News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 01:54PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 414
Total: 419

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeH

Hello all,
Permanent staff to receive 10% bonus. Are the Corona temp staff who are risking their lives not eligible?
Anyone got an official statement from Tesco regarding the bonus?

Thanks guys

sammy

All permanent colleagues in role on Monday 9 March will be eligible. From our tesco

Mathias casablancas

Amazon have have announced they are giving their colleagues an extra 2£ hour during the corona outbreak. Amazon workers are much less at risk than supermarket workers and as a company they have a reputation of being pretty bad to their workforce

Dougall

Only permanent staff eligible

Pimpernel19

This is what makes my p*ss boil with tosserco! If people are placing their health and safety on the line for the company name and the customer, at least make it worth their while, in my opinion 10% set against the millions the company are making out of this national emergency isn't enough! At least make it applicable to all colleagues , regardless of what contract they are on because a life is a life..if the company operation is now all about addressing a national crisis and delivering to our valued customers then at least reward the personal risk across the board. Its the moral thing to do!!

Katarn2000

Yeah the difference is that temps are signing up after the virus thing kicked off. They're agreeing to work in this situation. The permanent staff are not in the same way.

NightAndDay

Is this bonus payment a one off payment or continual for as long as this pandemic continues? While 10% is better than nothing the likes of Amazon are paying £2 an hour more on top of their hourly wage, and as far as I'm aware will be the case for as long as this is an issue as opposed to a one off payment.

Dougall

It’s running upto end of April and will be reviewed to decide whether to extend it

Siwel123

Will a colleague made permanent on the 20th get the bonus?

darklighter

Quote from: Katarn2000 on 30-03-20, 04:59PM
Yeah the difference is that temps are signing up after the virus thing kicked off. They're agreeing to work in this situation. The permanent staff are not in the same way.
What difference does that make exactly, do you think they are only signing up for a job in the hope of getting a 10% bonus; let me tell you, some are signing up because they have been paid off from their own jobs and have to earn a crust.

They are in fact, putting their own health at risk to earn money the same as we that are already employed by Tesco, have to.

Nowanexmgr

Only on here could a 10% bonus payment be criticised.

Quick lesson for you all. Tesco has no legal or moral obligation to give you or I any extra recompense during this time. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

They are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts and we should be very grateful to them. I for one will be organising a full on, no holds barred, full department, super Sunday when this crisis is over and we will be minting my department as a thank you to Tesco for their fantastic leadership and decency throughout this whole situation.

If you don't like it, take it and donate it to a charity.

Or get a job elsewhere.

alf

You need to dial back a bit, that trolling bait is too, well, obvious.

Scruff

Tesco have made 8 billion in sales in 12 weeks, and we get 10% bonus yippee

Nowanexmgr

I know, it's crazy isn't it. Personally I wouldn't have offered us a bonus just for doing our jobs but if the senior execs want to who am I to stop them.

You, me, and the other hundreds of thousands of Tesco workers are some of the luckiest folk in the UK workforce. We really do work for one of the best companies out there.

Hopefully after this dreadful crisis is defeated Tesco will continue to march on. Especially if we all crack on and do our bit to help.

I want my Tesco back and it looks like it's going to happen.

#proudmanager

Mark calloway

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 02:30AM

Quick lesson for you all. Tesco has no legal or moral obligation to give you or I any extra recompense during this time. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.  I actually agree.

They are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts and we should be very grateful to them. I for one will be organising a full on, no holds barred, full department, super Sunday when this crisis is over and we will be minting my department as a thank you to Tesco for their fantastic leadership and decency throughout this whole situation.

Or get a job elsewhere.

hesketh

The 10% is a device to stop staff from "Self Isolating" lightly.

Tesco is a business and wouldn't take such a step through altruism.

Be grateful and appreciate the gesture but also be realistic, eh?  8-)
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

alf

That's my view, it's nice but it's not exactly significant.

Particularly considering the previous bonus scheme was scrapped this year, so it's one step back, one step forward.

Dougall

The reality is and we have probably all seen it on social media, people have bought too much and sales are slowing everywhere for everyone. Those of us that still work for Tesco regardless of our position should take a bit of comfort in the fact we are still a critical business and other issues raised today were about how not only do we get stock on the shelves but how do we maintain the seasonal workforce to pick the crops to feed our nation

King1999

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 02:30AM

Quick lesson for you all. Tesco has no legal or moral obligation to give you or I any extra recompense during this time. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

Or get a job elsewhere.

Are you working in this reality or one you’ve created for yourself.💩👍🏻

madness

Quote from: hesketh on 31-03-20, 08:40PM
The 10% is a device to stop staff from "Self Isolating" lightly.

Tesco is a business and wouldn't take such a step through altruism.

Be grateful and appreciate the gesture but also be realistic, eh?  8-)
This agreed,

However in a world of everyone losing thier jobs and having massive money worries that we dont have Tesco didn't need to give us anything so 10% and the extended discount is a nice little something.

King1999

Just  a reminder how amazing they are,they are still going ahead with the bakery cull......job losses they are adding to.Defend all you like they are uncaring twats rotten to the core.

Nowanexmgr

The retail business is changing. Companies everywhere are streamlining and reducing costs.

If our board decide to reduce the number of expensive bakers in order to secure the future of the business, I'm all for it. It's a sad fact of life that things like this happen.

Virtually all those who want to stay will be offered work. We have a duty to remain profitable for shareholders. Shareholders that provide the financial investment to enable us to open stores and continue to trade, keeping us all in work.

It's sad that some will lose the opportunity to work for one of the world's best retailers but rest assured, if they're any good the experience they'll have gained working for Tesco will stand them in good stead for the future.

King1999

Your full of s*** like the board......it’s not all expensive bakers as you put it so get your facts right........as for streamlining it’s just cutting staff,the workload isn’t streamlining.......brainwashed mate.

King1999

Do love a bit of corporate justification for treating people like s***.......it’s wearing transparent.So yeah the company does owe staff a bonus even more so at a time like this.

cityboy

Tesco have not valued their staff properly for the last 5 years. Cuts to shares in success, yearly bonus, double-time/time@1/2, worse pension,2 year wage plans that sound better than they are, all to bring us down to legal minimum wage and pay for it ourselves. Now we are on the "frontline", 2 months of 10% on hours worked and 15%discount for 4weeks is a rubbish trade-off for what we do. The 10%hourly should be until the government call off the lockdown, the 15%discount should be permanent. Nowanexmgr, stop it. You're starting to look silly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk