News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 07:47AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 445
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 422
Total: 425

Bonus payments

Started by Dundonald, 12-01-24, 10:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

Agree with you, USDAW are a disgrace when it comes to Tesco. One cannot fault the reps in store most of them try there best and want to help  but go above that and its just a gravy train thanks to the one sided partnership that no other union would have accepted. Tesco must have thought Christmas had come early the year the partnership was agreed.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mickymouse1962

Why not ask for a vote on whether to keeitp

penguin

It was raised via store forum several times while I worked for Tesco, always thrown out and we were told the partnership is a long term deal and not up for debate.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Doggiedoodle

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 02-02-24, 02:49PMUSDAW = FAKE UNION  :thumbdown:  (Don't waste your money)
:thumbup:

Bananas1

Nn

Cinderella

Quote from: Dundonald on 12-01-24, 10:39PMLate last year our store manager,reportedly recieved a yearly bonus of 60k,we are a large extra with nightshift and dot com.All hourly paid staff recieved a £5 tesco gift card as a Christmas bonus in 2023,another local extra gave all their staff sweet F##K ALL for Christmas 2023.Did you guys do any better at Christmas?
We saw people coming in to our store with those gift cards, but myself and my colleagues received nothing.

redeo

Quote from: Dundonald on 12-01-24, 10:39PMLate last year our store manager,reportedly recieved a yearly bonus of 60k,we are a large extra with night shift and dot com.All hourly paid staff received a £5 tesco gift card as a Christmas bonus in 2023,another local extra gave all their staff sweet F##K ALL for Christmas 2023.Did you guys do any better at Christmas?
£5 gift card and one drink at the Christmas party. An a spread of food in the canteen everyday.

What I'm really upset off about is the management all going out for a fancy meal paid for out of the social fund.
The social fund is suppose to be events arrange for all staff, not for specific staff only that is my and a former union redp understanding, yet it regularly raided for manager only events, two leaving meals for managers were also paid for out of the social for which only managers were invited as well. Those three meals, rumored to be 500 quid each could have paid for a open bar at the christmas party, something everyone could attend.

Tesco an Union need to tighten up the rules around the social fund uses and enforce them.

redeo

Quote from: londoner83 on 14-01-24, 08:29AMWhen colleagues used to get cash bonuses, there used to be uproar that those on benefits never actually got to see any of the money as their benefits would be reduced due to the extra income....

It's a bit of a no win either way. Give products (people moan) give salary boost (people moan) do nothing (people moan).

Perhaps at the next pay review the money spent on Xmas staff bonuses can be negotiated away for better hourly pay.
Because Salary boost wasn't that much of a salary boost, the first and only bonus I got paid for a holiday to greece. The salary boost didn't come anywhere near matching that, mostly because they seem to ban overtime for months afterwards to make up the cost of the pay rise. 

A 1.50 box of biscuits doesn't match a 300 quid bonus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk