News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:29PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 307
Total: 311

Sell by/Best before

Started by Nomad, 15-03-10, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete690

I don't think anyone's asking you specifically to take time out of your busy schedule to investigate such a matter, Spooner.

It's one reason I posted it in this particular section of the forum.

rupert7

I for one will no longer be shopping at any Tesco store for food , its standard has gone down big time, brought some parsnips for a sunday roast only to find them all with slime on them and gone off fruit and veg just as bad and service just down right bad. >:D

Mark calloway

Too much paranoia about best before dates. I mean 2 weeks on malteasers?? It's best before not use by. There will be nothing wrong with them. You are not telling me that if it says best before 1/1/2019 that it goes of 1 Mon past midnight. Pfft

JL

What about the bread that’s mouldy when not even reached the sell by/best before date.

Mark calloway

That's not good,saying that I get boxes of cheese like that,I stick them straight in wastage. I think it's called stilton

JL

I found it too regular when I would do my shop after work. Now even branded items are cheaper elsewhere. The storage warehouse must be in poor condition.

Nomad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-54338875

QuoteTesco has been fined £168,000 after being caught selling yoghurt more than 15 days out of date.
Trading standards officers found more than 40 out-of-date products for sale during an inspection at a Tesco store in Bracknell, Berkshire, in 2017.
Bracknell Forest Council said selling food 15 days past its use-by date was "completely unacceptable" and the fine reflected its seriousness.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lordadmiral

Hmmmm i remember the day when guy i worked with in tesco longton,  found soups being 5 years OOC. The fine for that would be in millions hehe.

dotnochance

they should visit my store, would bankrupt the company

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nomad on 30-09-20, 10:44AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-54338875

QuoteTesco has been fined £168,000 after being caught selling yoghurt more than 15 days out of date.
Trading standards officers found more than 40 out-of-date products for sale during an inspection at a Tesco store in Bracknell, Berkshire, in 2017.
Bracknell Forest Council said selling food 15 days past its use-by date was "completely unacceptable" and the fine reflected its seriousness.

Should be proportional, £168k is pennies to Tesco but could bankrupt your local cornershop,  I personally would have liked to see a couple of 0s added to the end of that.

Teddybonkers

Crappy pay, understaffed stores, low morale, flexi contracts & everything done on an absolute shoestring.  Doesn't matter how many times they're fined, that's the business model.

NightAndDay

I can already save the business millions by diverting 10% of their legal budget into floor level staff, more boots on the floor means things like this wouldn't happen.

grim up north

It's the reason I always check the date, especially on fresh goods. What a state to be in where staff throw stock onto the shelves without date rotation because of time pressures

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lordadmiral

But they sell those new potatoes in plastic bags :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk