when  wont let us do anything i have always believed working in a team and n9t to be treated like s*** i go in do my job its not good when you dread going in  you call that normal for a manager to do well 27 years in retail I can honestly say tesco managers are the worse I was bullied before and they expect me to stand up in tribunal and support them no chance not about baking i dont care nust an example his loss issues i had before again managers i was proven not guilty and tesco still not helping a complete joke 

Welshie

Bubbles I'm not judging you , I'm just saying , pick your battles . Let the things that don't directly effect you go ie;bakery . I've been where you are (not in tesco) and it can overwhelm you , you start to notice everything that is wrong and then when you have the chance to voice it to someone that can help (peoples manager) the issues all get intertwined and they stop listening . Concentrate on the issues that directly affect you , that you can document and when you have 1 month or 2 months worth of solid evidence you can go out of store or above mangers head ..  if it looks like you're checking up on the managers every move then they will just dismiss it as a personality clash or will just take managers side . It must be evidence of things that directly effect you .

Tinkerbell1234

Sorry welshie waa not having a go at you  :(

Tinkerbell1234

Hi  since being back in my store not been great manager has blocked me on facebook so not on any groups he said was going to be alternative sunday working no sundays given it  to step up he said said its his job to view cctv on staff perfomances which i know is wrong also putting pressure on me not other shift leaders am i being sinlged out

lucgeo

Yes, if you can prove the above statements.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tinkerbell1234

Yes i can i have taken pic of rota screen shot of whasapp also they can just check cctv manager in office strange yesterday office door  not shut after i said not allowed to do that he said got problem with whasapp clearly not has all still on groups also my colleague said he put message up on group regarding papers being submitted late not me and asked the step up to find out whi did it when i was running shift not sure what to do has no one is listening

NavyNinja

Sorry if this is a little off topic but a colleague of mine (who also happens to be a friend) has been kept on after the Covid-19 recruitment binge and is on checkouts. They've stuck him down on Self Serve twice in the last two weeks in the evening by himself and told him to Till Check the tills. Not even I know how to do that. He presumed it's the Till Declaration when you turn the machines off and back on again like when they're being emptied. Our manager is off sheilding due to age so we've got the guy off the counters and he says that's not right and if it's not done properly next week he'll be disciplined. Is the Self Serve till check the till declaration or not? He needs to know and is worried about being got rid of.  Thanks in advance all.

Redshoes

It's not his responsibility and can't be punished for something he is not trained to do and is not part of his job role.

Batmanjo

Quote from: NavyNinja on 17-07-20, 12:00AM
Sorry if this is a little off topic but a colleague of mine (who also happens to be a friend) has been kept on after the Covid-19 recruitment binge and is on checkouts. They've stuck him down on Self Serve twice in the last two weeks in the evening by himself and told him to Till Check the tills. Not even I know how to do that. He presumed it's the Till Declaration when you turn the machines off and back on again like when they're being emptied. Our manager is off sheilding due to age so we've got the guy off the counters and he says that's not right and if it's not done properly next week he'll be disciplined. Is the Self Serve till check the till declaration or not? He needs to know and is worried about being got rid of.  Thanks in advance all.

It seems like management don't have a clue and some are like angry bears taking their failings out on staff they think they can abuse.One would believe he has had adequate training if he is on the self service checkouts ? If not he may be entitled to a tea break otherwise known as a disciplinary so as he can go over his training or lack of.     

Redshoes

Don't worry about it.  it does not fall under your friend to do this and he has not been trained. I suggest your friend just asks team support if the closed down is ok, might be a good idea to say "As I'm new to this and I have not been fully trained I'm wondering if the close down I'm doing is ok or if there is something I should be doing differently".

Mrbline

If I had an investigation meeting and named too managers that allowed me to do something do they need to be included in the investigation or can just give a statement saying they didn't allow it

londoner83

They should be interviewed as part of the investigation to check the truth in what you claim to have happened.

Do you have any witnesses who overheard either of them telling you to do it, or evidence of it being standard practice?

Mrbline

They weren't interviewed, they just stated they never told us.  Many staff were doing the practice before as they authorised it.

londoner83

That's the defence I would go down then.....everyone else was doing it and I was even told by 2 managers it was OK to do.  Ask why you are being singled out for punishment whilst  the others aren't even being investigated.

Mrbline

The issue comes that they are classing this as theft  the last two senior managers have always authorised us can take from items from shopfloor rtc section as they not ambient lines if they're stuff left over at night and the store is closed on sat into sun( now they are denying this as the guy has been caught) by this manager 

NightAndDay

Hmm, anyone know what would happen if it's on record that the managers deny it, but there's cctv evidence of this being common practice among everyone including the managers?

forrestgimp

So am i right in thinking you took a discarded reciept and added the points to your own card not once but twice?

If thats the case I would get yourself ready to lose your job that is incredibly serious, At this point with no union rep all you can do is take someone in with you for moral support and be completely honest although im not sure what you can say after doing it twice, once you might have got away with but twice smacks of trying to game the system for financial gain.

How many points did you put on because if it was one or two on each reciept you could trying pointing that out however dont get your hopes up.

What you did was incredibly supremely stupid, be as humble and thick as you can be so they take pity on you.

NightAndDay

There's more to it than whether the person did it or not, there's also the matter that if the colleague says that the other managers gave it the ok and they can prove it's common practice amongst the masses, then the managers can't discipline the individual without meteing out the same disciplinary measures to all applicable colleagues as this is a minimum standard required by ACASs code of fair investigation and disciplinary process.

notsofunny

Quote from: Mrbline on 25-12-20, 06:18AM
The issue comes that they are classing this as theft  the last two senior managers have always authorised us can take from items from shopfloor rtc section as they not ambient lines if they're stuff left over at night and the store is closed on sat into sun( now they are denying this as the guy has been caught) by this manager

So they Stole something , they committed a act of theft , so that makes them a ?  and you want to find out how to get them out of it  :-X? and at the same time they want to blame others for telling them that they could do it  ???,,, wonder if they had told them to jump off a ten story building would they have done it  8-)

Admit to it grovel and when they sack him/her realize only person to blame was himself /herself ,,

Redshoes

There was a policy reminder comms on this recently. It is classed as theft. If your store has been in breach of policy the best you can hope for is not being sacked.

newguy20

Are these colleague shop items? If so shouldn't they be scanned through a till, if the store is closed you can still get a colleague to put it through or do it on a self checkout.

forrestgimp

Quote from: NightAndDay on 29-12-20, 07:34PM
There's more to it than whether the person did it or not, there's also the matter that if the colleague says that the other managers gave it the ok and they can prove it's common practice amongst the masses, then the managers can't discipline the individual without meteing out the same disciplinary measures to all applicable colleagues as this is a minimum standard required by ACASs code of fair investigation and disciplinary process.

Yep a valid point but the OP has not said anything of that nature and its a pretty important ommision if they got permission.

I cant imagine any manager who is not insane would have given permision for a colleague to not once but twice take a discarded reciept and add the points to their own clubcard using their own login details on the tills.

As for the last part about the same measures for all colleagues involved yea thats correct but thats something that would need to be argued in a court hearing and not their meeting with Tesco because Tesco will do what they want and react to whatever happens afterwards.

NightAndDay

Ok, a bit of confusion, I thought you were replying to the latest topic in this thread, the ops topic that you refer to is from 8 months ago.

rnemse70

Hi, not sure if I'm posting this is in the right place because I am new to the site but I've been informed that I am having an investigation meeting.  I'm under 18, and being investigated for leaving a pod out (by accident) on a till.  I'm just wondering if I am REQUIRED to have a parent or guardian present and if my rights to have a chosen colleague with me remain the same.

The allegations against me are the truth, and I intend to be honest about this and, since its my first offence do you guys think there'll actually be any disciplinary further than a warning? cheers.

Sorry if I didn't make much sense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk