News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 03:44AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 433
Total: 435

JACKS TO CLOSE AND MORE JOBS GOING

Started by Vinny1985, 01-02-22, 07:05AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherwoodforest

Which stores are losing their night teams altogether??curious if any have dot com operations
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

VladPutin

Potofgold

I've heard on this post even people with dot com are still loosing nightshift, I'd gladly take redundancy 👍

Sherwoodforest

@vlad sorry to hear that,which store are you in?does the store names get edited out by admins or is everyone tight lipped

Mrbline

Our store has dotcom and is going

Crazy amount of stock far more productive doing it in nights considering they guy does 14 cages if beer n 2ltr

Sherwoodforest

@mrbline losing nights or just bws nights?which store are you in?

[admin]Due to the probability of reprisals in one form or another from one or more possible sources most members consider it unwise to place personal details on a forum, that includes their work location. it's a sad world but it's the one we have to live in.[/admin]

kaled78

speaking to a magor driver yesterday,he said several of the .com stores are losing their night crew this time round,he said a lot of night workers thought .com in a store made them safe,but obviously not this time around

FarmerFred

No role in T is ever safe from the sky pixies who have no concept of how stores actually function...  or not as the case may be. It does not matter what format or what features a store might or might not have... nobody is safe. The same applies in distribution.................

[admin]Post edited. If you refer to the recent fire/rehire case you may want to raise your point in the appropriate topic USDAW win Fire and Re-hire case. I believe the 'victory' in this case is relative to many types of workers not just drivers.[/admin]

BUY TESLA STOCK

I remember working through the last culls the store manager visited the nightshift to tell them roles are safe as store is too big busy dotcom. Now it's lights out early. Best o luck to all that take redundancy. Lots of work out there.

century99

Quote from: misty-2001 on 05-02-22, 12:46PM
We are losing half of our main bank tills shortly to have more self serve till installed so that'll mean less cashiers needed. I can imagine they'll all be card only as well so hours will be lost in the cash office as well.

They tried to go all card at the store I work at a couple of years ago so I was told but there was such a level of complaints that they had to bring back half as cash and card. to be honest when its busy you end up stood at the top of the queue asking cash or card and directing customers as there is always a queue for the cash side.

Rumour is they are increasing the self scan at our store as well and a number of the older staff are already saying they can't do the self serve/scan as you shop as its "too complicated" lol. I am in my 50's and picked it up and the lovely lady at our store who is fast approaching 40 years of service and is 80 can do it, guess they want an easy sit down life. I have been there about 6 months and am now trained on main checkouts, selfserve, scan as you shop and customer service/kiosk. Even done some basic training on petrol so I can help cover breaks.

I actually quite enjoy it but for me its not the be all and end all. Our mortgage is nearly paid off, hubby and I both have 20 or more years in good pensions we can claim at 60, so its a way to earn extra to pay the rising bills and save towards holidays and kids uni costs. I am on a 7.5 hr flexi contract but the managers are good and I have rarely done less than 20-25 hours and at Christmas was closer to full time as well as being able to say I can't work a shift if I have other stuff to do, which is perfect for me and fits around my kids (12,14,19 and 23). BUT I can see if you have younger kids or are starting out with a career and need to pay a big mortgage then these flexi contracts are rubbish.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk