News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:05PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 282
Total: 285

Working over Christmas/NY

Started by josephinebutler, 21-10-20, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halftone84

Asda closing boxing day means more customers for Tesco .... Yay !

notsofunny

Seems that its only store staff that are not working distribution staff are working , and pay is normal as in bank holiday pay for those that would have worked that day , And yes Tesco will be even more busy with Marks and asda closed ...

Mrbline

After my working arrangements with my manager for Christmas and signed the paper I had some if you coming up and I cannot do to my shifts I have informed them but they are now telling me because I've signed the paperwork I can have to work these hours but I've told his guys in advance please help me

[admin] ??? :question:[/admin]

VladPutin

To be fair, the staff at head office, up to and including the board, will be working just as hard as Stores, depot etc over the Christmas period...

Jesus, I couldn't even type that with a straight face! :D ;D

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: blitz on 11-12-20, 06:48PM
After my working arrangements with my manager for Christmas and signed the paper I had some if you coming up and I cannot do to my shifts I have informed them but they are now telling me because I've signed the paperwork I can have to work these hours but I've told his guys in advance please help me

Use the Notion of "Advanced Notice" in terms and conditions" - Like in extreme circumstance they can ask flexi's or people to work within 24 hours but it's not expected, the norm for Availability is 7 days / 4 weeks in advance, so if you can't do it, you just give them the 7 days notice and refer back to that...You can change your availability weeks in advance, so since there's still time before christmas go grab an availability form if need be (they can't deny you one), fill it in and give it them.  :D

You'll have the protection of equal rights if others have been able to cancel any shifts and since overtime isn't something that's actually required by a permanent colleague, they can't force you to do it either and if you were a flexi you'd still be able to change it as previously said based on the 7 day notice rule, if its less than 7 days then they would then want reasons why / give one of the warnings, but other-than that nothing they can do.  ;D

Dante

verylittlehelps*V.L.H
Hello Dante
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
15-12-20, 11:30AM

News:
Welcome to V.L.H
Home
Forum
Help
Members
Logout

verylittlehelps »Forum »Very Little Helps »Stores »Christmas 10% bonus?
User
Dante
Show unread
Show replies
Show own posts
Show latest comments
Total Logged In:
0d 17h 14m
15-12-20, 11:30AM
Recent
Stats
Members
Total Members: 7133
Latest: Lankietina85
Stats
Total Posts: 49640
Total Topics: 1002
Online Today: 60
Online Ever: 525
(11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 53
Total: 60
Dante
dotnochance
stock3493
expression
Dopey1
MrFun
Eewyn
« previous next »
NOTIFY
MARK UNREAD
SEND THIS TOPIC
PRINT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Christmas 10% bonus?  (Read 3078 times)
Dante
View Profile

Re: Christmas 10% bonus?can somebody please clarify something for me, we have not been asked what we want to work over Christmas our manager has done the rotas and I have been put in for a normal shift Monday 28th December (I dnt work Saturdays) so the Monday is a substitute bank holiday always has been so I asked the question and was told Saturday is a normal trading day so thats the bank hol Monday is a normal shift for me....is this tesco making up their own rules again because calenders on my fone even on Google states the Monday is the bank hol! Iv checked my latest contract and that staes christmas day boxing day new years day are all voluntary help!

Dante

Can somebody please clarify something for me, we have not been asked what we want to work over Christmas our manager has done the rotas and I have been put in for a normal shift Monday 28th December (I don't work Saturdays) so the Monday is a substitute bank holiday always has been so I asked the question and was told Saturday is a normal trading day so that the bank holiday Monday is a normal shift for me.  Is this Tesco making up their own rules again because calenders on my phone and on Google state the Monday is the bank holiday!  I've checked my latest contract and that states Christmas day boxing day new years day, can someone help?

expressman77

Have you booked the Monday off as a days holiday .
It's well documented that all holidays and bank holidays need to be booked off
Preferably by end if July at latest .
Also its not worth checking with calendars and Google, mondays are always
Highlighted as Bank Holidays but its not a legally binding.
All companies that dont operate mon to fri can choose if it's the sat/sun or the monday
Whatever is most appropriate.

josephinebutler

So after much to-ing fro-ing with the checkout manager, my son filled in his availability sheet with the hours he could do over the festive period - 3/4 long shifts per week whilst he’s home and they basically ignored his availability and sent it back with ridiculous shifts which bear no resemblance to the window he gave them. If he had any prior commitments, these shifts walk all over them. He messaged the line manager back last Thursday and they haven’t even bothered to reply. His mental health hasn’t been great this term so he’s told them to shove it and he’ll work from tomorrow to his last contracted shift this Saturday then he’s walking. I’m so cross with Tesco, but he’s quite relieved that he’s made the decision now as apparently it has become a pretty toxic place to work now.

VladPutin

If it has the potential to effect his mental health, he's done the right thing in walking away. No job is worth that, especially one in Tesco.

Redshoes

All stores have been issued with a high level of overtime this year. The aim is to minimise congestion. Generally speaking at checkouts you go to team support first to sort out overtime. There should always be team support available to speak to and quickly resolved.

Rad

Quote from: Dante on 15-12-20, 11:40AM
Can somebody please clarify something for me, we have not been asked what we want to work over Christmas our manager has done the rotas and I have been put in for a normal shift Monday 28th December (I don't work Saturdays) so the Monday is a substitute bank holiday always has been so I asked the question and was told Saturday is a normal trading day so that the bank holiday Monday is a normal shift for me.  Is this Tesco making up their own rules again because calenders on my phone and on Google state the Monday is the bank holiday!  I've checked my latest contract and that states Christmas day boxing day new years day, can someone help?

As most retailers are a 24 hour business, we are allowed to have the Saturday as a bank holiday.  Was confirmed months ago. The Mondays 28th and 4th haven't been bank holidays this year and never  were going to be for store staff.

I believe as most head office colleagues are mon to fri, Saturday is not a bank holiday for them.

I believe next year the Bank holidays will be on Saturday and Monday.  Sundays (26th and 2nd) will be optional days off to take as hols, unpaid, work time back etc.

VladPutin

Quote from: Halftone84 on 10-12-20, 05:31PM
Asda closing boxing day means more customers for Tesco .... Yay !

Seriously, what kind of sad loser goes shopping on Boxing Day?

I won't even be sober on Boxing Day! :D ;D

T.C.1

Sadly a load of punters and so the tills go ding-a-ling

person7

Related to this.

What will the hourly rate be on boxing day? is it time and a quarter plus the 10% winter bonus?

Im stuck on old disability benefits due to my health and can only earn so much in a week until they finally move me to UC (assessments halted due to covid)

fannybawsthe3rd

Long time colleague working nights, my nights off land on the Christmas and New years Bank Holidays.  Am I not still entitled to those days off at a later date?

lackofinterest

yes. you will have 2 bank holidays to book before april 1st

fannybawsthe3rd

Thanks, that's what I thought.

NightAndDay

Quote from: person7 on 17-12-20, 05:46PM
Related to this.

What will the hourly rate be on boxing day? is it time and a quarter plus the 10% winter bonus?

Im stuck on old disability benefits due to my health and can only earn so much in a week until they finally move me to UC (assessments halted due to covid)

I heard Tesco was paying another 10% coronavirus related payment for the current period, if so, it will be time and a quarter of the base rate and 10% of the base rate, premiums don't compound.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk