News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 10:47AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,402
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 257
Total: 260

Let's Talks

Started by ihavequestions23, 28-02-22, 06:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihavequestions23

Do they have to actually have a conversation with us for a let's talk, or can they just hand them out to us without having a conversation, because a few of us have been given one without an actual discussion and then put on our files. Something feels off about that.

Me2015

The name is in the document! I'd be telling them to remove them and put in a grievance for process not being followed

lucgeo

Ditto to the above  8-)

The clue's in the title!!! Request to view your file, if there is anything in your file stating a let's talk discussion that hasn't taken place, then you put in a grievance.
Things cannot be taken out of your file, but a letter can be put in that states these let's talk discussions did not take place!

Going on the above, and your other post, ( drastically underpaid ) it would seem your store is being operated by bullying and harassment, illegal practices and against policy!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

I thought old out of date warnings/informal discussionsa(what we had before let's talk),had to be removed from your file,and only current live ones kept?

ihavequestions23

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-02-22, 07:53AM
Ditto to the above  8-)

The clue's in the title!!! Request to view your file, if there is anything in your file stating a let's talk discussion that hasn't taken place, then you put in a grievance.
Things cannot be taken out of your file, but a letter can be put in that states these let's talk discussions did not take place!

Going on the above, and your other post, ( drastically underpaid ) it would seem your store is being operated by bullying and harassment, illegal practices and against policy!

I'll do that. At the bottom of the let's talk it says there will be a copy on my file but I'm not sure if they actually put it in. The "let's talk" is a photocopy that has been given to others in the store with the same wording, just different names. I'm sure that's not how let's talks work?? I will ask to see it and see if they've put it in the file. If they haven't, then they take action on me for not following what was said on the let's talk, can they even do that since the let's talk never actually took place?

Yeah, I have to say, I have never known a place like it. I've turned a blind eye and just got on with things for so long that when I think about it, it's crazy how many immoral and illegal things I've witnessed over the years. I have let them bully and lie for so long now I'm starting to think I need to speak up and take action.

lucgeo

Is the photo copy dated and signed?

If it's signed by the same manager, then you grievance against that manager, that'll break the little team up, as the SM willingly throws them under the bus!

If it's dated, then check if you were in work at the time? Also if they're all photocopies of the same date? Do not let go of your copy to anyone!! Keep a copy for yourself, for future reference!

ihavequestions23

It is signed by the manager and also dated, yes. I was working when the paper was handed to me (and several others). The manager who wrote it and signed it isn't the manager who has the problem, apparently he was just passing on a message from the other manager... There was no discussion, which cameras can clearly show- it was just given to me and he walked off.

lucgeo

So the date on the letter should be the date of the meeting. Was everyone's dated for the same day, as having had a let's talk on the same day?? Was everyone in work on their alleged "let's talk" meeting??

If others have all received the same letter, with only difference being the name, I would suggest you all lodge a group grievance. That is when you write a grievance, stating the reason as T&C's and you all sign it!
You don't need to submit it on an actual grievance form, it can just be on plain paper.
Heading :- group grievance under terms and conditions

Are any of you union members? The union rep can arrange and support you through the process.

NightAndDay

Now that people partners are gone, there is nobody to hold SMs to account when they don't follow process, there's a lack of union reps in my old Express group because they all got forced out of the business by SMs. If you cause trouble for an SM now they'll just forge your signature on a resignation and off you pop.

Convenience is like a cluster of Russia and North Koreas atm.

It's also why there's a load of unfair dismissal and discrimination law suits popping up recently, the fines are so punitive that the directors don't care, they will just keep on cutting.

(Even though people partners were little more than tea making fairy godmothers, there were a few who would "advise" SMs that what they're doing is illegal, and by advise I mean getting them to stand in the naughty corner for 5 minutes.)

BUY TESLA STOCK

Don't know how many unfair dismissal claims I have seen over the years. Tesco would rather waste company time and money than offer out of court settlements. Know people who would've dropped the case for a few thousand but instead Tesco ignore this and the court bill goes into 5 and 6 figures. The shop floor management love a day in court it gives them an excuse for a knees up.

lackofinterest

Quote from: NightAndDay on 28-02-22, 01:58PM
Now that people partners are gone, there is nobody to hold SMs to account when they don't follow process, there's a lack of union reps in my old Express group because they all got forced out of the business by SMs. If you cause trouble for an SM now they'll just forge your signature on a resignation and off you pop.

It's also why there's a load of unfair dismissal and discrimination law suits popping up recently, the fines are so punitive that the directors don't care, they will just keep on cutting.

(Even though people partners were little more than tea making fairy godmothers, there were a few who would "advise" SMs that what they're doing is illegal, and by advise I mean getting them to stand in the naughty corner for 5 minutes.)
forge your signature?? any proof of that? if so report it to the police as fraud!!

BUY TESLA STOCK

The directors were expert fraudsters hence the account scandal. The SMs only dream they were that good.

NightAndDay

Quote from: lackofinterest on 28-02-22, 03:54PM

forge your signature?? any proof of that? if so report it to the police as fraud!!

Police won't do anything as it's a civil matter, not a criminal one.

ihavequestions23

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-02-22, 12:43PM
So the date on the letter should be the date of the meeting. Was everyone's dated for the same day, as having had a let's talk on the same day?? Was everyone in work on their alleged "let's talk" meeting??

If others have all received the same letter, with only difference being the name, I would suggest you all lodge a group grievance. That is when you write a grievance, stating the reason as T&C's and you all sign it!
You don't need to submit it on an actual grievance form, it can just be on plain paper.
Heading :- group grievance under terms and conditions

Are any of you union members? The union rep can arrange and support you through the process.

Yeah all received the same let's talk with no actual let's talks being taken place whatsoever. That might work, there are many of us not happy right now. I'll have to figure out which T and C's to cite but I know without a meeting it's not worth anything. I am a union member, yeah, will get in touch! Thankyou.

ihavequestions23

I'm in an extra store, but it seems very much the same here.

lucgeo

If you're a union member, then your rep needs to question this, submit your grievance and arrange a meeting  with the SM and manager concerned. Your rep is also able to get the support from the union area office, to make them aware of the situation.

You do not need to cite the T&C's, just heading it under T&C's. I would still advise you get everyone else's name that received the same letter, and assurance that they are willing to be involved, if not in the grievance letter itself, but in stating they were given the letter without a let's talk.

If your rep is any good, once the grievance is in process, they will ask to see your file, with you present, to confirm the let's talk letter is there. They will then insist that an additional letter is placed in your file, stating the let's talk never took place, and cannot be referred to in the future!
If the let's talk letter isn't in your file, but you have a copy, then it needs to be explained how and why it has been removed, and by whom??
Either way the manager(s) involved in this are in deep doodo

Unfortunately, some store reps are not really interested in the job, either doing it to get the gossip, get out of shifts, manager brown nosing, or feel unsupported from the area officer...Should your rep try to fob you off with " leave it with me, I'll have a word" seem disinterested, or fail to update you within a day or two, contact your area union office and ask for another rep to represent you, either from your own store (renowned good rep) or another store, state lack of confidence in your rep!

Once you have placed the grievance, the managers concerned must not attempt to approach you to discuss it with you!!!

NightAndDay

There's nobody left to uphold union rules anymore, SMs now have free reign to do as they please, I don't know what the situation is in Superstore, but in Express, there's a massive shortage of reps, nor is there the requirement anymore to have the USDAW poster up or guidance on how to join.

With all of these cuts, USDAW is akin to Russia on how badly their influence has been affected. If you try to fight the SM, he'll just chiller chat you out of the business.

Gerrard08

A lets talk is an informal summary of a conversation.  You do not have to be there or sign anything.  It's dated but not signed by the manager either.  Its not part of a disciplinary process, relax.

Nomad

So why is a record kept of it and why can it be brought up in any future proceedings  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Quote from: Gerrard08 on 01-03-22, 11:16AM
A lets talk is an informal summary of a conversation.  You do not have to be there or sign anything.  It's dated but not signed by the manager either.  Its not part of a disciplinary process, relax.

Err...how can you have a conversation, if you don't have to be there?? A " let's talk" is exactly that, an informal conversation which both managers or colleagues can request at any time...however...they cannot roll a photocopy of letter to several colleagues at once, all exactly the same wording, same date and signed by a manager, stating it's a summary of a "let's talk" and has been placed in their personal files ???

I think, if you weren't so relaxed, you'd realise it can and DOES become part of the disciplinary process, as it will be used as a reference of past meetings, if the topic of discussion hasn't been rectified! Why do you think it's put on file??

penguin

So if that is the case nothing to stop a manager saying you have had a conversation about anything at all, you know nothing about it until in a review or investigation and several of them come out "look I have spoken to you about this on four occasions now" etc etc. Oh and officially not part of the process but we all know where they lead, not all management abuse them it must be said but some are happy to do so.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Managers don't even have to do that, they can just fire you out of the blue for no reason because nobody is there to hold them to account, Tesco policies have about as much integrity as Russia's democratic process. If you kick off you'll "accidentally" be fired in much the same way as Putins political rivals tripped and fell or accidentally swallowed polonium.

ihavequestions23

Quote from: penguin on 01-03-22, 05:01PM

So if that is the case nothing to stop a manager saying you have had a conversation about anything at all, you know nothing about it until in a review or investigation and several of them come out "look I have spoken to you about this on four occasions now" etc etc. Oh and officially not part of the process but we all know where they lead, not all management abuse them it must be said but some are happy to do so.

There's no way they can say we had a conversation about it, I was given the let's talk paper alongside several other staff members out in the open on the shop floor. Can give a time if they want to check the cameras.

ihavequestions23

But there has been no conversation, so how can there be a summary of something that never took place? It was both dated and signed by the manager. I know it is not part of the disciplinary process but it is stated that investigations may occur if we don't follow the agreed outcomes of the let's talk... a conversation that didn't happen.

Batmanjo

Quote from: ihavequestions23 on 02-03-22, 07:02AM
Quote from: penguin on 01-03-22, 05:01PM

There's no way they can say we had a conversation about it, I was given the let's talk paper alongside several other staff members out in the open on the shop floor. Can give a time if they want to check the cameras.

What you need to do is apply for the CCTV footage you can apply online through the company they will ask a few questions day, date, time etc and to upload driving license or passport they will sent it to you I have had the pleasure and they are helpful but you do need to be very specific and you have to be on the CCTV you request. Have a look at where you were standing and ask them to give you the footage from two cameras that are closest to yourselves. This footage will be useful in the future.
As for the conversation was it serious ? I had 4 let's talk in one week one of which was put in my file some 6 weeks later than the alleged meeting for that let's talk and then was brought into a totally separate meeting I was having they are unbelievable !! and you should also ask for CCTV for the let's talk incident if possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk