News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 02:15AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 390
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

Covid

Started by trivi, 18-03-23, 01:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

There is no requirement for you to test for Covid. You can't be expected to pay for tests.
It's now all about the symptoms, do you feel well enough to come to work?
Do you feel that the symptoms you have may be infectious?
If you are not well enough to work and if you think your condition is infectious you need to stay off work.

londoner83

If you feel well enough to work come in. There is no requirement to do a covid test and all you need to say is you have a bit of a cold/hay fever.

oldfashionedplayer

if your worried, take a test, better to be on the safer side to be honest regardless of whether you are double vacc'd you can still get f'd up by it (like I did).

Question to ask yourself:

Would you be happy passing it to your own family / children? - No? So why others / other peoples kids?

That's how I see it to be honest.. trying to look after my kid who had it after I got it at work was one of the most struggling experiences, my baby struggled.. so going through that it's like "why would anyone be happy to just go pass it on to others?"

Tests should be free though, that's one thing that frustrates me still cause protecting yourself or others costs you, while as usual giving no toss costs nothing but can cost others everything.

BritishRacingGreen

WAGs

Quote from: trivi on 18-03-23, 01:03PMFor those who've been off with covid recently how long was it before you went back?
Even though COVID is classed as Cold or Flu if you have a positive test the guide is you need to be off 5 days or when temperature is down and or negative test as it is still classed as an infectious disease as you sign on your Return to Work that your fit to return so you dont pass infections on to other staff.  This is also Guidlines on Goverment website

oldfashionedplayer

aye don't do like tesco also say which is "if you feel well but dont test you can come in" but if you test positive they say "should" rather than must, with it being an infectious disease.. really they need to change the wording cause it is far worse than just a cold or diarrhea etc so its really ridiculous, as well as managers will just say its fine to work with...

So do the right thing and stay off - request it as holiday or ask if you can work different shifts if need be if you need the money for being off, but it's better than knowing your passing on something that gives really crappy conditions to people and often kills too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk