News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:28PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 290
Total: 294

Phones?

Started by river_thames, 25-10-20, 02:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siwel123

Or you could just use a PDA and the app that is downloaded on it to complete the reports

VladPutin

Quote from: Cinderella on 02-12-20, 10:53AM
Yes, we were made to! My previous phone was an old one, so I had to get a new phone to be compatible with mPro5! That ended up being a positive thing, as the new phone is much faster than my previous, but we shouldn’t be put in that position. Apparently mPro5 isn’t accessible from the computer screen we have, (I’ve tried, even had a manager try with me!) and our department manager keeps the department mobile with him at all times. So to be compliant with safe and legal, we have to download the app onto our phones so we can complete our logbooks.

If a manager tried to make me buy a new phone just to do the logbook flows I would, after I had finished laughing at him, invite him to pay for it out his own pocket. ;D :D

If Tesco want me to do a job, they can provide me with the correct tools, free of charge. Or it's not getting done.

notsofunny

some years back when I was working for Tesco I was told that I should be reading my e mails at home , and I told them much the same as Vladputin , Why should any staff including Managers be expected to do a job with our own equipment paid for by our self's ,

About 30 years ago a company I worked for offered us a free mobile , condition was that we had to respond 24/7 when they contacted us ,others like me said no thank you' so even if they gave you a phone they would have condition added to you having it  ??? 8-)

VladPutin

We stopped using them years ago, but managers used to give staff in their departments feedback forms. You would be asked to rate the manager on various aspects of their performance. My manager told me it shouldn't take long to fill in and I could do it during my 15 minute break. I politely(honest! ;D)informed her that as I didn't get paid for my break, I wasn't doing any type of work during it. And that if she wanted my feedback, she'd have to give time during my shift to complete the form.

gomezz

Quote from: notsofunny on 02-12-20, 06:00PMAbout 30 years ago a company I worked for offered us a free mobile , condition was that we had to respond 24/7 when they contacted us ,others like me said no thank you' so even if they gave you a phone they would have condition added to you having it  ??? 8-)
That sounds suspiciously like the same "offer" we were made at my former company.  We all said  no thanks too.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

notsofunny

Just in case it was the same company  ,, did it end with the name  XXXX halls ,, Just asking ,, :)

Ford Torino

About five years ago when I was in the technological dark age, our nice-but-spoke-to-staff-in-a-patronizing-way manager would rant that he couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't have the Inform App on their smartphone. I asked him, a) what an App was, and b) could I have a smartphone please? The poor guy looked a bit nonplussed as if he had never considered this scenario to arise.

Nowadays, I am more or less up to date and have a smartphone, but we are expected to do our legal refresher training on our devices. I have found this a bit fiddly at times and said I could probably do it with good old pen and paper in half the time, but it seems that such quaint customs are long since extinct.

I dread to think what would happen if it was the last day for our legal refreshers to be in, and the WiFi was down!

Kieth_Lemon

Mpro works on all store phones and PDAs.
Yes its handy to have on your own device but by no means so essential you'd feel the need to buy a new phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk