News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Asked to move stores

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Hi quite a few members of staff have been asked to goto other stores. Some have been asked to do nights and some days. We don't mind moving to help out. What is the process? We don't want to agree to something then find few months down the line we are stuck in that store as it looks like we have agreed to something. Do we all need to sign something? Any advice will be great

NightAndDay

Your contract will stipulate your base location, a new contract needs to be drawn up if they want you to permanently move to another store, which they can only do with your say so or if the store is closing down and they need to redeploy you, though there's a consultation process for that scenario as it's part of the redundancy/redeployment process.

Vinny1985

Thank you. That is a great help. 

whatajoke2019

I don't have a copy of my contract to hand but the last time I had one it does say that from time to time you may be asked to work in other stores (words to that effect).

Vinny1985

I think a few staff members are worried about being moved onto tills. With reports of covid now hitting stores and a lot of till workers they don't feel safe moving onto that department

gomezz

I don't think mixing staff from different stores in different localities is the brightest idea at the moment.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Vinny1985

That's a good point. I think it's because tesco are not hiring. Or so we are told.  So some stores are over on hours some are short. So moving people around.

Solway

Ok, not asked to move stores but asked to be duty manager for 6 hours each day. I am a team support and paid as a team support, not a duty manager but asked to carry out duty manager tasks. We have duty managers from other stores during the day but they won’t work past 6pm, so team support have to do the role from 6pm until 11pm. Why can’t the signed off managers just stay until 11pm. And should team
support receive extra pay for this task

Redshoes

No idea what the circumstances in your store are that are putting you in a position like this so it's difficult to comment. Yes, there is a deputy pay you should be getting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk