News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:48PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 295
Total: 298

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell?

Started by Fair play, 18-10-19, 03:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donk180

Thanks, ye I kind of understand. I selected the “buy to keep” option 1 on my SAYE scheme that matured solely to get the dividend. My shares got consolidated from 3973 to 3136, I then thought that the dividend would get payed into my account yesterday like I have heard other peoples have and I can’t find any info even on the Equiniti site to tell me that I’m even getting a dividend. Lost quite a bit of cash with the consolidation and now it feels like I’m going to lose even more for not getting the dividend. Do you know of anything I should have done differently as i thought I’d done everything correctly

Minnie Mouse

If your shares have been consolidated then you will get dividend, is your bank account registered if not then they will send out a cheque to your address, go to your shares account and you will find out if they have your bank details, I got 3 different dividend payments into my bank account yesterday hope this helps

Interstellar

From a letter I received today it appears, if you have dividends paid into your bank account, that was done on 26th. If taking the dividend in shares, they should be put into your shareview account on 29th.

Mohamed

If you are getting dividends in shares it will show by Tuesday on your share view account.

Wilted20

Quote from: Donk180 on 27-02-21, 11:38AM
Thanks for the reply, I have been playing about with the website and I have 3 forms of shares shares incentive plan, save as you earn and Tesco shares account. I have no shares incentive plan shares. I obviously can’t get a dividend on my save as you earn because I haven’t sold them but I sold one of my save as you earns on the 1/2/21 and it transferred it to the Tesco shares account which is the one I was expecting to get my dividend on. It says “current dividend election:none” but also says “online dividend elections changes are not available for this holding”

Totally at a loss, did I sell the save as your earn correctly to be entitled to the dividend?

Donk,

When you set up a Tesco Share Account, it defaults to ‘paid as shares’ for any dividends. As others have said, you would’ve had to change that to ‘paid as cash’ before the record date of the special dividend.

The consolidated shares have been put into a new Tesco Share Account, which currently has no dividend election selected, nor will it let you change it online, as you found the other day.

Your shares will be added to your account tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Wilted20

Quote from: brucie on 26-02-21, 08:25PM
anybody any idea how you inform tax man about dividend tax payable if you don't do self assessment? thanks.

Tax on Dividends information can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-dividends

Donk180

Wilted20. Thanks for that information. Very helpful. I’m guessing the shares added will be at the current share price and not the lower £1.51 SAYE price

Wilted20

No problem at all.

It will be based on your special dividend value versus the share price at the time of purchase (which I believe is 26th February).

The special dividend information should be available if you:

- Sign into Equiniti
- Choose ‘View’ under ‘Corporate Sponsored Nominee’
- Choose ‘Detail’ under ‘Tesco PLC / Tesco Share Account’
- Scroll down to Dividends
- Click the PDF adjacent to the ‘DRIP dividend’ for February 2021

vanguard

I don't see that? when I scroll to dividends under corporate sponsored nominee I'm met with: "you don't currently have any dividend information to display here"

All I know is that my share-view portfolio is close to 5k less than it was this time last week, what is going on?

Ravvers

You need to look at quick links on the right of the page you are viewing , then click on View / download dividend confirmations . Then you should see what dividend is £ wise - I'm in same boat , currently showing around £11,000 down ! I'm hoping the extra shares go into my Tesco share account by close of trade today .

Wilted20

The CSN dividend amount would be listed under the old share account (pre-consolidation), not your new share account (where your consolidated shares now reside).

Ravvers

Well I don't get it , I'm still over £11,000 down on what I had , nothing has gone in the share account , I was expecting things to change by end of trading today . Pretty certain I'm not getting a share certificate as I instructed all old paper certificates to be transferred to share account , it's really bad service & i'm getting really stressed out now !

Fair play

Have you not rang them to see what is going.
I think we have all been done over to some degree 🥴

Ravvers

I'm going to give it till Monday I think , maybe Equinti are just slow in updating the new share holding . It sure is making me stressed out though & now I've upset me girl friend as i'm getting ratty over it - she has no idea of my investments at the moment so she doesn't know why i'm getting ratty  :(

anais

I rang today and we should have our dividends in our share account on 4th March if that helps

Ravvers

That's a relief , thanks for letting me know

anais

My shares are down by 1500, I realy don’t understand how all this works

grim up north

Quote from: Wirey2020 on 28-01-21, 12:53PM
Quote from: grim up north on 28-01-21, 11:53AM
Share price WILL go up or should?

It’s an educated conclusion, the share price will go up as a result...it will sharply go up to around £3.10 then overtime supply and demand principles (save for any outside interference that may affect the market) will mean that the price will climb steadily.

It didnt or still hasn't

Ravvers

3.10 - that's a laugh that is - I'm pretty certain they won't be hitting 3.10 this year - or next year come to think of it but we can live in hope . On the 7th of January they were doing nicely at 2.46 but this share consolidation rubbish has seen them plunge to just 2.22 , even when I get my dividend i'm still going to be over £3,000 down .
Not happy with my former employer at the moment ,not happy at all  >:D

Rad

If the shares go back to 2.42 we are all level except for the tax paid on the dividends.

Then anything above 2.42 is a bonus.

sam

:thumbup:
Quote from: anais on 02-03-21, 06:41PM
I rang today and we should have our dividends in our share account on 4th March if that helps

Scruff

Everyone is going on and on about Dividends Dividends it's just a Brucie Bonus, I personally bought this Stock because it has depreciated to it's lowest level and is beginning to platue.

(Shock horror.) I actually bought a share because it's growth potential! And not! The dividend.

Can you please stop moaning on and on about it and give something constructive- to this board.

Here's three reasons why I'd buy Teeco!
To all the Nay sayers and Aldi fanboys you can't beat the originator.

And yes I know I sound like an @@rsehole but please shut up about Dividends- if you want a pat on the back and Tesco to nurture you go and buy an Electric blanket! I'm here (Personally.) for the Super Low SP ONLY and the growth that will come with it, not for a cuddle and a few quid for Mummy tesco to nurture me.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/02/aldi-and-lidl-lose-out-as-uk-online-grocery-sales-hit-new-heights

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/942686/tesco-increases-grocery-market-share-for-first-time-in-four-years-942686.html

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2021/03/02/3-reasons-why-i-think-the-tesco-share-price-could-head-higher-in-2021/ 

Quote"Tesco management look to have a nice approach to adding shareholder value. Spare cash used to reduce the float of the shares making future EPS growth excel by 20%. They are basically giving the money back to the shareholders and hoping they repurchase boosting the share price even more. I see this pull back as being healthy, higher lows and higher highs to come. (that means weve had a 25% jump then a 10% pull back, then hopefully another 25% charge upwards to 280p ish.

forrestgimp

I just got a letter saying they split the shares but i ended up with less, how does that work?

Rad

Everyone with shares got them consolidated down.  You receive a dividend either as cash or as reinvested shares at a value of just over 50p per share.

As far as I can work out, as long as the share price returns to 2.42 , we all break even.

However if you had a lot of shares and your dividend amount for the whole year went over 2k (annual allowance) you are liable to pay tax on the amount over 2k.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Invest in ******* ****** instead?

[admin]Edited to remove 'advertising'.[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk