Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 12:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,417
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 480
Total: 485

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackberry

Regarding length of service, an affected manager told me that it has come down that it cannot be used as criteria in a tie break on age discrimination grounds, in the event of a tie break it will be an interview, presumably with sm/group pm that determines who gets the role.

I have no insider knowledge, just what this manager told me

Redshoes

I was told this too, off the record, and I agree with it.
Managing holidays has been mentioned. Colleague reviews has been mentioned. A lot of things have been mentioned but nothing yet confirmed.
I can only assume talks are still ongoing with the union.

Ashbeck

Also heard from someone reliable and well placed to know that length of service won't be used.

Morris999

Afew things regarding exceptions.
First if a colleague works overtime on another department and isn't put on frog or shows up as an exception then it should be coded to the department worked manager not the manager they actually report to by the wages/admin colleague.
Secondly exceptions are worked out by % not by the physical number to make it fair and consistent.
This has been tracked by the wages/admin colleague for nearly a year and the SM has to sign it off every week.
As an example the frontend manager in my store has the highest headcount and just the highest physical amount of exceptions on a weekly basis, they just come in in most weeks with the lowest % out of all managers!

Ashbeck

Our exceptions are scribbled on a piece of paper where the wage clerk sits. She doesn't fill it in half the time and sometimes go weeks without recording anything at all. It's definitely not been tracked that closely that it could be fairly used in any kind of scoring.

Towers45

Very quiet today, anyone got an idea on the criteria yet?

NorthbyNorthwest

Not yet, but from what I've been told, whomever is selected will find out in early March.

Redshoes

I'm told that we will find out criteria and who has got jobs or not in about four weeks.

londoner83

Been told the same. Tesco and Usdaw are still in consultation around the criteria to score management.

Ashbeck

The summary of the first collective consultation meeting is now available on colleague help. They give a brief proposal of the selection criteria.
- 20/21 21/22 performance
- Live warnings (disciplinary and absence)
- Key accountabilities/skills required for the role to be scored by the manager overseeing. 2 for what and 2 for how. Proposed are contribution to EVM and The Big 6/supporting measures.

Then a tie break but it doesn't say what this is proposed to be.   

lucgeo

8-) maybe those affected who want redundancy, could possibly squeeze in a cheeky misdemeanour to warrant a disciplinary  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

markwinters

so your EVM " score will count- shame its just closed!

Davethebave

The problems with that suggested criteria:

The performance period was during covid/ tail end of it. People would have shielded etc so those managers shielding, do they get a by ball
because how was their performance correctly measured? Anyone that was here was all over the place due to the unknown, customer demands changing rapidly etc

Live warnings is fair enough

EVM not really a black and white score. Anyone from any dep can say they work anywhere etc nothing to stop a GA putting in 10 bad comments towards a manager.

Supporting measures for big 6, some have more than others, how do seperate that down to be fair and objective?

They should find out who wants to stay, anyone who wants to step down now and go from there.

Ashbeck

Agreed, EVM wouldn't be straight forward. Too many potential issues with it being anonymous and as it's optional anyway a lot of colleagues won't have completed it. It would be unfair to use something that people fill in negatively because of things outside of their managers influence.

There was further information in the consultation about how reviews would work for those who didn't have one for various reasons. I only skim read that part though so can't remember what it said. It's worth reading the full document. The relevant parts anyway - there's a lot about pharmacy, post office and nights in convenience too so it's not all relevant to many of the managers impacted by the changes.

Sherwoodforest

I get what your saying on evm,but on the flipside,im sure if a whole dept is saying their manager is wonderful etc,and scores high thats a plus for their management
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

markwinters

Role packs been pulled... new job descriptions on way. How is this not classed as major change. Just offer everyone the redundancy. Some will go some will stay- nowt so quer as folk.

Seymee

Using EVM is wrong, for a start anyone with a grudge from another dept could have left 20 negative ratings for said manager so the basis of it being accurate is slim.

londoner83

Don't see how they can use EVM.

If you were scored down on it you would simply have to ask for proof it was your team commenting about you. As its anonymous this simply can't be proved.

Night Owl

I think some are interpretating this the wrong way, my guess is it would be, what have you as a manager done to improve your stores EVM. Do you have a EVM plan, that you keep alive? Do you actively partake in fun at work activities? How can you evidence this to your SM?
Like wise with the Big 6. What have you done as a Team Manager to deliver your stores Big 6. Do you have a plan inplace to turn any red lights green. Are measures relevant to your role Green.
Be a big ask in our store, currently sat on a full Red Big 6. Can't remember the last time I had an action plan for anything.
Past 3 years not had an end of year review, just told l was a "Met" without any documentation, no objectives set for the past 4 years either.

lackofinterest

bottom line is nobody gives a toss anymore. managers included. don't blame em though :-X

Doggiedoodle

Quote from: lackofinterest on 11-02-23, 08:08PMbottom line is nobody gives a toss anymore. managers included. don't blame em though :-X
:thumbup:

whatajoke2019

No, nor can I.

The big T just prove more and more often you can jump through hoops, they'll find a way to screw you over in the end and that the forecast profits aren't enough and they just want more  :thumbdown:

Dubstep1

EVM.
Which department do you work on?
Answer , prefer not to say.
So yes your dept EVM might look good but it is meaningless if you accept that the colleagues that are most critical are likely to have selected prefer not to say..

NorthbyNorthwest

Or with EVM, what dept do you work on, oh I'm so consumed with slating my manager I actually put in the wrong one! Has happened to me in this latest EVM where a colleague told me he was unhappy with his manager and then apologised as he realised after saying where he worked put in one of my depts. I'm not overly convinced that EVM can/would be used, but if it is ( and I'm interested in moving on ) his comments may help me!

Ashbeck

There's a few roles in my store where managers share the department. I'm not sure how EVM could be used for them. How do you say it's X and not Y responsible for the result? Their plans are usually joint plans too as they're for 1 department. Other departments aren't big enough to report a result so go in to other so how would they separate those results out to a specific manager?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk