News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 306
Total: 310

Sickness policy

Started by Gooner73, 02-03-20, 09:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherwoodforest

So from 30th april covid gets treated like normal absence,so if your contract says dont get paid for first 3 days then thats how it works,not quite clear if you should isolate or just avoid contact with others,maybe thats just me reading it though
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

madness

re above, normal sickness,   so in the world of pre covid people wouldnt come to work with sickness and diarrhea but they might come to work with a minor cold or sneezing, runny nose. same as that.

Cinderella

What if you're already off with it though? Does the previous policy apply as the person was already off before the new policy took affect?

Redshoes

Does not make that much difference. If you are already off you would have already been paid for first three days. It then goes to normal sick pay anyway. The biggest difference will be if you have run out of sick pay.

oldfashionedplayer

It does make a difference though, old policy is 3 days of pay, new is paid on 4th, so as is being asked and discussed on yammer with it, some are going by "29th is paid, onwards is not" while others are going old policy of "29th, 30th etc, = paid" as they fell under old policy terms and conditions.

So a few days pay involved, with no mention of what stores do to colleagues already off or going off yesterday.

Cinderella

Quote from: Redshoes on 30-04-22, 08:51AM
Does not make that much difference. If you are already off you would have already been paid for first three days. It then goes to normal sick pay anyway. The biggest difference will be if you have run out of sick pay.

That's not what I saw on ourtesco a couple of days ago. It stated 5-10 days isolation period (5 in most cases, 10 where still feverish and testing positive on day 5) coded as covid sickness. It's absence levels I'm concerned with, the pay doesn't matter to me as I have been far too sick to attend work anyway

Redshoes

As of yesterday, Covid is just sick now.
Previous Covid absence did not count towards percentages of the amount of time you have been off. As from yesterday Covid does now count, look at updated policies. Managers have had a comms. It may not update until policy starts so you may need to look again now we have passed that date.

Cinderella

Is there anything in the sickness policy about checking in with employees who are off sick? All my previous line managers have checked in via text, to avoid disturbing the employee, and especially when discussing their return so as to support them. I have been unable to get hold of my manager at all, and my returning shifts are going to put me under so much pressure that I'm worried about having a setback. I'm not sure how to handle this

londoner83

If you are worried about returning why don't you make contact with the store? Communication is a 2 way street so you could easily call the store and discuss your concerns before you return.

Redshoes

Quote from: Cinderella on 02-05-22, 10:33AM
Is there anything in the sickness policy about checking in with employees who are off sick? All my previous line managers have checked in via text, to avoid disturbing the employee, and especially when discussing their return so as to support them. I have been unable to get hold of my manager at all, and my returning shifts are going to put me under so much pressure that I'm worried about having a setback. I'm not sure how to handle this

There is a "staying in touch" part but its for you to stay in contact with the store. You can't just and in fit notes. However, if you are on long term sick you should be having regular meetings anyway.

Cinderella

I did attempt to stay in touch with the store. I have screenshots of unanswered calls and texts and even an email. I've always stayed in regular contact with my line manager when off sick, but this is the first time I've been ignored when attempting to do so

Redshoes

Policy was that if off with Covid you get sick pay from day one and if off for longer you get paid, even if you had run out of sick pay.
Policy changed as of 30/04 and Covid is just normal sick with normal rules applying. So, from 30/04 if you are already off the new policy kicks in from 30/04. It's now just normal sick and if you have run out of sick pay you go onto statuary. Normal sick pay resets on your annual start date.
If it is any other part of the sick policy you want to know about it's all online. It just kicks in from 30/04 for you. Percentages and absences were not counted either. They will now be counted but only from 30/04.
We don't have anyone in my store so I have not had to read up in great detail for someone who is already off. I almost hate to jinx things but we have all our Covid colleagues back. One still going through a return to work plan but he was in hospital a month or two and actually died a few times. He is only one one day a wk just now but goes up to two this wk, then back to his normal three two weeks after that all being well.

horatiocain

It's back to normal management, which means incompetence, just go to work with the highly jnfe turns condition, spread it around until the store is critically understaffed and the managers actually have to work some stock or help a customer.
Once they start complaining maybe the company might listen.

It's not just Tesco, they're all full of useless idiots, the good managers flee as fast as they can

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk