News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 01:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 437
Total: 439

JACKS TO CLOSE AND MORE JOBS GOING

Started by Vinny1985, 01-02-22, 07:05AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potofgold

Nikki have you been told you can take redundancy?

Anothernightie

we are a non dot com extra. keeping nightshift except bws. no job losses

BUY TESLA STOCK

Is there a list of the stores moving to twilight? Can't be many night shifts left now.

Ever ready

We are losing half of our main bank tills shortly to have more self serve till installed so that'll mean less cashiers needed. I can imagine they'll all be card only as well so hours will be lost in the cash office as well.

penguin

The last store I worked in is having a load of main bank tills removed and more self service fitted, one of the staff still working there posted a rant about it all on facebook the other day ,a bit ill advised to post that sort of thing on his social media I just hope nobody reports him for it as we all know Tesco take a dim view of that kind of thing.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

dizzy_1

Oh i remember when my store lost nights, I think the bosses thought everyone would jump to twilight fill. They got a shock when all but 3 of them took redundancy and left. They all got a good payout as well. It's been a mess ever since.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

Dkdiablo

Just read that Tesco is expecting year end profit is going to be a modest £2.6 billion. Obviously it's not enough.

FarmerFred

£2.6 billion is only around 4%... not exactly stellar performance

lackofinterest

£2.6 billion more than they deserve!!

BUY TESLA STOCK

Is the value of the stock the nightshift would have put on the shelf across stores until they had the great idea to scrap night work.  >:D

VladPutin

No zombie shift means deliveries early morning rather than late evening. With all the carnage on the shop floor that entails. Aisles can be congested enough with three or four dot comedy trollies getting in everyone's way. Now imagine GA's trying to work and post sort a full wagon's worth on top of that. The stores will look like excrement and the availability - not just for dot comedy but for real customers - will crash and burn.

Still, that's head office for you.

lackofinterest

londoner83

Will distribution cope with having loads more day only delivery stores? There is far less traffic thru the night so deliveries are seldom delayed...good luck putting hundreds of extra trucks on our crowded motorways in daylight and expecting deliveries to take similar times.

chris9997

We have been told our store is to small to go from nights to day fill , this I find hard to believe as over the last 6 months huge amounts of stock have been left unworked some nights as deliveries have been very late, the next night we come in everything and the back stock has been worked, as others have said I think it is all about distribution and getting the delivery rearranged.

Sherwoodforest

Any dot com stores losing their night team?
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

BUY TESLA STOCK

They are doing the culls bit by bit so as not to put too much strain on distribution at once. It puts more staff on the shop floor during busy time giving a better service and keeping the place cleaner during the day. It will also reduce shrink and paying expensive night management and premiums. It's nothing to do with going the way of the discounters as others have said.  Many of the discounters have a night crew but are just not open to the public...

Baba_G

Wasn't the plan to have team leaders on nights and get done with managment or did i miss something now with the night shift cull? They are starting to get rid of nights crew even in dot com stores BWS in mine is the first to go to twilight . I already have a foot out the door so all the best to you that still belive in tesco bullsht i see the ship going down and i'm not waiting around to drown .

Sherwoodforest

Its about stream lining the business,henry ford did it,its nothing new,putting staff onto the shop floor during the day when needed for service,if there are any dot com stores losing there night team,that maybe a trial run for the rest of them,if more shopping goes onlinr maybe dot com hubs like london could be a rollout,
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Rumblerumble

We are as well

Quote from: misty-2001 on 05-02-22, 12:46PM
We are losing half of our main bank tills shortly to have more self serve till installed so that'll mean less cashiers needed. I can imagine they'll all be card only as well so hours will be lost in the cash office as well.

lucgeo

They carry on like this they'll have no customers!

The back to back double checkouts they introduced are unfit for purpose on a big shop! With all the paraphernalia bags for sale stand, card reader, receipt box, all crammed into the packing area, there's no room to open even a single shopping bag to pack! When they do eventually remove the plastic shields, the chute is still less than half the width it used to be on the old single checkouts.
But then that's probably what they intend, rid the paying customers from being served by an operator, and push for self scan or self serve.

Other supermarkets who have installed self serve/scan checkouts , still have full size, manned checkouts!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Just scan every second item and remember to say hello to the guard on the way out. >:D

OvaSees

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 08-02-22, 06:24PM
Its about stream lining the business,henry ford did it,its nothing new,putting staff onto the shop floor during the day when needed for service,if there are any dot com stores losing there night team,that maybe a trial run for the rest of them,if more shopping goes onlinr maybe dot com hubs like london could be a rollout,
We've gone way beyond 'stream lining', that ship has long since sailed. We hit the bottom of a dried up well some time ago and started digging to find water.

Nomad

Any person in line to be made redundant can try an alternative role, if they find it is unsuitable they can advice(in writing) their employee of that fact prior to the end of the trial period, and their redundancy is unaffected.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Forgive me for repeating this again but...
Anyone taking redundancy, can sign on at the job centre straight away, and are entitled to the basic job seekers allowance for 6 months, your redundancy payment is disregarded. It's around £75 p.w.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk