News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 09:01AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 419
Total: 422

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUY TESLA STOCK

They introduce policy then tell you to read them in unpaid time. Then they get a surprise when you don’t know procedures.

lucgeo

Any Tesco literature you are requested to read/sign as read, is always done during your shift...NEVER in your own time.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

It's nothing to do with mandatory. It's to do with duty of care. If a colleague has a health issue it should be documented, it's not a matter of proof or medication. It's to do with what support or adjustments that should be put in place.

Nomad

Perhaps it is a health issue they wish to keep to themselves, as they are entitled to do.  Even more so considering the tendency for offices and MM to 'leak' confidential information.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Quote from: lucgeo on 09-10-20, 01:47PM
Any Tesco literature you are requested to read/sign as read, is always done during your shift...NEVER in your own time.

My manager used to try that one alot "can you just hang about for 10 mins after clocking out so we can do this training or I can go through this with you" I always refused but many others were only to happy to agree, and ten mins often turned into half an hour for them.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Rumblerumble

Not about Face Masks but along similar lines.

The people counter at front of the shop for traffic light system.
Where would you find out the max amount of head count alowed in store?

dotnochance

Anyone else who was off for the 12 weeks and have documented pre existing medical problems find it funny that all of us are wearing masks, and yet there are a large number of staff who have no medical issues are all wearing the lanyards and not using  masks.
Now I know they have no medical issues as I know everyone who was off for the 12 weeks, and have asked a few “how come their not wearing a mask”, most said it makes them feel uncomfortable and hot.
What pisses me off the most as someone who has a disability is seeing people abusing the lanyards that’s meant for disabled people

Nomad

Wear a mask or shield, no ifs or buts.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: dotnochance on 03-11-20, 10:49AM
Anyone else who was off for the 12 weeks and have documented pre existing medical problems find it funny that all of us are wearing masks, and yet there are a large number of staff who have no medical issues are all wearing the lanyards and not using  masks.
Now I know they have no medical issues as I know everyone who was off for the 12 weeks, and have asked a few “how come their not wearing a mask”, most said it makes them feel uncomfortable and hot.
What pisses me off the most as someone who has a disability is seeing people abusing the lanyards that’s meant for disabled people

Maybe they do have a medical issue but do not see why they should discuss it with you. I know some who could have been off for 12 weeks but went to work. You would never ask a customer such questions so why do you think it is appropriate to ask coworkers. Lanyards are to highlight a disability and it is not policy or law that you wear one. There is better proof than a lanyard which anyone can get online when the mask is causing slight discomfort.

dotnochance

Because I know most  of them for 15 years, so I know, and I casually asked the ones I don’t really know, and they said they where uncomfortable in it, don’t use a disability lanyard because you feel discomfort from the mask

BUY TESLA STOCK

dotnochance

Ok

lucgeo

Even in these scary times...speaking one's mind is still frowned upon...if people are unable to wear a mask, surely they should be doing all they can to alleviate other's concerns, when being in close contact...not just taking the stance " it's none of your business...I don't have to explain myself to you!! Etc.."

A simple identification symbol, is not an intrusion of liberties! Hearing dogs are identifiable, disabled badges are prominently displayed...people would openly challenge if not, so I'm failing to see the problem ???  Yes lowlifes do, and will, have fake exemption identification, but the majority are honest and keen to openly explain their rights, and use identification symbols to avoid the need to explain!

Whilst shopping last week, a young mother and child was shopping...the mum was not wearing a mask, there was no lanyard on show...she shopped up close to other customers, she approached an assistant for help, but didn't adhere to any social distancing, her whole actions showed total disregard to others wellbeing...yet no one challenged her, why?? It would seem the fear of accusations of being intrusive, contravening that persons rights, political correctness etc...would outweigh the fear of contacting a deadly virus from a selfish person, who puts her rights above other's health!

NightAndDay

Nobody would challenge her because the country is ran by people who didn't take STEM subjects at university resulting in illogical laws being made, physicists, computer scientists and mathematicians should run this country, not Etonian politicians.

Welshie

Quote from: dotnochance on 03-11-20, 10:49AM

Exactly the same thing happening in our store , mostly dotcom who are all over the store putting others at risk .

lucgeo

Challenge it with your/their manager...if they have no real medical reason for not wearing one...then the manager will know....you have a right to a voice, use it. These people should not be allowed to swing the lead, this is your and yours health being put at risk by selfish, shallow individuals, who rate their slight discomfort higher than your right to be protected  >:(

Welshie

Much as I totally agree with you , it doesn't affect me directly as I work pfs , others have complained to n/s manager who has raised it with store manager so will be interesting to see if this changes .

StinkyPoo

Same in our store, dot com all wore masks at beginning, now so many are exempt! It's annoying as they all tend to congregate together when they start round the locker room, sharing their germs with one another...

cosmosmallpiece

Hi are all stores wearing face masks all the time ie shop floor, back areas & when the store is shut ? Cheers

NorthernJ

Our store we have all staff wearing them when on the shop floor if the store is open and you aren't behind a screen, but when the store is closed or in the back area you only have to wear them if you are close proximity to other people.

If you are exempt due to medical issues you've been moved to checkouts behind the screens, at least in our store.

Redshoes

We are wearing at all times,unless on a break in the canteen but you have to be sat at a table. We wear from store opening, before it opens to customers and at night when only colleagues are left. We wear in offices. Colleague in cash office puts on if second person visits cash office. Colleagues wear behind screens at till, one or two remove from time to time due to health issues,they are not forced to wear but opt to do so as much as they can.
On the other hand we have remained a relatively low infection area and during lockdown most colleagues were wearing masks before being asked to do so. There was great fear of it coming into the area by off shore workers or holiday makers.

lackofinterest

in my opinion students are the main culprits for "bringing it in" :-X

Halftone84

Been told tonight that warehouse, and staff room must be masked at all times. And "official policy has changed" but not been shown anything, just told it will be in a team5.

With that though, I was told it I get infected, and pass it round to the staff, I'll be in serious trouble.  Sounds like typical scare tactics, because how will they prove it was me, and not one of the hundreds of unmasked customers ?

Siwel123

To be fair it needed changing. In our store we wear them on the shop floor, but not if behind a screen. Nights don't wear them if there's no customers and we don't wear them in the warehouse or staff areas. Now surprisingly we have tons of staff isolating, so hopefully we will have to wear them in the back

Katarn2000

Last I heard the masks don't actually do anything to stop the spread or might make it worse.  Haven't seen anything to the contrary but I haven't been looking.

dotnochance

Going to post the scientific paper that backs that info up? Or is it a case of “my mate Dave down the pub told me”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk