News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Festive temps

Started by chris9997, 27-09-22, 11:52AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris9997

As the store is advertising on Tesco job site for temp night staff over Christmas , that surely means we are safe till after that at least.

StinkyPoo

My store is advertising for early morning festive colleagues, day festive colleagues and twilight/night festive colleagues. We kept last years night temps and they're still here :)

lucgeo

Quote from: chris9997 on 27-09-22, 11:52AMAs the store is advertising on Tesco job site for temp night staff over Christmas , that surely means we are safe till after that at least.

What happened to the Christmas lights untangler   :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

5fdp

Chris9997, if you were getting made redundant you would get 45 days notice. If it started today it would take you into November. If the shift all went the store would need to find a whole shift in November and train them.  Never going to make that mistake again like they did with non foods on nights. The next earliest redundancy period would be Feb 2023 and you would be gone in April. Did that in a couple of extras in the glasgow area this year and its been disaster trying to get a twilight fill.

londoner83

However the company has also learned from earlier restructuring leaks so it will be very much business as normal until a announcement is made. I've had vacancies approved and put online days before the jobs were deemed unnecessary by a restructure.

Having said that I'd say its unlikely the company would launch a mass restructure just before our golden quarter for the reasons stated in the post above.

Bobmay

Quote from: 5fdp on 27-09-22, 03:03PMChris9997, if you were getting made redundant you would get 45 days notice. If it started today it would take you into November. If the shift all went the store would need to find a whole shift in November and train them.  Never going to make that mistake again like they did with non foods on nights. The next earliest redundancy period would be Feb 2023 and you would be gone in April. Did that in a couple of extras in the glasgow area this year and its been disaster trying to get a twilight fill.

Were those stores extremly busy ones? And were you made redundant when it happened? As for twilight what hours was it and how many people were doing it? Did they bring new staff for it or keep some old staff? In my store we don't have any replacement for nights over 20 people left and not 1 was replaced.  In my store I work at the people on nights were given redundancy a few years ago and new staff came in around November before Christmas if they did remove it they can do it in October and by November have new staff if not than they can remove staff after Christmas

Bobmay

Quote from: londoner83 on 27-09-22, 05:08PMHowever the company has also learned from earlier restructuring leaks so it will be very much business as normal until a announcement is made. I've had vacancies approved and put online days before the jobs were deemed unnecessary by a restructure.

Having said that I'd say its unlikely the company would launch a mass restructure just before our golden quarter for the reasons stated in the post above.

They already did that in my store again around 2018. They made many people redundant and got new staff at the end of November this can happen but had to be announced in October the latest and by November they need to start the process of finding new staff by middle of November otherwise they will be in problems. So if they don't announce it in October near the beginning than nothing will happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk