News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 03:50AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 256
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

Quote from: NightAndDay on 31-12-20, 04:40PM
Yep, they paid me £2,048  below the minimum wage over a 4 year period.

So was that to do with the pension deduction problem going back  about 4 years ago ?  I remember a few people getting about £10 back , but yours seems Huge , did they give you that much ?

notsofunny

You Got to realize he Got it since he was able to  get people to fill them not for filling them him self  , so in reality its for doing what he is good at which is making us all work ,,,,,,,,,,

NightAndDay

Quote from: notsofunny on 31-12-20, 09:41PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 31-12-20, 04:40PM
Yep, they paid me £2,048  below the minimum wage over a 4 year period.

So was that to do with the pension deduction problem going back  about 4 years ago ?  I remember a few people getting about £10 back , but yours seems Huge , did they give you that much ?

I got £45 from the pension deficit one, this was from an external payroll review that occurred in September 2017 covering the period of 2012-2016. They paid me it all back.

Spidercatcher

Quote from: penguin on 31-12-20, 07:10PM
Keeping the shelves full, erm what about the in store staff and the distribution workers who actually kept them full, still no doubt it will be a good one to stick on his c.v when he is after another top job somewhere.

Yes, the actual WORKERS who've risked their actual LIVES all this year keeping the stores going! Crowds = Covid?  Shoppers advised to not spend more than 15 minutes in a crowded supermarket yet WE are in that crowd for 8 hours+ at a time?  What about the actual 'Real' 'Honest' WORKERS being Knighted instead of this pillock?

Disgraceful company. Doing the very least they can get away with to keep their staff safe during one of the world's most dangerous pandemics of our lifetime, pretending they care about the staff (and customers') safety, while still raking in the profits. Makes me sick.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Call me on 31-12-20, 05:49PM
Dave Lewis knighted  after keeping shelves full during coved outbreak 😂😂😂😂😂😂
What? Shelves are and were empty, stock still sits in warehouse. Volumes i never seen in my whole career at tesco.

chris9997

The underpaid wages was to do with work related activities before and after a shift, according to the press not being paid for.

Welshie

Its goes back to 2016 , one of things was about time taken to get to/from clock machine/pfs , staff were backpaid for this at the time and now get an extra 15mins per shift to compensate.

NightAndDay

In my case in Express, it was due to Store Managers allowing stores to be ran 1 on 1 with breaks not being able to be taken and not paid, things have improved since then with a shift leader breaks section in the safe and legal logbook and new payroll systems which prevents store managers from manually manipulating the systems to not pay contracted premium payments.

Welshie

Good that that the problem is being addressed, I'm sure SL would rather have breaks but financial compensation is better than nothing

Nomad

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-responds-after-being-named-19542531

QuoteThe company said it had identified a technical issue in 2017 that meant some workers' pay "inadvertently" fell below the national minimum wage, adding that all those affected had been reimbursed.

Technical and/or inadvertently your still guilty.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 01-01-21, 01:21PM
In my case in Express, it was due to Store Managers allowing stores to be ran 1 on 1 with breaks not being able to be taken and not paid, things have improved since then with a shift leader breaks section in the safe and legal logbook and new payroll systems which prevents store managers from manually manipulating the systems to not pay contracted premium payments.

We had a newly appointed store manager in express who tried that, thinking he would be looked upon well by the area manager as the store was way over spent on wages ytd, nothing proved to be further from the truth, area manager ripped said store manager to bits and put him on a final written warning, he left a couple of months later to go and work in Asda.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Every day I feel the need to slap about some politicians and rule this country with an iron fist, I would start off by making it law that when leaving a Store Manager role for another, there should be an investigation into why the Store Manager resigned, exit interviews should be mandatory as well as any instances of fraud and unethical activity being known to other potential employers, it's these Mickey Mouse managers that give the industry a bad reputation.

Redshoes

Some jobs can be appointed without a reference. You would think at store manager level that a store manager would require a ref.  Not sure how it goes further up the line but I expect they get more then "attended work" ref.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Welshie on 02-01-21, 12:46AM
Good that that the problem is being addressed, I'm sure SL would rather have breaks but financial compensation is better than nothing

After they've included it into the S&L logbook, about 3-4 months in the Area Managers wanted a massive drive in step ups or people that can deputise so they don't have to pay the SL their break allowance if there's someone that can deputise while they take their break, I don't know of any step ups that did get paid deputising for taking over in these instances.

The crux of the issue was that if Shift Leaders were never to take their breaks, not only would it be illegal under the working time directive but it would also push their salaries to more than what Team Managers are on, it would undermine the hierarchy as who would want to be promoted for less money?

Nomad

Tesco 'bleach flavoured' milkshake makes girl, 10, sick

Quote"I spoke to a manager and asked her to taste it, she agreed it wasn't right and said it smelt like bleach. She took the bottle and said she would send it to be tested," he added.

Perhaps an (ex) USA president said it would prevent Covid.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BlueToon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408
Morrisons to enforce mask use.
Maybe our employer will follow?

Morris999

Unless medically exempt.
So how on earth are they actually going to enforce it then.

Security guard- excuse me sir/madam you need to wear a face mask to enter the store.
Customer- I’m exempt
Security guard- ok, come on in!

Security guard- excuse me sir/madam you need to wear a face mask to enter the store.
Customer- F*** **f and what you going to do about it?
Security guard- I’ll tell management or call the police.
Customer- whatever.
Customer walks into store without mask on, does their shopping, pays and leaves.
2 hours later if Morrison’s are lucky the police make an appearance.

Welshie

At least they're trying something. 

Nomad

Morris999, I agree another 'look what we're doing" advertising gimmick.

I noticed in another article Tesco quoted as saying their traffic light system monitors the numbers in store not controls.  Big difference.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Morris999

Definitely an advertising gimmick!
All I know is that if we tried to enforce it at my store the security guard would end up on their backside before midday, and I’m sure it would be the same in a lot of other Tesco’s and retailers.

The thing about the traffic light system is that while it monitors the amount of people coming in & out the store, the entrance door does stay shut when the limit is reached, however all customers did over Xmas was go around to the other side and walk in the exit, completely ignoring the guard and colleagues attempts to stop them.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s not the retailers responsibility to enforce mask wearing, it’s the Police, and until the police commissioners actually get there force’s to enforce and then back them up when social media and Labour MP’s kick off over it, we will continue as we are now where people just do not bother wearing them, and if challenged just come out with I’m exempt, knowing full well there’s no consequences.

Nomad

Why was it not made compulsory to wear a mask or a shield, I understand the problem a mask can be to those with asthma or COPD like problems but shields I believe can be worn by those person so afflicted.

While this would remove the "I'm exempt" argument it would not solve the problem of the belligerent minority who rudely and/or aggressively refuse to wear anything. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BarryZola

This could be solved by the store manager instantly banning anyone refusing to wear a mask. You may not be able to physically stop them from walking in but you can refuse to serve them at the checkouts which means if they leave with any goods they will be stealing them and will be on camera. As they will not have a face covering on it will make them easier to identify and prosecute. This would however require the company and the store manager having the balls to upset a few customers which could possibly be beyond their capabilities.

dotnochance

lol a manager standing up to a customer? not going to happen

Nomad

Quote from: BarryZola on 12-01-21, 12:39PM
.... but you can refuse to serve them at the checkouts which means if they leave with any goods they will be stealing them and will be on camera.....

Self service tills !  ???
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BarryZola

Temporarily disable the self-serve when the problem customer finishes their shop (if that's even a thing) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk