News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 10:07PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,420
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Bank Holiday working

Started by MonkeyNinja, 02-06-21, 03:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dairyfresh

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/5940626965788-Her-Majesty-The-Queen-s-Funeral.

Night Colleagues in Stores (Large & Convenience)
Monday 19th into Tuesday 20th September will be classed as the bank holiday.  Colleagues who are contracted to work this shift will not be required to come in and will be paid for the entire shift as normal.

Where a night colleague works any hours between Midnight on Monday and 23:59 on Monday they will be paid their normal contractual pay (if Monday is a normal working day), plus time and a quarter for any hours that are worked during that period.

The night of Sunday 18th into Monday 19th September is classed as a normal working day, although the bank holiday premium will be paid for hours worked from midnight on the Monday as described above.

updated today 9:30.

Duff McKagan

Well that contradicts the previous post stating that Sunday into Monday is the bank holiday

5fdp

The company has now said that mon into tues is the bank holiday. Sunday is a normal night. 😁

Stitch

Quote from: dairyfresh on 14-09-22, 05:18AMAccording to briefing pack pfs are to close
If anyone has yammer the briefing pack is in this thread
https://www.yammer.com/uk.tesco.com/threads/1913207866867712?message_id=1913207866867712

Oh I can't see that....apparently I don't have clearance (never got on with yammer lol) but thank you

T.C.1

I've been on holiday and work nights reading the posts so is officially Sun/Mon or Mon/Tue? It's just a bit of a mess.

world of their own

Monday into Tuesday.

T.C.1

It just doesn't make sense to have BH Mon/Tue because if big stores are closed all day Monday then there be no delivery Sunday night? especially fresh.

world of their own

Quote from: T.C.1 on 14-09-22, 01:52PMIt just doesn't make sense to have BH Mon/Tue because if big stores are closed all day Monday then there be no delivery Sunday night? especially fresh.
Sunday night will be a normal working night.

Preacherpauly

Its pathetic that the express stores have to open at 5pm.

Bobmay

Quote from: dairyfresh on 13-09-22, 04:57PMyes sunday night is voluntary, where shops are open ie convenience stores in central london and windsor those who are scheduled to work and choose to do so will receive time plus time and a quarter for hours worked. those who are not scheduled to work and volunteer to do so will be paid time and a quarter for hours worked, those scheduled to work and choose not to will receive a paid days leave.

They will also get extra holiday for working bank holiday

Poppy123

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 14-09-22, 10:53AMWell that contradicts the previous post stating that Sunday into Monday is the bank holiday

I don't understand how you come home without sleep at 8am Monday morning to watch funeral at 11 then not go to work Monday night. Am I missing something?

The complete opposite of what was said yesterday.

Duff McKagan

Does anyone have a definitive answer yet? Nobody seems to know...our store have been told there's no night crew on Sunday into Monday yet several on here are saying the bank holiday is Monday into Tuesday...I've seen 2 'official' notices stating 2 different days so what Shift is the bank holiday? This will end up being an absolute shambles at this rate.

world of their own

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 14-09-22, 08:22PMDoes anyone have a definitive answer yet? Nobody seems to know...our store have been told there's no night crew on Sunday into Monday yet several on here are saying the bank holiday is Monday into Tuesday...I've seen 2 'official' notices stating 2 different days so what Shift is the bank holiday? This will end up being an absolute shambles at this rate.

Monday into Tuesday..

Sunday night is a normal working night.

kaled78

we were told there will be no deliveries to stores on monday due to distribution closing for the day,stores may experience a delay in getting deliveries on tuesday,if this is the case then our store would have no delivery for nights to work mon into tues,so it makes sense for them not to be in

trivi

Quote from: Bobmay on 14-09-22, 02:52PMThey will also get extra holiday for working bank holiday

The extra payment is in lieu of an extra holiday

Duff McKagan

Presumably then staff who don't ordinarily work Monday nights will be able to claim a day back in lieu just like regular holidays?

Sherwoodforest

@duff sorry it doesnt work like that,its not a holiday as such,its to give people working on the day of the queens funeral a chance to pay their respects and watch it,if your not contracted you can watch it
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Duff McKagan

We've been told that those working the bank holiday will receive the normal pay for their shift plus time and a quarter on top...if that's true then surely those of us not contracted should get something...

lucgeo

And this is why they changed it all years ago...at one time if you weren't contracted to a BH, with the majority being a Monday, you didn't get the extra time allowance. Those not contracted could work for double time and a day in lieu...I used to bank mine and was averaging 8 weeks hol per year!

Then they introduced a fifth of your working week in time allowance, which became complicated in getting the hours back, and some more corrupt managers who had a colleague on a short day due to the allowance, weren't including their allocated breaks as owing, so someone on a 9 hour shift was getting less breaks due to less hours worked in the shift, and not the 1.50 owed! I think the BH allocation is the best idea.

Most of the stores are closed on the Monday, much like Christmas & Easter Sunday, so the same rules should apply.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

whatajoke2019

If you aren't contracted and end up working, you'll get time and a quarter (just like the Platinum Jubilee).

If you've booked the day off as holiday prior, then it's changed to a Paid Absence - Extra Bank Holiday and those colleagues will get to use their day holiday again.

person7

I have the 19th as a "booked holiday" from months ago -- so im glad get to use it again.

i was off last week due to illness and said to my boss im happy to work 19th if they can swap my holiday to when i was off (only contracted to 7 hours so i get NO sick pay at all even though im covering sundays for almost a year its not on my contract - (as its maternity leave cover  not permanent)

i was worried that now we are closed and its a day off i would LOOSE my holiday as all the managers seem clueless what will happen to people on booked holidays as im the only one in store with that day booked off anyway!

person7

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 15-09-22, 09:52AMWe've been told that those working the bank holiday will receive the normal pay for their shift plus time and a quarter on top...if that's true then surely those of us not contracted should get something...

Our store is closed entirely anyway on 19th even managers aren't going in..

BUT one thing that annoyed me was during the queens jubilee.. EVERYONE was getting DOUBLE time and quarter.. but because I wasn't contracted to that day. I just got standard pay! - and I agreed to it BEFORE I found out -- otherwise I would told them to stuff it if I'm getting paid half what everyone else is getting.

No managers were in so I took extra breaks as "compensation" -

I mean why should I do two departments by myself overworking myself on basic time and quarter wage when everyone on the tills or in their own department got to sit and chat with each other not much to do and got paid double time and quarter!! its a quiet store on bank holidays so not many customers but seeing all my colleagues, moving slowly, chatting and having laugh and I'm on my own other side of the store doing 4 peoples jobs with no extra pay!

last time I do that!

Duff McKagan

I worked the Jubilee as it was my contracted shift, I most certainly didn't get double time and a quarter, some of my colleagues have said they did but I didn't see any extra. My manager said they'd look into it, I've asked several times whether I should have had time back or extra pay but as of yet I've still had no answer, no money, and no time back.

person7

wow! thats poor! every single collegauge who worked that day (except me or anyone who wasn't contracted that day) got it - if it was a contracted shift i would keep nagging them and say you will get the union involved to seek legal action against missing pay (union may be useless half the time but tesco do seem to get some things moving to "avoid" the union being involved)

As i even got it in email that it was double time and quarter (but I didn't qualify due to not contracted day) - if i kept the emails i would have posted it so you can use it as evidence but i delete them after i read them as half of their emails are just boasting about profits

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 15-09-22, 08:04AM@duff sorry it doesnt work like that,its not a holiday as such,its to give people working on the day of the queens funeral a chance to pay their respects and watch it,if your not contracted you can watch it

What about those working nihtj shift on sunday.As they are only there for few hours until it is monday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk