News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:22AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 455
Total: 458

Over 70s Isolation

Started by extrastore, 15-03-20, 05:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Heather

It is pro rata if you take less than 12 weeks so not 2 weeks if you’re only off for 10 weeks

lucgeo

8-) is that policy? Is it written anywhere, for people to produce to their managers for confirmation if that be the case?
I don't disbelieve you, I just wish to give the right updated information when replying to posters questions, and always happy to be corrected.  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Bonny Heather

Hi you’ll find it in Coronavirus (Covid-19)  Questions and Answers 16th April 2020

Bonny Heather

Also Lifestyle breaks are now 4 weeks - 1 year.  Career breaks are no longer an option

Metal Mario

Could a vulnerable individual continue working and then activate the full 12 week at some point in the future or is it only 12 weeks from the original government announcement, meaning if a vulnerable colleague was to take it now they would not be paid for the full 12 weeks?
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Morris999

The 12 weeks fully paid currently finishes on 11th June as in line with government guidelines, regardless of when the colleague actually went off.
What happens after this date is anyone’s guess at the moment.
We will have to wait and see what the government decides about a week before that date, and then what Tesco decide to do regarding paying these colleagues.

Redshoes

As it stands now it's return to work on 12th June or the date as in your letter. Existing holiday stands so if you happen to have holiday booked that wk you should then go into holiday. We have people off for the 12 weeks who want to come back early, out SM is not allowing. Once they have gone off the store manager is insisting on a dr letter to say fit to come back.

hornimans135

I am 63 and being shielded. I have not been out of house for weeks. I'm likely to be in this position for  a lot longer maybe months. I am worried about my job and feel forgotten, and can't exercise at all. I'm desperate to go out for a walk or in the car for a change of  scenery. I am very unhappy and feel that my life is ebbing away.  Will I lose my job.?

dotnochance

Same boat as you, and I’m pretty worried about this 12 week ending and we will have to go back to work just when the second wave will likely hit, and there’s no way Tesco will pay for a second period, making this 12 weeks potentially pointless

Redshoes

Your job is not at risk just because you are shielded. Your date of return to work is as in your letter. There is however a slimming down of temps and overtime. This is costing the company and the country a lot of money. Who knows where this will end. It's not the same in all areas. The stores in areas that normally get a huge uplift in seasonal holiday trade and not doing so well but not sure how this balances with others.

NightAndDay

Quote from: hornimans135 on 02-05-20, 05:15PM
I am 63 and being shielded. I have not been out of house for weeks. I'm likely to be in this position for  a lot longer maybe months. I am worried about my job and feel forgotten, and can't exercise at all. I'm desperate to go out for a walk or in the car for a change of  scenery. I am very unhappy and feel that my life is ebbing away.  Will I lose my job.?

Tescos current Coronavirus policies are largely based on the current government guidelines, the view with both Tescos policies and the governments were that the lockdown might start to ease in about 2-3 months from March. Recent articles have stated that while the spread is starting to slow (we're at the bell curve) it would still be too dangerous to ease the lockdown, the 2-3 month initial prediction was seen as too optimistic.

The government hasn't made any significant changes to the lockdown laws, it's currently reviewed every 3 weeks by Boris Johnson, however it is fair to assume that if there is still significant risk (which there is) then new legislation to protect vulnerable key workers will be introduced towards the end when current protections expire, this most likely will come in the form of extended exceptional paid leave for another 10-12 weeks.

This would also have implications of Tesco having to "repeat" their 10% bonus pay as a way of incentive to keep people from self isolating.

Welshie

Quote from: hornimans135 on 02-05-20, 05:15PM

@hornimans135 , your post concerns me . Are you shielding alone ? You sound like you're really struggling with the isolation, it is really hard but you need to try to stay positive , think about when the lockdown eases and bit by bit we will return to a new normal . I think a lot of people in the shielding group are finding it difficult but try to use the time to do things you don't usually have time to do , ring a friend you haven't spoken to in a while or come up with creative ways to exercise in the house or garden . Tesco can't sack you due to a government directive and if required to go back to work 12th June they will need to have extra things in place . Stay safe and try to Stay positive

hornimans135

Hi, I am sort of ok, my wife is a carer in the community so I am worried abou her too.
On my letter from Government it tells me to stay at home for 12 weeks or until there is a vaccine. This is making me very unhappy, I cannot do any exercise. Any suggestions?

Nomad

Try and pass the time with things like Jigsaws, drawing, painting, crosswords, PC/Ipad etc games, learn a new craft.  Only do 1-2 hours on each one so that the day is spread among several past times.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Hi everyone hope you’re all well. Has anyone heard if tesco are going to extend the paid absence for the shielding group? Current advice on gov.uk says to shield until end of June.

T.C.1

Matt Hancock speaking on sky this morning saying there may be an extension to the shielded people affected??

Jonathan1970

Will the extension be for both groups of vulnerable people.

The flu group as they call it is one group, anyone who as flu jab as a result of a medical condition and the second group the at even greater risk due to respiratory high end prolems , receiving cancer treatments such as chemotherapy etc

T.C.1

I would imagine Bojo will make an announcement at the end of the month with an update for the two groups that are affected by the shielding, if there is an extension from the 11th of June will those effected still be on full pay??

lucgeo

Quote from: hornimans135 on 05-05-20, 04:23PM
Hi, I am sort of ok, my wife is a carer in the community so I am worried abou her too.
On my letter from Government it tells me to stay at home for 12 weeks or until there is a vaccine. This is making me very unhappy, I cannot do any exercise. Any suggestions?

It is hard suddenly being at home, out of a routine that you've been doing for years, but more extreme in your case not being able to go out.

I can empathise, to a certain degree. Being a similar age to yourself, I was made redundant May last year! Within two days of leaving, I suffered a sudden bereavement of a much loved parent. I went from being busy most days, with work and visiting to assist with caring, hospital appointments etc...to no routine, no colleague chats, and feeling quite lost!

I was able to get out though, but had little enthusiasm for it, as all my social interactions were mainly in work and caring.
I was offered one interview in twelve months, along with 85 other hopefuls, in a position I was extremely qualified for, but I was the eldest, and refresher courses were ongoing, understandably, why would they want to pay for training for someone due to retire in 5 years  ???

I used to smile, when I was younger,  at my retired parents routines. But now I understand their reasoning for having set routines everyday. I do it myself now...it gives you focus.

I have menus planned for the week ahead, have set mealtimes, cooking from scratch more, and watching my partners face sometimes, trying to digest another catastrophe, but I'm getting better!
I have projects on the go, things I'd never attempt before through lack of time and knowledge, basic home improvements with the Internet for step by step guidance as backup.
I've decluttered the loft and the c**p drawer ( that everyone has) found old photo albums, which I've sorted for the grandkids with a kind of  family tree, explaining who the people in the old photos are, and a bit about each one of them.
I have crossword books, quiz books, etc...
I've reconnected with some old friends on my old school reunited site.
I make a point of never having the T.V. on in the day, just the radio in the background, even been known to bop away to the 70's pop section...( good form of excercise by the way)
My partner doesn't lift a finger when they come home from work, or on their days off. That's our time. There's even a set duvet day, with a good film and munchies!

Keep well, safe and sane!

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

Quote from: hornimans135 on 05-05-20, 04:23PM

I'm at home (lifestyle break)  shielding with my husband who's having cancer treatment . I'm trying to grow veg some sucks and many in the compost bin , we're lucky we have a garden. This week my husband and I have sent out for short walks just near where we live when it's quiet  . We had an exciting day at the hospital for cancer treatment where now he goes on and I sit in the car park and we talk on the phone . Like Lucego we no longer have the news on during the day , we're tidying the shed a little a week as the dump isn't open . Keep strong stay safe x

dotnochance

Is Tesco covering the full 100% of our wage bill or are they using the government to cover it?

oldfashionedplayer

Tesco is covering it, contract pay only, so not average hours worked, they refuse to furlough on the basis that they "are still hiring" so rather than look after ones off they'd just rather make them struggle more.

Pathfinder

Question regarding shielding ...due to late letter from doctors  received this week saying a member should be shielded till mid june and not be in work ....so 4 weeks off work the manager told them they must use  2 weeks holiday.......where has the 12 week off 2 weeks holiday ...seems a bit unfair to have to use 2 weeks out of 4 weeks off .

Redshoes

It's two weeks pro rata. However any Holiday already booked during this period that stands as is.

Pathfinder

Being simple here .....what do you mean ...two weeks pro rata ? Thanks ....and any policy if any .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk