Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 11:02AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,355
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 271
Total: 274

How much do other supermarkets earn?

Started by eversor, 04-03-22, 06:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eversor

I know some supermarkets are on 10 an hour or over, but does anyone know how much each are getting paid now?

stockcontroller

Base hourly rates for most supermarkets:

ALDI - £10.57 an hour
LIDL - £10.10 an hour
Sainsburys - £10 an hour
Morrisons - £10 an hour
M&S - £10 an hour
ASDA - £9.66 an hour
Tesco - £9.55 an hour
Iceland £9 an hour

I imagine some of these will change with pay reviews to be announced over coming months.

eversor

brilliant, just what I was looking for!

Paupers wage

Well done Tesco's your winning the race to be the worst payer!
Only 5 weeks to minimum wage day

Kieth_Lemon

add to the list Coop £9.90 from 1st April

BUY TESLA STOCK

Might try for a full time job in Ahsda or are they the same as Tosco with party time wages.

madness

The gap between the discounters and the big 4 has fairy closed. Discounters used to be 30-40% more

Night Owl

I believe T***o is the only major retailer still to pay any kind of premium for Sunday working. This may change when pay review is announced later this year.
Noticed in my area all the major retailers have vacancies advertised online, including plenty of manager vacancies.

Lee2021

I work Sundays..  when we changed from time 1/2 and went time 1/4 I was hardly any better off including the new pay rise. If we lose all Sunday premiums this time do you think they will say the same thing that I'm better off? albeit not by the full rise again.

madness

Quote from: Night Owl on 04-03-22, 07:38PM
I believe T***o is the only major retailer still to pay any kind of premium for Sunday working. This may change when pay review is announced later this year.
Noticed in my area all the major retailers have vacancies advertised online, including plenty of manager vacancies.

Managers skills are transferable unlike the peons who are stuck doing grunt work the rest of their life living paycheck to paycheck  >:D :D

eversor

Quote from: Kieth_Lemon on 04-03-22, 03:47PM
add to the list Coop £9.90 from 1st April

Co Op are still voting for their increase though, aren't they?

NightAndDay

Quote from: madness on 04-03-22, 09:37PM
Quote from: Night Owl on 04-03-22, 07:38PM

Managers skills are transferable unlike the peons who are stuck doing grunt work the rest of their life living paycheck to paycheck  >:D :D

Yes, Manager skills are transferable, that rules out the majority of Retail "Managers".

BUY TESLA STOCK

No they are just left disgruntled when nobody does the grunt work and they are living pay cheque to pay cheque listening to the SMs BS. The best thing you can do is leave. 

ihavequestions23

Quote from: eversor on 04-03-22, 06:49AM
I know some supermarkets are on 10 an hour or over, but does anyone know how much each are getting paid now?

Lidl pay £10.10 an hour going up to over £11 an hour and for a person who currently works nights, to be able to work for a job that pays that much an hour without having to work nights it is a lot more of an appetising pay, just applied for the one near me.

thor god of thunder

this is a fantastic post! thank you for the info.....does anyone have the premium rates...sunday, bank holidays and night shift rates?

thor god of thunder

Modena

On the driving side.
Sainsburys £11.50
Waitrose £11
Iceland £11
Ocado £10.93-£15.19 they also get paid £1-80 more for overtime plus on weekends can earn anything up to £18 after 6pm at weekends,they don't load there own vans, when they do return early they still get paid and can go home, so no put put backs for them.
Tesco (Who claim to be the biggest supermarket) £10- 91.

fatlad

Tesco £10.91??? I'm a Tesco driver & get £10.23.

horatiocain

10.91 is the London driver rate.

barafear

Do Asda pay the equivilent of Location pay?

This job is advertised at £9.95 an hour - whereas an earlier post suggested Asda base rate of pay was £9.66?

Job Title: Store Assistant - Days
Employment: Type Part-time
Contract Type: Temporary
Shift Pattern: Days
Hours per Week: 25
Pay Rate: £9.95 per hour
Category: Store Assistant
Closing Date: 18 March 2022

Modena

London benefits I guess and can I add I just had a text from a friend at Ocado who has just got their new pay deal.
Basic new rate: £11.57
Evening:  £12.79
Overtime rate day: £14.46
Evening: £15.99
Happy days for them why can't Tesco pay a better overtime rate, that would be something.

lordadmiral

Shopping at Ocado is more expensive so the pay is higher but company is highly unprofitable.

Modena

lordadmiral

The same we could say about Tesco,  until "accounting scandal".
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-10490837/Ocado-shares-slump-12-9-losses-triple-robot-roll-costs.html
Looking at new pay rates ( all retailers),  I must say that there is huge pressure to keep them as low as possible or is it only my imagination?!. Rates are about 7% higher (on average) than new minimum wage. (£9.5).
Everyone is complaining at staff shortage but i do not see any significant rises to attract more people into business. It's opposite i do have impression that more people are leaving or reduce the hours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk