News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 07:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Reach usage for one run?

Started by gomezz, 18-08-21, 08:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomezz

I have been told that my Reach usage for one run I did was not 100%. 

Disregarding that I did in fact use the Reach for all the deliveries on the run I am struggling to understand how the usage percentage for a single run can be anything other than 100% or 0%.  You either used the Reach or you didn't.  You can't use the Reach for just some of the deliveries and not the others as it won't let you return the trip until you do.

Am I wrong to suspect that this is actually a systems error?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

fatboy

Don't know if you're aware, but when using the reach, if you get to an address, click im here then sign the delivery off before 3 mins has past, this comes up as reach misuse & can affect reach usage just for the 1 delivery. Also if you sign off a delivery then click im here for the next one within 3 mins this also affects usage. So say you have 10 deliveries and one of the scenario above happened on 1 delivery then the reach usage would come back as 90%. Hope that makes sense!!

gomezz

No I didn't know that.  Doesn't really fit the case of delivering to two next door neighbours for example.

Doesn't explain what happened on my run though as none of that happened. 

fatboy

Yeah, I've also questioned the next door neighbour scenario. Was told to do the second delivery as normal but not to click im here on reach for 3 mins after 1st delivery then wait a further 3 mins before signing off.

just curious

So it sounds like the reach figures can be manipulated just like the I don't Que length figures and any other figures this company wants to falsify  :-X :-X ? Some things never change in this company  :o :o ?

gomezz

I did ask the trainer about exactly when in the process we should be clicking on Arrive:  When you are parked up or when you are at the customer's door;  and when to click on Finish: I tend to do that when back in the cab just before driving off to the next customer; and when to Return the trip:  Which I only do after I have unloaded the empties as a truer reflection of how long the route takes.  The trainer seemed bewildered by these questions and was unable to give a concrete answer.

helpme

Quote from: fatboy on 18-08-21, 09:23PM
Don't know if you're aware, but when using the reach, if you get to an address, click im here then sign the delivery off before 3 mins has past, this comes up as reach misuse & can affect reach usage just for the 1 delivery. Also if you sign off a delivery then click im here for the next one within 3 mins this also affects usage. So say you have 10 deliveries and one of the scenario above happened on 1 delivery then the reach usage would come back as 90%. Hope that makes sense!!
It's three minutes between signing off different customers rather than between the 'I am here' and signing off the delivery.

horatiocain

It will read as reach misuse if you sign for a delivery and arrival within 3 minutes too  you're meant to arrive as soon as you turn off the engine, it then times the delivery  if multiple deliveries exceed the 7 minute delivery window they system should automatically assign more time.
The idea being that if it's difficult to ark and deliver to the system will add time without outside intervention.
Of course this inly happens if nobody interferes with the system.

There are several measures each every that effect the reach usage.
If you don't use the satnav to get there.
If you don't click arrived when you stop.
If you get a signature within 3 minutes of arriving.
If you don't get a signature.
If you return the trip too early.

The trip should be returned as you return the reach to its docking port of dispatch, depending on where you work.

The whole system relies upon the SDS working correctly, which is about half the time

breadbaconandbeans

Quote from: gomezz on 18-08-21, 09:33PM
No I didn't know that.  Doesn't really fit the case of delivering to two next door neighbours for example.

Doesn't explain what happened on my run though as none of that happened.

So I had a delivery today of 1 computer game and door next to the path. I did the delvery in 20 seconds and signed it off with finish. So I get bad points for doing the delivery as i should? makes no sense and why would you sit there for 3 mins just to sign it off. makes no sense at all

horatiocain

Do you actually expect anything in this company to make sense???

rebel123

I have never had a 100% reach usage been doing the job for 13 years have been moaned at loads of times just tell the manager jobs getting done and never had any customer  complaints

breadbaconandbeans

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

we have enough stress on the road getting to houses safely and on time through bad traffic etc let alone worrying about leaving enough time on the reach for this / that just press I am here do it then press finish when done I'm not sitting there waiting to finish it when I have a list of other people waiting.  Just let us get on with the job and focus on driving safely not worrying about if we get told off for reach misuse.  If it all gets delivered in the time and customers happy all that matters.

horatiocain

I have e ti admit my reach usage was always bad  one of our best rated drivers once had the worst reach usage in the whole company, which he is still proud of, but had the highest customer satisfaction rating, our customers would rather have a decent and on time delivery, the reach system is a joke.

breadbaconandbeans

Yes and the stress if you get to a house early as its on a one way street and nowhere to park up so you have to deliver early or go all the way around again. They should leave it to us and if we deliver 5-10 mins early not a problem if we knows its hard to find or roadworks to get through after and diesel to fill up. Now you worry about delivering early even though you have loads to do after that house and need to make that time up. When we just had paperwork it was so much better

Jellypot

Thought delivering early had no negative effects on sds use?

gomezz

Had another bit of "advice" that if I could not deliver and marked it as such on the SDS but then later on could go back and do the delivery that I should NOT then mark it as delivered on the SDS.  Apparently this causes the system to mark the driver / manager down for delivering out of sequence.  Of course what it really mean is that the system is not fit for purpose as it is not recording a full audit trail of events which could be used to work it out correctly.

Jellypot

That just shows what complete idiots we have running these departments, if that order is on the system as not delivered when you return your trip, wont that customer have their money refunded?

gomezz

I did raise the case when you have extras added to your run which means that the computer generated delivery order goes out of the window as it does not actually recompute estimated delivery times or take account of the location of the extras in relation to the original orders.  It is down to the driver to slot the extras in where they fit best which sometimes means swapping original orders around.

Used to be able to do this easily on the SDS but the new system means you have to temporarily mark "earlier" orders as Unable to Deliver then go back to them later as per the revised delivery order.  This generates an unholy slew of orders delivered out of order when actually the system should just be turning this check off for any route with extras added.

I was told this point would be raised up the line but I doubt they even understand the issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk