News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 11:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,344
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 162
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 147
Total: 150

Bank Holiday working

Started by MonkeyNinja, 02-06-21, 03:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brickinthewall

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 31-12-22, 11:18AMthere isn't bank holiday allowance anymore, it's hours now, so you'd just have to book it off as a holiday request to take it off and for your shift it would be used as 3.45 hours of holiday hours.
Thanks, I've actually booked my entire holiday allowance already...just forgot about this particular bank holiday, so I guess I just go in and work my shift. At least the shop will be quiet!

lucgeo

I would suggest you ring in and speak to duty? If the store shuts at 6 and there's no twighlight/ night team, then you won't be able to stay in store, whose going to let you out? What happened on the 27th? Was your store closed all day?

Surprised the manager hasn't discussed this with you long ago regarding changing your shift? I'm thinking they would have expected you to start earlier to do your full shift.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

brickinthewall

Quote from: lucgeo on 31-12-22, 01:29PMI would suggest you ring in and speak to duty? If the store shuts at 6 and there's no twighlight/ night team, then you won't be able to stay in store, whose going to let you out? What happened on the 27th? Was your store closed all day?

Surprised the manager hasn't discussed this with you long ago regarding changing your shift? I'm thinking they would have expected you to start earlier to do your full shift.
It's an Extra so there'll be staff about after closing hours. We only close all day on Christmas day. 27th I previously booked a holiday for. I have contracted hours so I wouldn't go in earlier. Yeah I guess I'll phone them up on Monday.

Redshoes

When store closes early it will depend on that store on what they do regarding contracted hours. In my store it's only checkouts, CSD and PFS that might have hours moved. For us, the shop floor mostly stay they same. If checkouts can't move hours they can work on shop floor.
The only time shop floor colleagues have hours amended are on the Eve's.  This year they were in two hours after store shut to customers. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk