Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 05:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 523
Total: 524

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowyowl

How can a Senior Team who have been shown in the past to be corrupt and who in reality should be spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure have the moral authority to make any decisions with regards to anybody's future?  >:( >:( >:( B*st*ards  >:( >:( >:( 

Tom Hardy

Quote from: Shiiiitinit on 28-02-17, 04:41PM
Tom, in answer to your question, team managers are being halved across all sites.  The managers that are going were all told yesterday.

Quote from: Shiiiitinit on 28-02-17, 04:41PM
Tom, in answer to your question, team managers are being halved across all sites.  The managers that are going were all told yesterday.

Thanks & good luck to those involved  :(

JL

With DCs and Express now effected all that is left is the large stores, goodbye 20-40K shelf fillers. They could replace all the LMs with a Shift Runner on £1 more per hour in fact give them £2 so they will run faster. I would do the trial no pay to see some of them getting the boot. It is hard to find a LM who does not disappear is interested and knows what is happening on the shop floor at all times.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: snowyowl on 01-03-17, 07:12AM
How can a Senior Team who have been shown in the past to be corrupt and who in reality should be spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure have the moral authority to make any decisions with regards to anybody's future?  >:( >:( >:( B*st*ards  >:( >:( >:(
Unfortunately it's the way the  toilet and the simple one want it , Tesco are building a house of cards.
ERRIC would be a great tool if used correctly , but when's it's based on subjective opinions, then ifs totally inappropriate, for example a vegetarian would never score sirloin steak high, so some managers were doomed from the very start .

snowyowl

I think Middlesbrough got told yesterday, or could be today. Either way I'm sure it will be a wonderful working atmosphere in the Depot today. Good luck to them all.  :thumbup:

Arizonarugby

I think most managers in phase 1 will now know their fate, despite what some people think, there are a hell of a lot of good people being throw on the scrap heap to pay for the mistakes of others higher up the food chain- the majority who have left the company with very handsome remuneration packages .

The one thing that surprises me though, is considering the number of people involved, how few have posted on here   , even if they're happy to leave Tesco, I would have thought there would have been a bigger backlash against the company.

bluebird1234

Agree 100% with all of the above...still early days regarding a backlash as there are still a few to be informed ...the ones " at risk " are starting their one 2 ones now and there are bound to be a few fireworks during the next 28 days...still think there's going to be a few more twists

Wonderwoman

What is the toilet and the simple one.......not sure I follow?

Surely the DCM would want to keep the best Managers and get rid of the not so good?
Call me naive but that what I would do if I had to make difficult decisions, makes no sense to get rid of the best and keep the worst. I've no problems with what I've heard so far in my DC.

snowyowl

It's not about capability, it's about cost.
Sorry about my last post, load of b*ll*cks, misinformed.  ???

Cabbagepatch

We are way behind you down in Kent we finally had a visit from a couple of Senior Tesco managers who held a couple of sessions with some of our Tm's. The feedback we got back from them was all's rosy at your sites,  that help will be given to people unsuccessful in keeping there jobs and that the new structure is a success!
Apparently Tesco talking to our management next week until then we still have no real info on what is coming other than the carnage of cuts!
Good luck to everyone made redundant hope it all turns out well for you!

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Wonderwoman on 02-03-17, 12:13AM
What is the toilet and the simple one.......not sure I follow?

Surely the DCM would want to keep the best Managers and get rid of the not so good?
Call me naive but that what I would do if I had to make difficult decisions, makes no sense to get rid of the best and keep the worst. I've no problems with what I've heard so far in my DC.

The toilett is the distribution personnel manager (you just need to replace one of the letters) but the name as it reads is very apt cause she's full of s**t.  The simple one is the distribution stream director for the north "I'm just a simple lad from ..." is how he likes to introduce himself

If you read my post correctly, it's about ERRIC being applied on the basis of opinion, as opposed to fact and that clearly is wrong , if tesco believe that ERRIC is the way forward then they would have used psychometric tests to determine a persons score in each category.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Cabbagepatch on 02-03-17, 10:37AM
We are way behind you down in Kent we finally had a visit from a couple of Senior Tesco managers who held a couple of sessions with some of our Tm's. The feedback we got back from them was all's rosy at your sites,  that help will be given to people unsuccessful in keeping there jobs and that the new structure is a success!
Apparently Tesco talking to our management next week until then we still have no real info on what is coming other than the carnage of cuts!
Yet more lies, only Litchfield and Hinckley have new structure, all the other DC's are currently in the process of 30 days consultation. There is absolutely no help being given to the unsuccessful people- other than being given the opportunity to step down in to a coordinators role or given a list of the vacancies in stores.
This is what your new structure will look like

1 Depot Manager
1 people manager overseeing 2 sites
1 safety and people manager ( training manager and health and safety manager role combined)
1 OSM (finance manager) overseeing 2 sites
3 shift managers
5 team managers per shift (15 in total) - all to cover the duty manager role
1 people clerk per shift (3 in total)
6 (work level 1 ) warehouse coordinators per shift (premium of £6 per week)

keokrusader

Slightly different for some sites...dependant on size/volumes/location.

Goole for example will have 21 TMs, 7 on each shift.

Not all site will be doubled up either, livingston for example remains standalone for geopraphical reasons.

Arizonarugby

I agree, there will be a small variance from site to site, but the reduction in terms of percentage wil be roughly the same - the management team will be reduced by around 55 %.

All fresh sites will be broadly similar, with the numbers 3 shift managers and 15 team managers

trigger

personnally,im devastated,what the hell have they done,some of our best managers at Magor,,going.defies beliefe. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

notsofunny

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 02-03-17, 03:54PM
Quote from: Cabbagepatch on 02-03-17, 10:37AM
Yet more lies, only Litchfield and Hinckley have new structure, all the other DC's are currently in the process of 30 days consultation. There is absolutely no help being given to the unsuccessful people- other than being given the opportunity to step down in to a coordinators role or given a list of the vacancies in stores.
This is what your new structure will look like

1 Depot Manager
1 people manager overseeing 2 sites
1 safety and people manager ( training manager and health and safety manager role combined)
1 OSM (finance manager) overseeing 2 sites
3 shift managers
5 team managers per shift (15 in total) - all to cover the duty manager role
1 people clerk per shift (3 in total)
6 (work level 1 ) warehouse coordinators per shift (premium of £6 per week)
No help is being given to DMs in Express as well,
Not a word from the Union,
And to top it all the list of vacancies  given had DC jobs in them as well,, It had to be pointed out to them that our DC is Under 45 days as well ??? yep they had to look at each other wondering what was going on 8-)
Think its a case of get it over with , get them out and who cares sad  :(  but the truth

Arizonarugby

To be honest it's a total joke, the press release says that they will be working with all the effected people to help than secure new jobs . This is a blatant lie, i asked if the company would support with CV and interview skills work shops and was told to go to Job Centre Plus .... in other words you've served us well for the past 25+ years now **** off

keokrusader

Complete shambles. The whole point of the new structure was its based on ERRIC....i am not witnessing much empathy from anyone WL3 or above.

I have asked for early release as i have another job to go to. Been told that i can leave early but will lose out on the remainder of my notice as they wont pay PILON.

Wouldnt be so bad if they hadnt paid it at Lichfield/Hinkley/Chesterfield/Welham Green and head office when they were restructured.

Historically we have paid people off due to them being problem causers or unmanageable...so you get 6k for being a pain in the a**e, yet 10/15/20 years service and they'll screw you out of a few grand.

Totally disgusting way to behave....and its not a cost saving!

Personally, very happy to be leaving and dont think it could have worked out any better for me. But the way they are carrying on now leaves a very sour taste.

Arizonarugby

Keokrudader I agree 100% with you this whole sorry episode has been a disgrace.

The ERRIC scores has totally been manipulated too ensure that certain people got the jobs and certain people didn't.

it's not only the work level 3 'stagy should be hanging their heads in shame (at my depot at least) there's quite a few work levels 2's who should take a long hard themselves and their actions in the mirror , and reflect on what could have been.

I am saddened to see how people who I have know, worked alongside and supported  over the past 10 -15 years , now  don't speak to me, whether that's because they're embarrassed , I can't say but none the less , it doesn't make it any easier .

What is even more disgusting, is that I had to sit through the lies about " the vision of Tesco of the future " broadcast at  at the People First Roadshow by our fantastic Distribution Leadership Team ...

keokrusader

Agreed. Nothing but lies for years.

Remember the one about improving communication and getting a list of all managers together for regular updates etc? I haven't heard a thing funnily enough...

Boils my p**s that all the while they were spinning us these yarns at the roadshows they knew full well what was in the pipeline.

Also been disappointed by some of the behaviour I've seen over the last week. However some of the guys are showing real character in the way they have acted. Sad to see what is being lost.

Arizonarugby

What even p****s me off even more, is that my people manager, who is the self proclaimed " queen of the people" hasn't given me a second thought over the past 4 or 5 weeks, whilst telling DLT how she and the DC's senior team have acted with the utmost empathy... in the words of Jim Royle .... empathy my a***

Dip and drive

Was hinkley a trial site? The reason im asking is because there are vacancies for team managers on the notice board in work.

babymetal

Yeah Hinckley is one of the pilot sites

Dip and drive

How can they make managers redundant and advertise so soon for managers?

How are the podium people coping with the pressure of controlling the work stations?

Arizonarugby

The law says that you can't replace the role made redundant within 6 months of the role they was deemed no longer to be required, in the same sense anybody made redundant, can not apply to work for the company they have been made redundant from for 6 months.

So my guess , is that this vacancy is to replace one of the "chosen few" who has decided that the job is not for them and found work elsewhere?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk