News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

05-05-24, 12:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,473
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 295
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 281
Total: 284

Meeting witness

Started by dfl, 04-05-24, 02:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

Hi

Im trying to help someone at a disciplinary appeal but being told as its not my scheduled shift i wont be paid for it, or not even hours back or shift changed, is this right or against policy to be stating this as surely if the employee needs a rep (even a usdaw one) they would need to be on shift and could be brought in ?
DFL

NightAndDay

As you are required to attend, you legally have to be paid, if they try pull a fast one, get USDAW involved and remind the union of Employment law.

BlueToon

If you are going in as a colleague rep (not a union rep), then you have exactly the same rights as a union rep. This includes to prepare for the meeting, attend the meeting etc.  Included in this is the right to be paid.

lucgeo

Look under citizens advice...
Who can accompany you to a disciplinary meeting.the meeting should be arranged for your shift, otherwise you come in and get paid for your time...including the travel time to and from your home if it is a fair distance.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

dfl

@lucgeo hi this is in relation to the disciplinary appeal youve replied to before, im being told that as its not my shift it wont be paid if i go in, think policy does said paid to help prepare for it but doesnt say anything about for the whole meeting, maybe theyre trying to break up the continuity for the employee having the same companion from start to finish
DFL

oldfashionedplayer

As others have said, it seems to follow the same rights as a disciplinary hearing which is you are able to take in a union representative / colleague and if they aren't available can be re-scheduled, says reps are entitled to have the time paid etc, so should be the same rights for the colleague of expected to come in to give evidence in a meeting etc, I'd have the colleague request a day when your both in and raise it with colleague help too to be honest, get their bit of info on it as they'll likely be starting to look into it more to avoid any potential legal issues with the way you've described the stuff  8-)

dfl

@oldfashionedplayer im the one going in with the employee but being told i wouldnt be paid as not on a scheduled shift, i think thats completely wrong. What would you mean by colleague help may look into legal issues ?
DFL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk