News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 08:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 539
Total: 544

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebenchmark

m25 a3 junction any news on the tesco lorry that had an accident early saturday morning? 20/21 june 08

PitseaSuspect

replyin to the posts bout the truck going over on the M25 before the bridge junction 30 is it ? Some drivers have said at our store that the driver discharged himself from hospital and hasnt been see since. Glad he was ok though no one likes to hear about a death and im glad it was an old trailer too .. thats the last time Thurrock will send that to our store, bloomin slow tail lifts that never sit properly on the ground.

The Mrs

Chairswan

Looks like a Chepstow wagon from this angle :o

Basoo9

`the airpipes split and the driver halted it`      that is a wee bit on the bad reporting side as when the pipes are split all the air escapes from the tanks and the vehicle automatically stops.  ;)

Chairswan

Has anyone heard about the incident involving a Harlow wagon some time ago on the A10 shedding it's load in which a police pursuit vehicle was struck by the load that fell?
The two officers in the vehicle were both hospitalised with major injuries :( :o

The incident resulted in the loader & the loading manager both jailed :o >:D

thegreenhornet

;D Didn't the driver know about the shunt button :-[ what a pillock............could have bent over and sealed the red air airline and pressed the shunt button....drivers and screwdrivers as they say !

Geezer100

Green Hornet - I thought the shunt buttons didn't work on the tesco Trailers.

Chubbychaser

If the shunt buttons don't work then how do the shunters do their business back at the DC?

Basoo9

Correct . The shunt buttons do not work on Tesco trailers and the shunters attach the red air line to move trailers.  ;)

Basoo9

Quote from: thegreenhornet on 25-07-08, 01:20AM
;D Didn't the driver know about the shunt button :-[ what a pillock............could have bent over and sealed the red air airline and pressed the shunt button....drivers and screwdrivers as they say !
Before you call anybody derogatory names at least do your home work and get your facts right.Foot in mouth tactic that one ...Pillock. >:D

thegreenhornet

:o Yep the shunters have to put the red air line on because on shunt button is on a spring and has to be held in manually. So if your red air is broken and your waggon is blocking the road ! You get someone to hold in the shunt button while you very slowly move the waggon.....enough said on subject.

blindside

Middlewich truck went over on the M6 - M62 slip on Friday,
Not heard any details except it was an Irlams driver (say no more)..
in an ex-tesco unit..
Anyone know the details?????

rubber duck

Yet another D/Decker gone over, firstly hope the driver is OK. Happened underneath M1 Junction 18. Looks like he/she was coming out of fastway and turning left onto the northbound acceleration lane and over it went :o. Most of the trailer roof had come off with some of the cages still inside, could not see if any had come out of the trailer from the.

shobba

Word is it was a Unity trailer, but not confirmed.

tinner

could someone confirm plz, even though i've parted with the co. I still have fond memories of the drivers,

tinner

just heard it was a fastway but had one of unity agency drivers. hope driver ok

hotlips

Was this the same one that went over last night coming out of fastway bound for MWTS? We received notification about it as it had all stock bound for our store deliveries on it.

Has anyone got any news on the driver? Hope they are ok - perhaps now they may start to put less weight in the cages - if the powers that be who decide what goes in cages actually read this site lets hope they act now before someone gets killed!!!!!

Chairswan

I take it there hasn't been any incidents in the past month then ???  :)

The Guvnor

I have heard of 2 rollovers this week.

The first one was just outside Litchfield DC
Monday 10.11.2008
Alledged Bad Loading of a double deck trailer. Top Heavy on the top deck. Tesco employed driver. Seeming no injury

2nd one.

On the A24 Leatherhead by-pass in Surrey at the Headley Court roundabout.
Wednesday 15.30 ish
Ex Weybridge DC bound to West Durrington.
Alledged Bad Loading. 12 metre trailer with incorrect weight distribution.
Speed on rollover.....12 MPH.

Now I know that this may go in the face of Nomads request for precise details surrounding the rollovers, but on the second occasion, the driver concerned is now lying in a hospital bed, waiting for an operation to have his discolated shoulder pinned back into place. His shoulder keeps popping out of its socket. He is Agency, Eastern European, and is now, following bad procedures, not being paid and far away from his home and family.

How Many More Rollovers must we suffer before something is done(?)) (?)) (?))
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

The Mrs

TONKA

An update on the Lichfield rollover, The Driver is OK just a little bruised where he was wearing his seatbelt. Unfortunately he was given some pain killers at the DC, then he was D&A`d and failed the test because of the pain killers so he has been suspended. As for the loaders the only info I have is they were both English employees and supposedly the best two loaders at Lichfield, I am not able to find out as yet if any action is pending on these two.

Chairswan

Regarding the Weybridge rollover:

I've heard the loader & the loader manager have been suspended.... I don't know of anymore details, apart from the wagon FELLOVER  ???  :o

The Mrs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk