News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 05:35PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Wage deductions

Started by radaghastly, 11-01-23, 01:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Quote from: Nomad on 20-01-23, 09:23AM
Quote from: chris9997 on 20-01-23, 09:06AMYes lateness is paid as it is illegal not to pay , however tesco get around this by coding as paid leave so anyone see 15 minutes paid leave come up on wage slip this is coming off holiday.(for work and pay stores.)

Late for work ! lose holiday pay/allowance  :o  not sure that's legit  :question:

It's not Nomad and never has been. Anyone being deducted monies OR leave for being late should raise the issue asap as it's a clear breach of contract.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Sherwoodforest

@loki isnt being late a breach of contract?
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Nomad

There are so many actions MM don't do either correctly or fully that is a breach of their contract that I can't begin to list them.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Loki

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-01-23, 10:51AM@loki isnt being late a breach of contract?

There are occasions of lateness that are out of an employee's control IE transport delays. The policy clearly acknowledges that there may be mitigating circumstances that causes one to arrive at work late. However, persistent lateness could become an issue of misconduct.

So no, lateness is not automatically a breach of contract whereas to unilaterally deduct one's wages for being late is.

When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Truthtalker

More likely late clocking. Your manager shouldn't be deducting money. They should find out why the person was late and follow the lateness process
It's never as bad as you think

Tesc0Wow

Does anyone know how they receive their payslip after they leave? I've recently left the company and have just noticed my pay is significantly less than it was the previous few months, despite me working full time so only do max 1-2hrs overtime a week. Just a bit confused. Also how would I go about raising a pay query after I've left the company? I left after the pay cutoff (in the last week).

5fdp

If you gave left recently there is a good chance that you have used all your holidays and have had some money taken off you for holidays not earned in this last month.
There is such a new thing called a telephone , which put simply you can talk to your old mgr.

oldfashionedplayer

Said problem with that is getting the manager to look into it.. ideally go in to sort it, request that by law your entitled to it on payday, and ideally a day before and as such you want a copy of your payslip, they should be sent out I believe by paper but i know they take longer.. so better to go in and make sure, if not make them squirm and challenge on it !

Elly1519

Quote from: Tesc0Wow on 03-03-23, 02:02AMDoes anyone know how they receive their payslip after they leave? I've recently left the company and have just noticed my pay is significantly less than it was the previous few months, despite me working full time so only do max 1-2hrs overtime a week. Just a bit confused. Also how would I go about raising a pay query after I've left the company? I left after the pay cutoff (in the last week).

Leavers are locked out of the system on their final day. Payslips and p45s are sent out from Head Office to the address on file. Unfortunately they takes about a week to arrive now.

superbees

Hi currently on ssp 109 pw as on long term sick since may always get £437 in my pay every 4 weeks but this month i got my £437 but i have deducted £164.10 leaving me £257 to live on the deduction says sick pay leave retro -£164.10  has anyone has any idea what this deduction is from my statutory sick pay?.
thanks

Dundonald

i am currently on long term sick,this is week 5,i am going to be off approx 12 weeks,because i had a knee replacement operation,i work full time nightshift,i have been off for a week or two previously over the last few years,i joined tesco in may 2002.on this weeks payslip,my wages were approx £370 down on normal,i expected my wages to be down approx £200 because i wasn't expecting to paid be my nightshift premiums,i was told by my manager,i should get 12 weeks full sick pay,does anyone have any ideas,why i have recieved such a large reduction in my pay?i have tried to check payslipview also our tesco,to try and view my current payslip,but i keep getting knocked back,because it keeps asking for a activation code.any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

oldfashionedplayer

I'd be contacting the store, you've been employed before 2004 so you should get day 1 pay but given its a knee operation it should of been paid from the start anyhow I believe? And with your length of service you should always have a minimum of 6 weeks of company sick pay each year on your anniversary date.

From 2002 you'd get get 1 week sick pay each year up to a maximum of 16 I believe? And if you used like 2 weeks that year being off, you'd have 14 and then on anniversary date it'd go to 15, if you used all 16 for example or like 14 then the next year you'd go back to 6 again and then if not off that year it'd be 7 the next etc...

But definitely something to be complaining about with the store, the authentication thing means that you most likely haven't been set up instore with the MPC of a mobile validation code either, so they need to set you up logging in there and adding mobile number and then you get a code for each time you log in / forget password. (all are supposed to already have this so raise that too)

But yeah definitely need to raise it cause from the sound of it, you shouldn't have any missing.

Elly1519

Dundonald

Payslipview no longer exists (it did need an activation code). You need to check your payslips via the MyTesco app or Work&Pay.

There is a way for management to see how much sickness entitlement a colleague has but the link used automatically defaults to 31 March next year. I know 31 March is the end of the holiday year not sickness entitlement year but that's just how it is. In order to get a true figure your manager should have changed the default date to the first date of your sickness absence on this occasion.

You should still get your night premiums but it will show on your pay slip in with your sick pay, not as a separate payment.

Morris999

If you don't get night premiums while off sick then £370 sounds about right to be honest.

2.21 x 6= £13.26 + £2.21 bonus for working all night = £15.47
£15.47 x 5 = £77.35 per week
£77.35 x 4 = £309.40 for 4 weeks
£309.40 + £77.35 retro = £386.75 for 5 weeks off sick.
Retro will be the 1st week off sick that would have fell in previous pay period as it would have been too late to code as sick, so company will take it back this pay period as retro payment!

£386.75 minus any tax etc or any breaks that may fall on system between 00.00-06.00.

Elly1519

Morris999

Night premium is £2.30 per hour.

ImBackBaby

Quote from: Elly1519 on 10-12-23, 09:07AMDundonald

Payslipview no longer exists (it did need an activation code). You need to check your payslips via the MyTesco app or Work&Pay.
Payslip view is still avail to depot colleagues as they have not transferred to work & pay, I know this because I am using payslip view to get mine atm. Anyone who has moved to work and pay were advised to download all relevant payslips and p60's before there accounts were closed and you started to get your payslips via work and pay.

Elly1519

ImBackBaby

Thanks, I did not know that depot colleagues haven't transferred to W&P.

fatlad

Regarding the 3 minute clocking in/out rule. Has this changed?
Our SM is telling us its still OK to clock in 3 mins early but we must wait until bang on our finish time to clock out, is this the case? Is there a written policy regarding this?

BritishRacingGreen

I've wondered this too fatlad. I wait religiously for dead on the hour to clock off, just to have others clock and go saying they're not gonna wait.

gomezz

I would expect a change like this to be easily found in the recent news section of My Tesco with a link to the relevant section of the terms and conditions.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

oldfashionedplayer

I tried looking for the information but can't currently find it, I know I saw posts back when yammer was around with it being 10 minutes either sideuntil it generated an exception, so if you clicked in at 8:50, it was only after 9:10 that it would generate an exception... Its just they want the 3 minute thing as working hours thing says  clock in when you are ready to work, not beforehand, whereas before people would arrive half an hour before shift and clock in, know we did for years without issues.

You've also got the leigh way of washing hands and such for 2 minutes, heading to colleague area all the way there counts as still on shop floor, if you've got anything to put back such as pda's or signing stuff in /out that needs to also be done before you clock out... So make use of your time..

Clock in 3 minutes early, clock out 3 minutes early, if they pull you, say you want your pay for every minute your entitled to if you are to start when you clock in  :D

ExSMfloor

Quote from: Jake of all on 22-01-23, 07:42PMRetro means from a previous pay period. It is nothing to do with being late, which is a paid absence.
Correct. While it may be to do with an absence, the fact that everyone impacted is a retro deduction it's extremely unlikely

ExSMfloor

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 22-01-24, 06:02AMI tried looking for the information but can't currently find it, I know I saw posts back when yammer was around with it being 10 minutes either sideuntil it generated an exception, so if you clicked in at 8:50, it was only after 9:10 that it would generate an exception... Its just they want the 3 minute thing as working hours thing says  clock in when you are ready to work, not beforehand, whereas before people would arrive half an hour before shift and clock in, know we did for years without issues.

You've also got the leigh way of washing hands and such for 2 minutes, heading to colleague area all the way there counts as still on shop floor, if you've got anything to put back such as pda's or signing stuff in /out that needs to also be done before you clock out... So make use of your time..

Clock in 3 minutes early, clock out 3 minutes early, if they pull you, say you want your pay for every minute your entitled to if you are to start when you clock in  :D
There is no 'leeway' in policy anywhere - it's just widely accepted by the system

Kezza77

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. My daughter has just received a payslip that has £600 deducted due to retro -69 hours of holiday pay? She thinks these are holidays throughout 2023. It has left her with £300 for the month, after working 45hrs overtime plus her contracted hours. This seems a lot to take out of one pay slip, even if it was an overpayment.

SpaceMonkey123

Quote from: Kezza77 on 06-02-24, 08:11PMI don't know if I'm posting in the right place. My daughter has just received a payslip that has £600 deducted due to retro -69 hours of holiday pay? She thinks these are holidays throughout 2023. It has left her with £300 for the month, after working 45hrs overtime plus her contracted hours. This seems a lot to take out of one pay slip, even if it was an overpayment.
Has she changed her hours recently? Normally holiday deductions are when colleagues take more holidays than they are entitled too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk