News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:05PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 285
Total: 288

Over 70s Isolation

Started by extrastore, 15-03-20, 05:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

Full 12 weeks @5 days per week = 60 days - 10 days holiday equivalent to 1/6 = 50 days paid
4 weeks @ 5 days days per week = 20 days - 3. 25 days holiday equivalent to 1/6 = 16.75 days paid holiday.

Pro rata being your days per week, if less than 5 would be the equivalent % to if you had the full 12 weeks.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

It's a percentage. You need to take two weeks holiday but as you have started your isolation later on it goes on a percentage. For instance, someone I work with has chosen to come back early, they are contracted to three days so would have had to take six days holiday but as they came back early it's now only four. The big however is that if you happen to have holidays already booked these still stand. So if you have two weeks pre-booked between now and 11th June they will still stand. If someone was going to off for the full 12 weeks and they had three weeks pre-booked holiday they would still have to take them.

hornimans135

Hi, I have a lifestyle break that I booked last year for six weeks. I need to cancel this as I am unable to go for health reasons(shielded) a and travel restrictions   What should I do, help and advice please.

lucgeo

When is the break booked for?? If imminent you should contact your area people partner ASAP, preferably by email for later proof of contact. Have you checked on the Tesco policies online, does the lifestyle section give scenario of cancelled lifestyle break? Bear in mind that lifestyle breaks contain a two week holiday, which has already been deducted by your sheilding absence, so it needs to be clarified whether they will continue to use those two weeks as pre booked holiday, but don't initiate the question, just be aware and ready to cite as unfair!

hornimans135

Hi I booked lifestyle break and approved on 27/7/2019
I only had to use 1 week holiday when booked. Can I cancel in advance
Holidays I have already booked for later in the year?

hornimans135

How do I get in touch with my people partner? I am shielded from 1/4/20 until 30/6/20.
Lifestyle break from 15/06/20 I week holiday then another five weeks lifestyle break.Any help appreciated.

Phoneshopguy

Contact your store who will have the info for them

Welshie

I'm currently on a lifestyle break , the rules changed earlier this year , it is all done through your manager now so probably check with them first .

Bonny Heather

The amount of holidays you can take on a lifestyle break depends on how many you’ve earned to date. Your lifestyle break is unpaid so if you were allowed too many holidays and decided not to return after your break Tesco have no way of getting the money back from overpaid unearned holidays.

lucgeo

Bonny Heather highlights a good point there, as the lifestyle break is unpaid, but your shielding is paid! So you need to get this lifestyle break cancelled, pretty pronto! You would be wise to request a written acknowledgement that the lifestyle break has been voided! In this unprecedented situation, I would imagine it wouldn't be problematic, as the shielding commenced first, so should be deemed as the accepted absence and coded as such.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!

hornimans135

Hi I booked my lifestyle break last September and at that time it was only one weeks holiday.
I spoke to my manager today he said he would let me know
I’m not able to get the lifestyle policy
But I will put it in writing.

T69

Hi just wondering does anyone know answer to this. I am off the 12 weeks. I received a letter from both my GP and hospital team. Am due back to work round 11 June. Am I classed as clinically vunerable or clinically extremely vunerable. There is so much confusion. I’m in Northern Ireland store so haven’t been told to shield until end of June as per government guidelines. Both letter state I would be at risk of severe illness if I caught virus.

dotnochance

I’m guessing since Tesco follows government policy, and the government hasn’t exactly been forthcoming on what vulnerable people should do? They are waiting for more info? Honestly no idea what Tesco are going to do

tempworker2020

I feel the company is waiting for government guidance on shielding but i know a lot in the store I'm in aren't expecting a lot of those who are shielding returning to work after the 12 weeks.

I guess what happens for us temps depends on what happens with the shielding.

I'm enjoying being in the store I'm in so keeping a lookout for permanent vacancies.

Has anybody heard anything yet about what tesco policy will be for the 2 groups the vulnerable and the extremely vulnerable. A lot of people are due back within the next few weeks.

Welshie

Was speaking to 2 colleagues today , one was contacted last week and told they are due to return 12th June , they are in the vulnerable group . The other was contacted last week and told that they are clinically extremely vulnerable and Tesco are still not sure what is happening with them but would be in touch when they did . Another colleague I am in contact with regularly hasn't heard a thing .

dotnochance

i haven't heard anything from work for erm beginning of april same with rest of my store who i have spoken to, my guess is if your clinically vulnerable your going back on 12th is clinically extremely vulnerable no idea. i mean what the hell are they doing we go back next week

Redshoes

I work in a Scottish store and my understanding is that we are waiting on guidance from the Scottish government on this but the guess will be is that it will only be the shielded people who will not be back. If vulnerable, you will be back, we think but not confirmed. The reasoning behind this is that the vulnerable categories have slightly changed and there are more measures in place in stores now. Then add to that most of the vulnerable colleagues from my store have been in shopping, on a very regular basis. We only have one who has stayed at home and has not been seen. At the other end we have one vulnerable colleague who was coming into the store daily until someone spoke to him, not managers, it was fellow colleagues. He ruffled a few feathers by coming in daily and then speaking to colleagues and saying how awful he was feeling about being off.

Jonathan1970

Anyone who has not had the second NHS letter that says you should shield further until the 30th June shoud all be back at work next Friday 12th June. Well thats Englnd and the people with letters should shield until that date and await  new government instructions.

And what happens if we get new letters from the government to shield for longer will we get paid or will tesco furlough us?  Someone must know by now why are they keeping us in the dark

danielj

Quote from: Redshoes on 02-06-20, 07:26AM
I work in a Scottish store and my understanding is that we are waiting on guidance from the Scottish government on this but the guess will be is that it will only be the shielded people who will not be back. If vulnerable, you will be back, we think but not confirmed. The reasoning behind this is that the vulnerable categories have slightly changed and there are more measures in place in stores now. Then add to that most of the vulnerable colleagues from my store have been in shopping, on a very regular basis. We only have one who has stayed at home and has not been seen. At the other end we have one vulnerable colleague who was coming into the store daily until someone spoke to him, not managers, it was fellow colleagues. He ruffled a few feathers by coming in daily and then speaking to colleagues and saying how awful he was feeling about being off.

Really? I was told I was allowed out once a day to exercise. If I was seen out doing anything non exercise related I'd be liable for gross misconduct.

notsofunny

Quote from: Jonathan1970 on 02-06-20, 05:42PM
Anyone who has not had the second NHS letter that says you should shield further until the 30th June shoud all be back at work next Friday 12th June. Well thats Englnd and the people with letters should shield until that date and await  new government instructions.

So far I have yet to hear about a 2nd letter from any of those that got the first letter saying in Bold to shield , What they are getting is a text that says you are to shield till the 30th June which is in line with the new Government date this comes from the NHS Text service ,

tempworker2020

There still seams to be so much confusion about what is happing with those who are shielding and it looks like there are regional differences on the next steps. In terms of those who are shielding there are two groups those who want to return to work and a group who don't.

Stores haven't left themselves much room to prepare as contracts for temps are ending or already have ended this week. I do note some stores are now advertising permanent roles.

notsofunny

If you are shielding they will not allow you back even if you want to ,

as to temps they could be asked and if they agree they could extend contracts,

tempworker2020

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

I thought that as well but there have been a couple in our store started back already.

I believed the same but if we are it will be outside policy arrangements as most of us now have less than 7 days left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk