News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 09:52AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 448
Total: 449

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey123

You allways seem to blame the loaders. could it be bad driving as well .remember there is bad ones as well as bad loaders ;)

The Mrs

Basoo9

The Mrs

Lucky, considering the cab ended up underneath the trailer. How does that happen? Broken pin?

TONKA

It could of been a broken pin, most likley the cab would of dug into the earth and the trailer would of jacknifed over the top of the cab if it was upsidedown.

Blue-nose

do the drivers not have a part to play  without trying to blame others !!!!!!!! speed kills

Chubbychaser

Never heard of "innocent until proven guilty"  (?))

hitch

Surely the answer is check cage count
and if it would dosnt add up to a full trailer
check that its loaded bottom up
cost of a seal about 0.05p

the shunter who pulls the trailer off the bay should be aware
of this problem
it shouldnt be down to the driver finding out on the first round a bout

Reponboard123

I can see from the above posts that some people have not got a clue on Double deck loading. Tesco loaders are supposed to be trained to load a vehicle to comply with the law and have a degree of common sense. If you load a two deck trailer with all the heavy stuff on the top then the inevitable will happening. You do not need to be Einstein to figure that out. The current emphasis on cutting loading times and the turnaround times unloading at stores is now causing great concern for H&S and the attitude of certain shift managers at stores (for example Ayr on nightshift , calling a driver a f***ing idiot for doing his job) are going to have dire and tragic consequences. An accident has already happened at Silverburn where the backdoor man took the bay off the trailer before the driver was out the trailer and the driver fell down the gap between the trailer and the bay . All to improve the turnaround by seconds.  ??? ??? ???

Chairswan

This sounds more like a backdoor incident then a truck rollover reponboard.  :o

Chairswan

I heard today that on Tuesday (12th May).  Two Didcot wagons collided with each other at the slip road Junction 8/9 of M4 near Maidenhead.
It's been alleged that the wagons were racing each other, one swiped the other causing it to rollover carrying a frozen load.
No reported injuries.

The Guvnor

I too have heard the same story.

All parties will remain innocent until proven Guilty.
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

baldilocks

It is alleged that both the drivers involved have a history of speeding, both on the road, and within the yard.
Both have been sacked apparently. It is also alleged that tachos showed 56mph from the moment they left the yard(mostly single carriageway 40mph limit), and also for this incident to have happened where it happened, both were off route. Many Didcot drivers have been overtaken by these two in highly dangerous fashion.

Chairswan

Apparently it cost the company £5000 to recover each wagon from the site of the above incident  :o

The Guvnor

2 trailers written off, 1 unit written off and one badly damaged. £80,000 total worth for the vehicles alone, not to mention the 2 loads wasted and 2 drivers given the choice to resign or be dismissed. They chose to be dismissed.

News has also reached my ears of another roll over on Friday night ex Lichfield DC and a jackknife all in the same night. As yet there are no details available surrounding either of these 2 incidents. Anyone got any more news (?))
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

The Mrs

Not a rollover but what sounds a very nasty incident

Woman dragged under Tesco lorry

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2009/06/12/woman-dragged-under-tesco-lorry-64767-23864825/

I hope all involved get the best of care.

Chairswan

A similar incident happened in Aylesbury about a week ago I was told, at a roundabout near Aylesbury 2 store with a cyclist.
The cyclist died of his injuries.  :o

TONKA

I have heard that the driver has been cleared of blame by the police, and he is off work with shock and stress. We will now have to wait for the results of the inquiry.

value

Quote from: baldilocks on 27-05-09, 08:32AM
It is alleged that both the drivers involved have a history of speeding, both on the road, and within the yard.
Both have been sacked apparently. It is also alleged that tachos showed 56mph from the moment they left the yard(mostly single carriageway 40mph limit), and also for this incident to have happened where it happened, both were off route. Many Didcot drivers have been overtaken by these two in highly dangerous fashion.

One driver returned to work this week, the other has not.

They were both as guilty as each other so how do Tesco management see this as a fair outcome ? The driver that has been reinstated has a long history of Speeding, failing to take proper breaks(most breaks taken on on loading bay whilst unloading) and generally driving in a manner akin to a "Chip shop racer" that appear on any High Street most evenings. Allegedly both drivers were also doing a "Full Time" building job as well as driving for Tesco during the night, surely this is also going against the WTD regarding drivers and drivers hours.

Chairswan

One of the drivers involved in the said accident has a habit of entering my yard in a "boy racer" fashion & taking out faulty trailers. IE everytime he delivers to my store the tail-lift is faulty or the trailer floor is iced up like a rink.  :(

Bigfoot

Quote from: Chairswan on 23-06-09, 11:12AM
The trailer floor is iced up like a rink.  :(

Surely as trailers are sealed this is not the drivers fault, whoever they are?

PitseaSuspect

Driver told me of a Thurrock rolled over on a round about, not sure where but apparently crushed a car, persons had to be cut out by fire brigade. Driver was going to fast round the round about. Anyone heard anythin ?

value

Been hearing reports of an accident involving a Tesco vehicle, possibly a Weybridge vehicle. Heard it was on the M25 yesterday evening, has anybody heard anything ? is the driver OK ?

Chairswan

Where abouts on the M25 (?))
If it was say outside North London, the chances would be a Thurrock rather then a Weybridge.

value

A30/ Heathrow area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk