News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:07AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

New Changes - Q&A's

Started by Loki, 10-01-15, 09:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

Yes that sound right, spend the money now and the next year have a bigger profit, unfortunately it is simple explanation but in reality it doesn't work like that.  My current store was one of the best I've ever worked in and now its a dump, not enough staff.  We have s*** loads of money to spend for overtime but we can't cover all the shifts (nights nor days).  We bring everyone in who we can, doesn't matter if they are worth the money or not , single rate or double rate pay.

If we can't cover shifts then we leave an aisle unfilled.  Then we bring s*** loads people in for overtime to catch up.  Situation like that is causing drop in sale and is increasing amount of money we spend for pay.

Because of the performance bonus next year we are getting more stock to boost the sale but there is a problem to put it out so it sits in the warehouse.  So we need more people for OT to be able to clear warehouse. On top of that I see more stock that is OOC.

We have green light to employ new staff but over a month gone now and no one applied yet (night shift). The longer a situation like that goes on the bigger the damage to the company.

tumshie

Who'd have thought that might happen?  8-)

antico

In our area its the right to work checks that are delaying people actually getting onto the shop floor. However it didn't help that the office staff that did the checks were made redundant.  Big backlog.

louthaintrigg

Yo,
I'm doing an essay on Tesco for business, I need to talk about behaviours of the employees. for example you  might do a chant before your shift starts, or anything like that? any help will be much appreciated.     

blutopia

In our store we don't chant.  We just prostrate ourselves before a photo of our beloved leader Kim Jong Lewis and say silent prayers for forgiveness that our efforts will never be good enough.

OvaSees

A good title for your essay would be "they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work". I'm not sure there's more to it than that.

Equalizer87

Quote from: louthaintrigg on 07-11-17, 10:16AM
Yo,
I'm doing an essay on Tesco for business, I need to talk about behaviours of the employees. for example you  might do a chant before your shift starts, or anything like that? any help will be much appreciated.   

"Tesco and Modern Serfdom" - how Tesco believes it 'owns' it's workforce and they should consider it a "privelage" to work for them. That would be a good start.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

There was a huddle of managers at the front door but that soon stopped. Now the few left have been relegated to the warehouse. Customers were complaining the shop was too expensive due to all these managers standing about.

gomezz

Clock in, keep my head down, do my job, clock out.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Maintenanceapp

Hi, I am new here and had a question. How do I make a thread? I wanted to know if maintenance technicians at Tesco can be given automatic work vans?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk