News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 08:53AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,424
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 539
Total: 543

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer10

From start to finish it could over 5 years but the longer it goes on they said you could get as much as 40000 before they deduct their cut.

londoner83

Have no opinion on the merits of the case, but I'd  imagine if shopworkers won their case another bunch of staff/depts would be cut to cover the compensation payments

Charlie Harper

With a 30K pay out I'd be more than happy to go. Of course, I'd want a redundancy pay off too  8)

Quote from: londoner83 on 31-01-19, 06:42PM
Have no opinion on the merits of the case, but I'd  imagine if shopworkers won their case another bunch of staff/depts would be cut to cover the compensation payments

Tesco made 1.5 billion profit and the payouts could potentially run into almost 10 billion.   (-*-)

optout

@Opshunned

Welcome back (even if it is only temporarily), hope you are well. It seems that the worm is turning. Cue the nay sayers....  ;D
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

optout

Don't forget that you can still join the fight if you have recently left tesco. I am not certain but I think the limit may be 6 months. Hopefully somebody here will know for sure.

Ron

Any one any idea if this is applicable to Northern Ireland as it just says England, Scotland and Wales?

Charlie Harper

optout

optout

Here is a link to the firm (I notice that it says in the verbiage that the limit is if you have worked in tesco in the last 6 years (not months), so it may be worth an email to find out, if you have left tesco in the last few years!

tescoequalpay@leighday.co.uk

Charlie Harper

https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Equal-pay-claims/Tesco-equal-pay-claim

Slight contradiction in the wording as on this page (link above) it says 'You can also bring a claim if you have left Tesco within the last 6 months'. It then goes on... 'If you left Tesco more than 6 months ago, please contact a member of our team who will discuss how you may be affected.'

As output says, it may be worth while emailing to find out more or for clarification.

optout

@Ron
sorry but I may be wrong about its applicability in NI, as NI is not covered by the Equalities Act 2010. have a look here http://www.ecu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/external/anti-discrimination-law-in-ni.doc

But if on your travels you find out that you can apply in NI please let us know as I am sure there are many on this site from NI who would like to know. :thumbup:

@Charlie Harper
:thumbup:

lordadmiral

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 31-01-19, 03:30PM
I see they offer a no win no fee sign up (Yes, you can still sign up) but does anyone know the fee or percentage Leigh Day intend to charge each individual IF the case is won?

25% of ££££ . Witch will be reduced if more people join in.
Second part is that those who will not join will not receive compensation at all. Not even a penny. Its a no win no fee claim so nothing to lose. People who join claim and leave Tesco  will receive compensation as well but it would be smaller amount.

lordadmiral

Quote from: 1 on 31-01-19, 07:58PM
Quote from: londoner83 on 31-01-19, 06:42PM

Tesco made 1.5 billion profit and the payouts could potentially run into almost 10 billion.   (-*-)
Those billions are to be shared between all supermarkets.

fatboy

Just joined the claim. Worth a bash as it's no win no fee  :thumbup:

bazlindon

I`m sure if they win the case against Asda/Tesco/Morrisons then EVERYONE who worked for them would be entitled to the same compensation even if they haven't used Leigh Day Solicitors or this would be predujiced.
I think that all you would have to do is write a letter to your company asking for the difference in pay as awarded through the courts to anyone who was paid less than the warehouse staff.
If they didn't you would just sue them through the courts quoting the Claim awarded to other members of staff and then and claim your expenses in the court also.

Welshie

Sounds just like claiming back PPI  :D

Walker

It would make a difference because you could only claim money back for six years before you issue the claim. That said, personally, I would wait and see if the case is successful. You don't want to be on the hook for lawyers fees.

adamlad

Quote from: Walker on 01-02-19, 01:30PM
It would make a difference because you could only claim money back for six years before you issue the claim. That said, personally, I would wait and see if the case is successful. You don't want to be on the hook for lawyers fees.

I thought the same as you but was told tesco arent going to give anyone who qualifies money unless they are sued. This would mean paying all the current staff a payout and anyone else who has worked anything in the last 6 years

The law for employment is different to PPI. Assuming Leigh D wins you would still need to go to a tribunal to get a payment from tesco admittedly your costs would be cheaper as the tribunal has follow the decision of the higher courts and you would not have to prove anything. 

adamlad

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 31-01-19, 08:45PM
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Equal-pay-claims/Tesco-equal-pay-claim

Slight contradiction in the wording as on this page (link above) it says 'You can also bring a claim if you have left Tesco within the last 6 months'. It then goes on... 'If you left Tesco more than 6 months ago, please contact a member of our team who will discuss how you may be affected.'

As output says, it may be worth while emailing to find out more or for clarification.

This is to do with how you left tesco for example if you were made redundant and had a payout tesco can claim that you payment was in full and final settlement. An ordinary resignation is no problem but would be different say if you were paid off with any kind of goodwill payment

Vanilla

This might have already been covered but where are the Unions in all of this?
Surely they, the Unions, should have been fighting the cause of its members before it ever got to this stage?
Big winners from successful claim will be Leigh Day but at least they are fighting the cause.

Carparkpothole

I wonder if the poorly paid dc's can claim as well?
There's no argument there is a case for equal pay, we may fill the mass of vacancies easier.

Carparkpothole

If this does go through then there would be nothing to stop Tesco from sending store staff to dc's and vice versa.

bazlindon

So , if this goes through, will DC hourly wage be cut to match our wages or will we get a pay rise to match DC wages ?

Carparkpothole

Most likely a pay freeze for the foreseeable future for all staff, though cutting dc wages wouldn't surprise me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk