News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

21-05-24, 09:17PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,907
  • Latest: Old man
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,569
  • Total Topics: 647
  • Online today: 783
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 445
Total: 446

New structure change.

Started by Vinny1985, 13-01-22, 03:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatajoke2019

Our store is losing the remaining Fish and Meat counter (guess it'll go to Grab & Go?) and BWS is also going to a day time fill. Our BWS night colleagues are hopefully being kept on the night team but if someone leaves they won't be replaced as we are around 50 hours over.

Nightworker

What size store are you
We take about £400k /wk
And have a small night team and our changes same as yours
Does anyone know if there is a roll out of stores going nights to day and the time frames for this

whatajoke2019

We are a large superstore and I *think* we average around £700k/week. No Dot Com/Click and Collect (that comes from another store).

Who knows if the big T are planning on rolling out the axing of night shifts, I wouldn't be surprised, but to the best of my knowledge those stores who are losing their night fill are the only ones (for now).

Just need to remember, this time, next year we fill out 'No One Listens or Cares' *after* they've announced another round of cuts  :thumbdown:.

VladPutin

"What, you didn't see that coming?"
- Quicksilver, Age of Ultron.

Tesco is run by pathologically greedy sociopaths who care even less about their colleagues and customers than I do. Which is saying something. >:D All they give a damn about is coming up with the next Big Idea in order to justify their wages and bonuses. By the time the chickens have come home to roost and Tesco is losing customers because the stores look like excrement, the people responsible for this mess will either have moved on to other jobs, or convinced everyone that only they are capable of solving the problem they created in the first place. 8-)

Welshie

Quote from: Pancakes on 02-02-22, 07:49AM
Anyone know when consultation starts ?

We were told 14th Feb

VladPutin

Happy Valentines Day.

lucgeo

They're sharing the love  8-) group hug anyone  :-* :-*
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

VladPutin

I'd be happy to hug every member of the board.

Around the neck.  >:D

Baba_G

With a light but steady pressure

Kidder

Any idea if there is list of stores affected? All stores are moving BWS on twilight???

Pancakes

Will the store managers be conducting the consultation or will they bring in personnel ?

Nightproduceworker

We were told last night that nothing was heard of our night team going to days, however bws was and non food is going. But from what I'm reading in articals, Tesco are scrapping their Nightshift workforce and moving that structure to days. Be nice to know what is actually happening.

sensible_woman

When you say non food do you mean h&b as I've heard it's also being scrapped in this recent cull

anais

Thinks nights are going in superstore  only and they are  removing h and b, bws on days in the extra we work for

T.C.1

As it was "hardlines" their night operation went to days about 4 years ago H&B could be store  specific

Suppord

I took buy out when team support left, I feel like I'm going to be shafted because I dropped four hours and went to nights
I bet I won't get that considered in my redundancy, probsbly be dropped down because I've dropped hours.

TheMountain

Our store (extra) is losing BWS to a twilight fill and that's it. Current BWS staff are being rotated in to existing vacancies on other night fill departments.
Overall otherwise, grocery losing 7 hours, and PI losing 1 hour a week. No other operational changes other than that this time around.
Good luck to the affected colleagues. I've been through the whole consultation thing and it can be a stressful and worrying time, especially in the current climate.

trolleyboy96

Quote from: Pancakes on 02-02-22, 12:52PM
Will the store managers be conducting the consultation or will they bring in personnel ?

Pretty much all personnel have gone, one people manager per group, certainly knows the last round of redundancies it was left to the team managers to complete the 121's this was the case for counters and stock control a couple of years back.

Pancakes

Thank you for that ☺️

AudiTTman

Quote from: Pda-smith on 31-01-22, 10:52PM
Haha. Salaried shift leaders. Knew it.
"Sorry someone has rang in sick you'll have to come in "

£21k as well. What a joke.

How can it be right that Shift leaders are on such a high salary when team managers are all different, grocery on higher than checkouts and grocery only a handful of colleagues when checkouts is 7x as many, lower rate for managing more colleagues, it's all wrong, it's appalling pay structure, same with stock and a handful of colleagues!

NightAndDay

You get bin men on more than £21k a year, also Express Shift Leaders are the sole authority most of the time, they manage checkouts, fresh, grocery, PI, stock control and admin as well as the site and S&L and occasionally rotas and holiday, they're worth more than low level TMs.

Also phone shop managers are part funded by O2 hency why they have a cushier gig, assistant store managers at O2 are on about £26k a year.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: Nightproduceworker on 02-02-22, 04:05PM
We were told last night that nothing was heard of our night team going to days, however bws was and non food is going. But from what I'm reading in articals, Tesco are scrapping their Nightshift workforce and moving that structure to days. Be nice to know what is actually happening.

It will be gradual so as not to put too much strain on distribution.

Hammer10

When will they never learn soon there's going to be one change too many and it's going to go tits up.

VladPutin

You really think they care? The people responsible for this will still get their huge wages, their bonuses, stock options etc. When it all goes the Shape of the Pear, they will either blame people below them on the greasy pole, move to another job or, most likely, get another huge wad of cash for fixing the problems they created in the first place.

Cynical? Moi? 8-)

Aisle28IsGreat

Quote from: Suppord on 02-02-22, 05:25PM
I took buy out when team support left, I feel like I'm going to be shafted because I dropped four hours and went to nights
I bet I won't get that considered in my redundancy, probsbly be dropped down because I've dropped hours.

I am the same. I am hearing that main-bank checkouts will not be open after 8 or 9 pm. just the self scan!!! So no off till activity is required. So shifts are potentially going to be rearranged and moved about because the way my team is contracted means that would result in our shifts over-lapping! I took the evening shifts as these were better for child care for me when one of the old team supports went to the shift leader job. Now my shifts will have to start earlier meaning I may not be able to do them! Total disaster of a company all to save a few pennys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk