News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:32AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 448
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Who has the authority to dismiss ?

Started by bobbyfett, 27-06-18, 07:33PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyfett

Hi there, I have a disciplinary meeting at the end of next week with two section / department managers, it is for gross misconduct, first offence and with no warnings etc previously on my record.

I am worried obviously that I could be dismissed, but I have been told that only the store manager can oversee dismissals, is this correct ?

forrestgimp

It used to be but I think if trained senior team can dismiss.

Me2015

New process for G&D, as long as the managers are trained to Lvl 3 G&D, then seniority no longer applies to dismissal cases!

bobbyfett

Me2015

Clearly there needs to be a thorough investigation carried out, fit and prope notes recorded and a non bias towards the individual or claims made; it should be an impartial review and a decision reached purely on the facts presented.

I wish you well.

notsofunny

Quote from: forrestgimp on 27-06-18, 07:35PM
It used to be but I think if trained senior team can dismiss.

Can 2 senior team dismiss a SM ? or is it that only someone that is Higher than you that can  do a dismissal ?

Woodybear

Once you've done level 3 training you can dismiss as high as sd but I'd be surprised if they let them

notsofunny

I would not just find it a surprise I would find it Amazing if that was to happen ,

bobbyfett

Quote from: notsofunny on 27-06-18, 08:10PM

I would not just find it a surprise I would find it Amazing if that was to happen ,

Why would that be notsofunny ??

notsofunny

Can you honestly see 2 team being allowed to investigate and dismiss a SM from the same store ? or Even from another store ?

JL

I would like to see a trained Lead or TM dismiss a GA. The SM would have to be sniffing glue to allow it.

bobbyfett

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 27-06-18, 08:41PM
I would like to see a trained Lead or TM dismiss a GA. The SM would have to be sniffing glue to allow it.

So those who are saying that if they are now level 3 trained they can dismiss , they cant then ?

Would you be worried if you were facing gross misconduct and two section managers were hearing it ?

JL

I am aware policy allows those trained to a certain level to dismiss. I have yet to see it happen. I know the SM in my place wouldn't trust TMs and Leads to do so. He would never be done reinstating people. Amazing what you hear 1 to 1. Wouldn't be worried.  :)

bobbyfett

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 27-06-18, 09:06PM
I am aware policy allows those trained to a certain level to dismiss. I have yet to see it happen. I know the SM in my place wouldn't trust TMs and Leads to do so. He would never be done reinstating people. Amazing what you hear 1 to 1. Wouldn't be worried.  :)

I guess even tho it states i am facing gross misconduct .... there are levels OF gross misconduct and i am hoping if they decide to discipline then at worst it goes to final written warning ! ....

Damn forgot to add i am innocent lol

notsofunny

Quote from: bobbyfett on 27-06-18, 08:57PM
Quote from: GreenGrocer on 27-06-18, 08:41PM

So those who are saying that if they are now level 3 trained they can dismiss , they cant then ?

Would you be worried if you were facing gross misconduct and two section managers were hearing it ?

why are you so worried about who it will be that hear your case , think more about what they have told you ,asked you , and what you will be doing to protect your self , have you arranged for someone to be with you is the first step ?

bobbyfett

Can't really go into detail, but bottom line is I'm being accused of clocking someone out a few times , ( I haven't )

So if they don't believe my version of events, hoping I'm not dismissed,

And yes I will get a union rep in with me ;)

ginge

They can always escalate to another disciplinary meeting at the next level, only aware of lead team being  trained to level 3 g&d  at the moment in my area and then only very experienced orcapable people. Concentrate on how to prove your case.

mike360

Surely the level of the person holding the meeting matters less than if they have gone through the correct training.

JL

More time being wasted when there is no concrete evidence.

Nomad

bobbyfett has created a new topic on the issue of clocking someone in/out, please discuss that point in there.

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16583.msg215764#msg215764
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

VladPutin

In my experience, it has to be something really bad - theft, assault etc - for the SM to dismiss someone over. Tesco prefers to avoid terminating contracts if at all possible. Because there's always the chance the person being dismissed will not go quietly and lodge an appeal, which means the SD has to get involved - and SD's are not fond of anything that involves work - or even take legal action.

mike360

Doesn't have to be an SD to hear the appeal anymore, just a person who's had the correct level of the new disciplinary and grievance training

bobbyfett

Quote from: VladPutin on 28-06-18, 05:04PM
In my experience, it has to be something really bad - theft, assault etc - for the SM to dismiss someone over. Tesco prefers to avoid terminating contracts if at all possible. Because there's always the chance the person being dismissed will not go quietly and lodge an appeal, which means the SD has to get involved - and SD's are not fond of anything that involves work - or even take legal action.

So the alleged offence of clocking someone out a few times or so , even if classed as gross misconduct , might not result in dismissal ?

Nomad

Might, if, maybe and possibly, are some of the many words that mean very little and tell you nothing.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

bobbyfett

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk