News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:04AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 445
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 421
Total: 427

Tills

Started by Nomad, 06-12-20, 10:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9018369/Tesco-trialling-new-self-service-checkouts-customers-using-trollies.html

QuoteTesco is trialling new self-service checkouts for customers using trollies for their shopping in a bid to provide more room at the tills.

The new-style checkouts offer more space for customers with a big grocery shop to fit their trollies in the aisle.

The idea is currently being tested at the supermarket giant's store in Braintree in Essex.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Katarn2000

gomezz

How are they different to what we have already had for the past few years?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Siwel123

More space for trolleys and large shops, so that people with big shops can still use themselves. I don't know why they wouldn't just use scan as you shop if they wanted to do a big shop

whatajoke2019

Our store doesn't have Scan as You Shop, unsure as to why because it's one thing we're asked for a lot.

Mind you, it'd just make the resident shoplifters' lives even easier!  :D

Nomad

Tesco double-charges shoppers due to 'technical error'

QuoteThe supermarket's promised to automatically refund customers within a day, though if you have been charged twice it may take a few days for your bank or card provider to actually return the money. If you shop in-store at Tesco, check your account to see if you've been double-charged â€" particularly as the supermarket hasn't yet been able to confirm it's fixed the problem.

If you're double-charged and find you're hit by bank fees as a result â€" for example, because you've gone into an unarranged overdraft â€" Tesco says it'll consider refund requests on a case-by-case basis.

QuoteUpdate Wednesday 17 February: Since publishing this story we've been emailed by more than 100 readers who say they too have been affected. Some report being triple-charged, while others say they've spotted signs in-store warning of the problems. Tesco has yet to confirm if the issue has been fixed.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Redshoes

Message sent out to stores yesterday to say this issue has now been resolved.

Nomad

Proof of the pudding is in the eating  :-\
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-customers-say-been-double-23524275

QuoteBank statements suggest the grocer's "technical failure" on payments this week may not be an isolated incident - with some double charges dating back to September 2020

SEPTEMBER ffs.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

easy solution. use cash or don't shop there!!

Nomad

February 2021 (Sep 2020)

Quote from: Nomad on 19-02-21, 09:49PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-customers-say-been-double-23524275

QuoteBank statements suggest the grocer's "technical failure" on payments this week may not be an isolated incident - with some double charges dating back to September 2020

SEPTEMBER ffs.

May 2021

Tesco charge mum three times for £200 shopping leaving her short for family holiday
A family missed out on a camping trip after being left with not enough money when Tesco charged a mum for her shopping three times by mistake.

The woman didn't have enough cash left to buy the tent they needed following the supermarket giant's error.

She noticed the store's blunder when she went to withdraw money from a cash machine the next day.

QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: "It is extremely rare for a customer to be charged more than once for the same transaction and we have processes in place to automatically reverse any duplicate charges.

"We are sorry for any inconvenience this customer has experienced and would encourage them to contact our customer services team so we can investigate and help them"

Extremely rare, who they trying to kid  :(
inconvenience, it's a bit more than an inconvenience  >:(

I hope they push a claim for serious compensation, particularly considering how long its been going on.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

biggguy

Asda been using big till for ages so big t behind as usual

Rad

Never, ever heard this happening for a non contactless transaction.  This sounds like a different problem altogether.

Nomad

Monzo users double charged at Tesco after technical error - but you can reverse the transaction

QuoteMonzo has confirmed it is aware of a problem affecting a very small number of Tesco transactions. It believes the issue is with the payment system Tesco uses, although it's unclear how many users are impacted or if it's a problem at every Tesco store. It is also unclear what's caused the issue or when it will be resolved.

Is there no end to this 'double charging' fiasco  :o

I wonder how many people have not noticed  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

newguy20

Are they actually being double charged or are they purely seeing two transactions on their bank app?

It happens so often with contactless cards or people using mobile phone apps, they touch their card and it prompts for PIN insertation or otherwise doesn't go through, most don't listen and touch another couple of times before inserting their card and it approving, then they show a picture of their phone showing three apparent transactions going through and claim this is gospel.

I know they like to claim that paying by card is 'quicker' but with all the faffing around it ends up being a lot slower, with cash there's no argument about whether they have paid or not, they hand the money, change and receipt, next please.

oldfashionedplayer

I dunno about others but I've had it a few tines for about ~£8 makes the noise says accepted then says failed transaction try again... If you do by the contact less again it'll charge again, won't go through until its a pin entry....  Usually takes 3 to 7 days for it to transfer back from experience, though thankfully been atleast 2 years since its happened for me... Bank can't spred it up either, thry just say its in limbo and takes time.

Nomad

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/tesco-contactless-customers-angry-error-5522397

QuoteOne shopper said they had been charged twice for a significant amount which made them go overdrawn.

Customers have been told they may not be able to be refunded straight away, leading to further anger.

One shopper tweeted: "'I'd avoid paying in Tesco by contactless. I've been charged 3 times for the same transaction in the cafe.

"I can't get my money back until Monday at least because it's the weekend. Massive pain. Apparently it's just contactless, card payments with pin are still fine!"
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Redshoes

Once a transaction has been cleared off a till, as in payment made, it's gone. The tills physically can't take payment again. Sometimes there is what is called a Ghost Transaction. In this case a payment is in transit, it has come out of the customers bank but it has not arrived with us. How quick this is sorted is partly dependant on the customers bank. There is a set procedure for this. I would not go so far as to say it's rare but it's not common. There is nothing we can do in store other than ring the phone number that is on the brief. We ring this number and then we have to hand the phone to the customer, we can't speak on behalf of them. We can also give this phone number to the customer to take away.
This is not an issue that affects us only. With the volume of transaction that are processed the glitches are small. Contactless is capped at 45.00, so I don't think this reported situation can be related to contactless.

Nomad

Still should not happen in any shape or form.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

simple solution. pay by cash!!!!

Nomad

Even simpler, don't buy from Tesco.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Batmanjo

Quote from: Redshoes on 13-06-21, 09:07AM
Once a transaction has been cleared off a till, as in payment made, it's gone. The tills physically can't take payment again. Sometimes there is what is called a Ghost Transaction. In this case a payment is in transit, it has come out of the customers bank but it has not arrived with us. How quick this is sorted is partly dependant on the customers bank. There is a set procedure for this. I would not go so far as to say it's rare but it's not common. There is nothing we can do in store other than ring the phone number that is on the brief. We ring this number and then we have to hand the phone to the customer, we can't speak on behalf of them. We can also give this phone number to the customer to take away.
This is not an issue that affects us only. With the volume of transaction that are processed the glitches are small. Contactless is capped at 45.00, so I don't think this reported situation can be related to contactless.

Partly correct yes, there is a ghost transaction and to correct you it is quite common and has been going on for years and this can ghost 2,3,4 times on a card in one transaction and then goes into limbo but it also effects the persons account as they are minus whatever is in limbo until it is corrected, but there is also the major problem that has been reported in the media and the customer gets debited twice which goes back as far as last September and just to correct you again this happens with contactless and with PIN and it charges the customer twice Tesco have tried to correct this ERROR.

Redshoes

From my own experience it's not common, we have had two in the last year. I would say that does not come under either common or rare. It's low when matched to volume of transactions. My point with contactless was that it's capped at 45.00.

Nomad

Low for the company perhaps, but could be an absolute unmitigated disaster for the customer with low funds that it happens to.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

Quote from: Nomad on 15-06-21, 09:10AM
Even simpler, don't buy from Tesco.
:thumbup: >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk