News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:08PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 277
Total: 280

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stockman

Hi everyone, not been on here for a while so sorry if this has been discussed in a lot of detail already! I lost my food stock manager role last year and have looked after different roles since but have never been appointed into a new role as no vacancies in store. Anyone in the same boat or heard anything lately?

Mildew

Loads of us. Plus more and more roles, like I said 5 in our store with no roles. Farce.

beentheredoneit

Our 2 displaced seniors have found new roles - just leaves me (stock) and the services manager to go.
Neither of us are willing to take an alternative position, and just want to go, but not without some sort of recompense for our many years of loyal service.
Vague hope the new guy will sort this farce out.
ever hoping (or just clutching at straws ....)
beentheredoneit

Redshoes

Some communication will come down as there are people still in the job. If a role has been removed in store it will just go to remaining manager.
For example, a store that has a PFS, services and checkout manager will have the communication go to named managers. Where the roles have all been combined they will go to the new checkouts and services manager once roles are clicked on comms. A while back they removed two newsletters and combined them all into one. They was a cash office, CSD and checkout newsletter but it's all now just front end but it goes to the individual manager or combined, depending on store set up.

beentheredoneit

Interesting that JS are offering redundancy to their displaced colleagues, whereas T aren't.
Just saying ..........
beentheredoneit

cupraman

By the power of the work and pay search facility within the directory there are still 81 stock team mangers in the company. Not sure if this all or just those on work and pay but nonetheless, it more than I expected. I wonder how many are on the list that are staying in the role, as throughout my consultations I was told that due the role staying in some stores, it is not a redundancy situation. Burying the head in the sand has worked for Tesco in my case as, I leave next week to go into another career.

[admin]Good luck in your future career.[/admin]

lackofinterest

congrats :). nice move. i doubt you'll regret it :)

Me2015

Is that opposed to Stock & Admin Manager??

That’s way more that I would have thought to be honest, I know there are a good few that are adamant about not taking another role however that number may suggest an admin error with coding rather than actual FS Managers still in situ

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: cupraman on 03-12-20, 09:58AM
By the power of the work and pay search facility within the directory there are still 81 stock team mangers in the company. Not sure if this all or just those on work and pay but nonetheless, it more than I expected. I wonder how many are on the list that are staying in the role, as throughout my consultations I was told that due the role staying in some stores, it is not a redundancy situation. Burying the head in the sand has worked for Tesco in my case as, I leave next week to go into another career.

Good luck in your future career.

Good luck, and well done for moving on.

Perhaps when Tesco have the £10BN in the Bank from the Asia Operation sale, they will be able to pay redundancy?

Mildew

81 doesn’t surprise me at all, in fact I thought there would be a few more with a bit of gumption.

beentheredoneit

I am on work and pay as stock manager, but am not doing that job - all staff have been transferred to stock / admin manager. Hurrah! no accountable staff
beentheredoneit

beentheredoneit

well i have now officially got no job. on paper still stock manager, but now only doing duty shifts - no other accountability or responsibility, but still mildly optimistic 'they' will do something soon. until then being paid £32k for doing not alot. getting rather boring now. surely someone can sort this - tried everyone at the top with no response ah well.
beentheredoneit

NightAndDay

Is £32k the most a Team Manager can earn or can it go higher? In any case I'd milk it for as long as you can, if you're being paid that much to do not a lot, that's on the senior team, not you.

Wirey2020

Be careful, by doing another job and if you do it long enough it could be looked at as assumption of new responsibilities on your part. As far as I’m aware the union stated that you are to remain in the role until an acceptable permanent alternative gets agreed.

beentheredoneit

good point, but the role i am doing does not exist in the real world.
i have it in writing my stock manager position.
beentheredoneit

NightAndDay

Role packs exist containing the RACIs of Food Stock Managers, if the role ceases to exist, then the redundancy process and restructuring has to be carried out in order to formally relinquish the role, if as is happening here Tesco has got rid of the role but hasn't carried out the transitionary, consulting and redundancy process, the role legally still exists (as current employees have not been made redundant from the role) and therefore the assumption of new responsibilities can't be made while the job title is still held.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 07-01-21, 08:14PM
well i have now officially got no job. on paper still stock manager, but now only doing duty shifts - no other accountability or responsibility, but still mildly optimistic 'they' will do something soon. until then being paid £32k for doing not alot. getting rather boring now. surely someone can sort this - tried everyone at the top with no response ah well.

I am interested how you have arrived at the situation of not having a role. Who's choice was this?
I am a food stock manager, still in the role, still being measured in the role, and still very much continuing as per normal ( if thats what we can call it).

My store manager has not hinted at any changes, and she still expects the same output as before the changed happened.
I am clear that any potential changes will be kept from me, so I understand its business as usual.
However to have a manager with no job sounds worrying to me, and I hope your decision has not been influenced by another party, who had told you this would be the best course of action to take, only for it to backfire on you.

beentheredoneit

But the role that used to be done by the stock manager is now the job of the stock  admin manager. My manager and I agreed that it was only right this person should have full accountability, so I agreed to 'support' twilights. I am now not needed to do this, so am just doing duties. I am confident it will not backfire - only time will tell ....
beentheredoneit

Srgd2170

This latest announcement means they want to call all managers “Team managers” with no specific department. Sounds like a sneaky way of trying to get round the redundancy situation.

emma070706

they have no intention of making anyone redundant

Longinthetooth

Quote from: Srgd2170 on 01-03-21, 01:45PM
This latest announcement means they want to call all managers “Team managers” with no specific department. Sounds like a sneaky way of trying to get round the redundancy situation.

To be clear, today’s brief states that the ideal (store by store) management structure explicitly does not involve redundancy, nor will it be an option.
As others have observed, that ship has long since sailed.

NightAndDay

There will never be redundancies officially for shop floor workers, even if it is a redundancy situation by law, the name of Tescos game is saving money, redundancies are an expensive aspect of businesses, if they can slither their way around not paying it with or without scruples, they will, you've all got to start looking past the soft structure change claims and observe meticulously, in this case, if it looks like a redundancy and smells like a redundancy, it's a redundancy.

Me2015

Legally they can't just say oh we are making you redundant without first going through the process of consultation with numerous suitable alternative role offers to give the individual the chance of staying employed, that's the law they have to be seen to be protecting the individual not the role so this soft structure pish will get used as they move people into roles they either want as they are happy to move, or those who don't want as they have no desire to do a new role will continue as is.  This stock manager role malarkey has been going on for some time now, from the WK12 routines change to the unofficial soft structure changes!

Hang on in there, don't give up and never give in!

beentheredoneit

Two years on, has the new structure change made anyone think differently.
my sm want me to accept new role and look after a small dept until i leave.
our team manager goes from 7 to 4 (small ss). as there are 8 tms ( 2 of us already stuck) it is obviously gonna be some time before shift leaders start.
so gonna stay a stuck stock manager - got quite used to it now. so only time will tell what will happen .
beentheredoneit

Me2015

As long as you don't official accept and sign new contract there is nothing they can do bar the status quo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk