News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 04:17PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,404
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

MYSHIFT

Started by extrastore, 10-02-20, 10:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chambers21

Not sure why, but for some reason I couldn't start a new thread so asking here. If you have agreed to work overtime on Dot Com 07.00 - 13.00, but they run out of picks early, are they allowed to send you home earlier than you agreed?

[admin]Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]

oldfashionedplayer

You've agreed hours, they should find work for you, if there's not it should be paid or you can just go wait in the canteen etc and get paid, if they complain put in a grievance... They expect you in for the full hours when there's work, they've got the overtime pay they can pay it...

Chambers21

I've been told different by my union rep. Want to find out for sure before i start taking out a grievence  :P

lackofinterest

then your union rep is an arse licking tw*t >:(

person7

Anyone else annoyed that my-shift often doesn't work or agreed overtime like a week in advance doesn't show up?

Apparently the past 3 weeks and this week. I'm doing 0 hours!

I usually. Have to compare it with my payslip as there's been times I've not. Been correctly paid but the my shift just not been working for couple weeks now.

Anyone elses showing 0?

mama_bear2006

Anyone else having problems with MyShift? Logged on last night and this morning and it's showing that I have 0 hours for previous weeks where I have worked and 0 hours going forward? Definitely have shifts! Lol.

person7

Yeh thats what I was just saying.

Glad I'm not the only one then!

mama_bear2006

Must be an issue with the system then because I definitely worked 🤣

ProdavnicaTajni

Same here (yet again), looks like it's affecting everyone

scorpio1013

I'm getting zero hours too!! I really hope they fix it very soon!! Absolutely loved the app. It was the only way I could check if they correctly logged in my hours for overtime!! 😂😂

oldfashionedplayer

the app is supposed to be getting scrapped in favour of a new system, was mentioned around Feb time I believe when people asked through yammer so could be something to do with  that perhaps, I dunno how far in the works the new thing is.

scorpio1013

Ahhh I see. Well if it is a new app in the works, then looking forward to it's release. Although I don't know why they would want to scrap my shift. It was such a useful app to have. Urgh why couldn't they just left that alone!!  :(

Morris999

The new app will be launched later this year as part of overtime going all online, I believe manager training starts over the next few weeks as they have been looking for coaches to brief stores.

londoner83

The new app is already live in a number of trial stores and will roll out to all over the coming months; allowing anyone who is trained on a area to sign up for OT shifts online, whilst ensuring flexi colleagues get first pick of the available shifts.

scorpio1013

Come to think of it, sounds like a good idea. Do you know if it will be possible to look for overtime at other stores nearby, if your local one doesn't have any?

lackofinterest

Quote from: londoner83 on 21-04-22, 09:00AM
The new app is already live in a number of trial stores and will roll out to all over the coming months; allowing anyone who is trained on a area to sign up for OT shifts online, whilst ensuring flexi colleagues get first pick of the available shifts.
they're welcome to it. f*** overtime!!!!

Redshoes

Online training starts next week for the new app.

mama_bear2006

So does that mean managers won't be able to just put you in for overtime every three weeks? Rather you get to choose whether you're doing it instead of being made to feel awkward when you say you can't?

penguin

Quote from: londoner83 on 21-04-22, 09:00AM

Well it has only taken 12 years, Tesco spent a load of money on just such a system back in 2010 and even began training managers on it, few weeks later no its not worth it lets not bother for now.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mickymouse1962

I refuse all overtime because they don't pay enough for me to do it

Redshoes

Quote from: mama_bear2006 on 22-04-22, 01:53PM
So does that mean managers won't be able to just put you in for overtime every three weeks? Rather you get to choose whether you're doing it instead of being made to feel awkward when you say you can't?

Training starts next week. Until trained it's difficult to answer questions. There have been trial stores so they may know more. For now all I know is that managers need to do a full availability meeting with all colleagues and it's a big bit of work. I'm told that once you put your name down for overtime it's only the manager that can remove it, this is to stop people dropping out and shift ending up not covered. It's going to reduce a lot of the frog work that managers do now, as when you click on a shift that's it, your name is added to frog. I forget why it's called frog, somebody else will know though.

Mickymouse1962

I wont be getting trained on checkout 2005 agreement and medical reasons I cant do dot com or shop floor so that's me out

oldfashionedplayer

Ours starts end of June for the training for dotcom, pick and fill, we have a booklet thing on tablet that's been printed out of the 1:1 for them to talk to us about etc, with like 8 different areas, checkouts, says, backdoor, meat, fresh, produce, dotcom, etc, with only thing of "why can't do it" being "medical exemptions in place" - so shall see how people go with it 😂

Redshoes

Quote from: Mickymouse1962 on 24-04-22, 01:22AM
I wont be getting trained on checkout 2005 agreement and medical reasons I cant do dot com or shop floor so that's me out

Limiting your options may not be the best way to go. I have said this before on here, someone has said it's time to decide "what is he most important thing to you, the hours you do or the dept you work in."

Mickymouse1962

It's not my fault plus my hours can't be changed as I am a registered carer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk