Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 05:37PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,356
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 417
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 386
Total: 388

I haven’t kept track of my overtime. I need to work it out! Any way to do it?

Started by Unknown, 02-12-20, 08:04AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown

I need to check my last pay was correct, but I didn’t write down what overtime I did! Is there any way I can find out? Thanks

Katarn2000

You can ask to see your clock in sheet thing, I forget what it's called and it will tell you all the tribes you clocked in and out for the overtime period. If you didn't clock then you're stuffed I suppose.

Its an Absence and Overtime Correlation Report.

If you didn't clock in or out there's no way to prove you were at work, a manager would have to vouch that you were there.

lackofinterest

never do overtime if you can't or don't clock in. and always keep a note of every minute you work as underpayments seem to be a common thing

dotnochance

15 years in Tesco and I still can’t f****ng work out my payslip, never do over time for that exact reason, do the exact same hours every month without deviation and yet for the last 4 months I’ve had different payments only like £1-2 but still.

notsofunny

Someone else I know had the same problem and it turned out to be over the break they were taking, meaning that they should only have been taking a 15 break for a 4 hour shift I think but were taking a half hour one.  Another was that they were taking the break at the end of the shift and going home so the system was picking up that they had gone home early since they had not clocked back in after the break.  That's my understanding of it.  Surely someone that does wages is more informed on the matter can say more or correct me.

whatajoke2019

If  you're on the old system I'd imagine it would flag up an exception to say you were expected 10:00-14:00 (as an example) and due a 15 minute break so I suspect Wages & Admin would put it on the system as leaving 15 minutes early and therefore not authorising that pay because they hadn't fulfilled their hours.

One good thing about Work & Pay is that the new pay slips are much easier to understand-there's no random codes where you think: "what the foxtrot?!" and any payment due that wasn't captured at the end of the last pay day/cut off periods shows as 'Retro'.

Nomad

Is it correct that if you are late they cannot deduct wages as it is a conduct issue ?

If so how could they deduct wages if you left 15 minutes early, would that not also be a conduct issue ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Katarn2000

The process is to put leaving early through as paid absence the same as lateness then manage it through misconduct but a lot of managers can't be bothered so they just put it as unpaid.

Quote from: Nomad on 03-12-20, 10:55AM
Is it correct that if you are late they cannot deduct wages as it is a conduct issue ?

If so how could they deduct wages if you left 15 minutes early, would that not also be a conduct issue ?

Yes its true that they are not supposed to deduct wages for lateness or leaving early. I have this argument with managers at least once or twice a month, show them the policy and then ignore them when they kick off because I won't code the absence as unpaid.

notsofunny

So if they went down the conduct route how would that end up ? is it worse than you getting the time deducted ?

and if you don't code it as unpaid are you saying that you are paying them ?,

also how does the new system work in relation to being late and coding ?

Lots of colleagues have had Lets Talks in my store and have worked the time back. A few have had written warnings.
Yes I am paying them because that is the official route and I have the backing of my Stock and Admin manager.
No idea how the new Work and Pay system works in relation to this, my store hasn't switched yet.

notsofunny

Ok thanks , its just that I would have rather my time was deducted than end up having a lets talk  ??? or a written warning and at the same time have to work my time back ,  when i was working for Tesco it was of a case that you had a word with the person and then deducted the time , or at time just paid if it was just a one off with that person ,,

Late_to_the_party

Google maps timeline?
I've checked my wages a few times using Google maps location history a few times and it's always been right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk