News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 02:06PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,435
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 323
Total: 326

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasMonkey

Quote from: TheDD on 07-04-22, 03:37PM
Any one else here feel delivery drivers have been stitched up again? 2 years ago in some stores drivers were given a 1p pay rise, given that there was a pay rise, location pay was taken away. Now only a increase to £11 an hour when other company's are a lot more. I hear of most stores struggling to recruit/keep drivers due to the difficulty of the job and the pay. Any drivers here finding that stores are cancelling orders/routes to staff shortage? This was the time that they could put it right with the pay and match other competitors, I'm sure they could make every store run at full capacity if they increased the pay to £11.50... but once again driver's feeling angry towards the head office. Im sure for most other departments its a good rise however for drivers this is a massive disappointment.

Yea because Dotcom drivers are so hard done by. The only time they struggle is if there is a winter snow fall. And even the if it's significant the runs are cancelled. So they get paid extra for sitting on there arse all day 🤮

grim up north

I think it's a good thing that people will be multi skilled. Speaking from experience, it breaks up the monotony of certain tasks

SAMCRO

PI Batch 1 Legal labels going unchanged because PI "Tesco Colleague" sitting on checkout red call  :D :D :D

Pre 2005 staff need to have their contracts amended. Plenty of dead wood in the company on pre 2005 contracts regularly off sick with full pay from day 1, attending no checkout calls going unchallenged. Been living it up and having a free ride at Tesco for decades.

Checkout Superstar

I agree with that. Some departments in our store are like an old folks home with people who should have retired years ago holding out for redundancy which they will never get. The result is everyone else having to work harder while they do feck all

lackofinterest

Quote from: leedslad on 07-04-22, 12:02PM
New ways of working

The last few years have accelerated changes across the retail industry %u2013 customers now have more choice in how they shop, and colleagues tell us they want more opportunities to learn, develop and access new skills.

As we look to deliver on what customers and colleagues need from us, we want to equip colleagues with future-fit skills to help continue building long-term careers and enable them to increase earning potential if they choose, by accessing work when and where they want it.

The key changes we are putting in place to do this:

All colleagues will gain the skills to serve on a checkout or self-service, pick an online order and replenish the shelves, if applicable in their local store or CFC..
To reflect this new way of working, all B/C grade colleagues will move to a new job title of %u2018Tesco Colleague%u2019.
Colleagues will retain a primary department where they will work most of their contracted hours but will also be able to work across other departments if needed.
To empower our colleagues to access the work and flexibility they want, we will also be launching a new online platform later this year where colleagues will be able to view their schedules, access training and development, and sign up to extra hours if they wish. The new online platform will also allow more two-way communication, enabling all colleagues to stay up-to-date with the latest information and share their views more easily to help inform what we do as a business.
We will of course take into account individual health requirements or needs for any colleague who is not able to work flexibly between roles, to ensure a career at Tesco is accessible to all.

Following feedback from colleagues, we are also committing to always offering any vacant hours to colleagues working fewer than 16 hours a week, before recruiting externally. When we do recruit externally, all new contracts will be based on a minimum of 16 hours
ave an individual meeting with their Line Manager to discuss how we can support them with these changes, and will receive new contractual terms and conditions, which have been collectively agreed with USDAW. The new ways of working and new contractual terms will go live on 16 October 2022.
does this mean usdaw have agreed for everybody to be on flexi contracts???

toscozombie

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 07-04-22, 06:25PM
I agree with that. Some departments in our store are like an old folks home with people who should have retired years ago holding out for redundancy which they will never get. The result is everyone else having to work harder while they do feck all

I feel really annoyed  and offended at your statement that all pre 2005 have an easy ride . I'll have you know my wages were cut by so much when double time was cut that I will never regain what I earned until I retired . Yes I work Sundays but no one else would and then and still no one likes to work a Sunday now especially since the cut to the premium , the reason I took on Sundays when I started was because of the incentive of double time . I do not take time off, so I do not gain from the 1st day sick pay . I certainly work a lot harder than a lot of others in my store . Doing an aisle on my own that takes 2 other colleagues to do. I'm not lowering my self to put this down to what age they are either.  I have standards and I still follow these even if others don't so please do not put me in the category of and old folks home holding out for redundancy , and no one works harder because of me in fact it's the other way round in some cases .
Vintage worker

lackofinterest

well said mate  :thumbup:

King1999

It's normally the pre 2005 crew that are the turn to people in our store so less of the ageist,elitism not being very inclusive are we maybe you need to be going.

madness

Agreed the old schoolers just get on with it. its the new breed that are the worst.

grim up north

Divide and conquer right before our eyes

King1999

That's what they want isn't it ????

lackofinterest

to those who joined after 2005. tough s***!!! if you don't like it then leave!!!

whatajoke2019

I imagine a lot of "old schoolers" are the ones who have to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers when they are trying to find someone on the shop floor, and can't, because the rest of us are sat on a service call.

Part of me has to laugh in some ways... one minute they are saying those colleagues who are picking up BWS on days/twilights aren't to be used for service calls then they change the goal posts.

Although I'm not too surprised this was coming now we're under 'one uniform'.

Ahsda

Quote from: lackofinterest on 07-04-22, 07:20PM
to those who joined after 2005. tough s***!!! if you don't like it then leave!!!

I'm sure they'll say the same to the moaning pre 2005ers now that they have to help on checkouts   :D

Mickymouse1962

Pre 2005 don't have to do checkouts

overworkedexpresslad

so a MASSIVE thank you yet again to usdaw for screwing over EXPRESS TEAM LEADERS. 3 years ago i was at a meeting when it was bought up about team leader pay in express . they said they were looking in to as we have more responsibity  in express as main stores as we are expected to run the store when we the managers isn't around. we open close have aduits to do plus everything that happens day to day while in the big stores they have managers who run duty and get paid the SAME money for doing FAR LESS. usdaw you are SHAM and i feel very let down by you. also i dont want £1500 discount , i would rather they pay us a decent wage . i mean who on earth is going to spend £15000 in tesco when the prices are so high. just to get £1500 discount.

Mickymouse1962

Pree 2005 don't have to do checkouts and I have enough medical conditions to get out of dot com and shop floor work will just stay as I am no sundays no bank holidays just stay on my department and do what I allways do

Ahsda

Imagine being so entitled that you think you shouldn't have to work checkouts...while working in retail  ;D

century99

Quote from: grim up north on 07-04-22, 06:03PM
I think it's a good thing that people will be multi skilled. Speaking from experience, it breaks up the monotony of certain tasks

to be honest for me this is so true. I have been in store for about 7/8 months, trained on checkouts, self scan, SAYS, petrol, customer service desk and dot.com. I like doing different jobs and it also means I can get plenty of hours in. BUT there are staff who either are physically unable to do some jobs or simply won't be able to cope. I am middle aged and there are some older staff who like me do self scan etc etc, but there is a small number on checkouts who have been there for years and won't/can't do anything else. Mind you 2 I can think of are biding their time to retire in the next year or so. For me though this isn't a career I did over 20 years in office work and have a good pension sat waiting for me. So this is just a way to make some extra cash for holidays etc. I can't see how someone can make a long term career there anymore.

VladPutin

Quote from: Ahsda on 07-04-22, 09:39PM
Imagine being so entitled that you think you shouldn't have to work checkouts...while working in retail  ;D

Imagine thinking sitting on checkouts is, "work".  :D ;D

FarmerFred

Quote from: Ahsda on 07-04-22, 09:39PM
Imagine being so entitled as to work to the contract terms and conditions that you signed up for!

Personally I'll happily sit on a checkout... if someone else will answer the back door calls, or sweeps up the yard in the pouring rain!

Merchman

Why do so many people have an issue with those who joined before 2005. get over it.

BarryZola

Quote from: overworkedexpresslad on 07-04-22, 09:23PM
so a MASSIVE thank you yet again to usdaw for screwing over EXPRESS TEAM LEADERS. 3 years ago i was at a meeting when it was bought up about team leader pay in express . they said they were looking in to as we have more responsibity  in express as main stores as we are expected to run the store when we the managers isn't around. we open close have aduits to do plus everything that happens day to day while in the big stores they have managers who run duty and get paid the SAME money for doing FAR LESS. usdaw you are SHAM and i feel very let down by you. also i dont want £1500 discount , i would rather they pay us a decent wage . i mean who on earth is going to spend £15000 in tesco when the prices are so high. just to get £1500 discount.

Sounds like you need to get a better paid role in a larger store or move to a different company. Express team leader has always been an underpaid job for as long as I can remember. They know people will do it for a while in order to maybe get a job as manager many years into the future.

person7

So just got email off usdaw that basic pay will become £10.10 in July with a list of other promises.. Drivers to get even more of course dispite they do less work..

But anyway the important thing I noticed is... "All new joiners to Tesco will no longer receive the Sunday premium rate. Existing staff will continue to receive Sunday Premium."

Just above the all colleagues will enter a new contract in October.

Aka.. EVERYONE is probally going to loose Sunday premiums.. Only reason anyone I know of works Sundays is because of the premiums. I know I won't have an incentive to work overtime sundays anymore if they get rid of it for everyone.

Honestly even £10.10 hour isn't enough to "live" in this city I'm in. We are almost as expensive as London we should be on London rates!

Even rent alone has gone up 18% and council tax up 23% before you even look at electric!

While I'm glad we getting pay rise... Im not totally impressed

universe

• No requirement to provide extra flexibility/availability for existing staff?

This new line in the new October 22 contract, does it mean right hours right place is no more for existing staff then ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk