Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

05-05-24, 06:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,475
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 549
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 548
Total: 550

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picktocube

A big drop from 6 a shift,as there were at my DC before it closed,plus a team manager in charge of clerical team per shift.

Arizonarugby

The numbers will be slightly different in pick by store warehouses because of the different processes  in stocked (grocery) warehouses and stockless (fresh) warehouses , but none the less, expect the clerical team to significantly reduced

Duracell

Key or Scan booking reference at the barrier?

The company will need a shed load of luck with that process and task, it will be a far from a slick process that it would need to be to succeed especially without the back up of people in seats to adapt when problems arise.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Jetplane

Well it's goodbye to B Shift as we know it here at Boro Dc all but 2 managers have been told services are no longer required ,some good people losing jobs god help us when A Shift take over we will then realise what we have lost .Good luck to all concerned sure there will be better things in the future

snowyowl

I'll second that Jetplane, there has been some strange decisions made across all three shifts but then again look at the people who have made them? There's not an ounce of dignity, discretion or honesty between them. As somebody stated earlier "the lunatics are in charge of the asylum" God help us all.  >:(

(incidentally not a sniff of the Union, the Managers where representing each other. F*ck*ng disgraceful)  >:(

Jetplane

Also think decisions maybe not made by a very desperate GM but a certain double act whispering in his ear who stays and who goes

Looselips

Unfortunately that's the same across all distribution, the company are hiding Behind flawed process (ERRIC) and pretending that decision on who stays is based on ability , but the truth is scores have been (or can be) manipulated to keep the people they want ..,cronyism and nepotism still rule at Tesco

Just one word of warning , please be careful that your comments don't identify you because  Tesco Senior Management (at board level) snoop on this site

notsofunny

Was told by some in the DC near us that the Managers that worked hard and Understood the Job had been made redundant , And those that did not have a clue had been kept on , 2 months on The same Guys have told me that some of them that had been made redundant are back  ???

Seems those at the top have no clue to what is going on  :(or no clue to what they are doing  8-)

Looselips

Quote from: Duracell on 31-05-17, 09:15AM

The company will need a shed load of luck with that process and task, it will be a far from a slick process that it would need to be to succeed especially without the back up of people in seats to adapt when problems arise.
Obviously there will be a transition period , but change will happen, the concept is piloted at a depot n the very near future and rolled out across the network in the next 12 months

Pochin123

Totally agree with Duracell. As a clerk working in the fresh side of distribution i see more flaws in this concept then anything i have ever come across in my time with the company. How is the system going to react if the supplier has not sent an ASN, something which happens on a daily basis (If not hourly) Will the system be able to park drivers up they arrive to early?, How will the system know if the trailer they bring is conventional trailer or a high trailer (Double Deck). Some hauliers have both, my D.C only has a certain number of high bays so sometimes we tell the driver to wait for a certain bay. Without a clerk telling the drivers which bay to go on i can only see this concept being an expensive failure.
Has This Been Briefed Out??

notsofunny

Has anyone else used this system before ? or is it something that has been developed just for or by Tesco ?

Duracell

Quote from: Looselips on 31-05-17, 10:49PM

Obviously there will be a transition period , but change will happen, the concept is piloted at a depot n the very near future and rolled out across the network in the next 12 months

I don't disagree that that is a stance that is rolled with D2D compliance, What I disagree with is that it is not a factually correct stance or directive when may not necessarily happen, from past experience some things aren't practical at some DC's and don't happen because of it, that is fact.

So "Change will happen" will depend on many things, it's been said before but they couldn't pull it off.
Also some of the suggestions from senior level outside of the DC's when they try to roll things out that are clearly not going to work, well let just say they are not at a level of intelligence that demands work level 4/5 salary.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: Looselips on 31-05-17, 10:39PM
Just one word of warning , please be careful that your comments don't identify you because  Tesco Senior Management (at board level) snoop on this site

I would hope they do, they could glean some very useful information that would benefit the company from this site.

Yet if your warning is intending to suggest that simply by participating in this site we are somehow at risk, I in my own humble opinion very much disagree, I believe the nature of participation and content is what (if anything) would put some at risk.

Duracell.

CoffeeGate

Going back to Teesport, yes there have been a few shocks but honestly the impression i have gotten from those who are staying is that they would rather have gone. Obviously if they had been told they were for the chop they may not be so keen on the idea of leaving as nobody wants to lose their jobs but with the direction the warehouse is going i am not surprised some would rather go.
Quite apt that we are based on a dock, it really is looking like a sinking ship ...

snowyowl

I think for those staying the job will be a totally different experience and not a pleasant one and it wouldn't surprise me if some of them staying will not stay for long.  :-[

Jetplane

Agree with both coffee gate and snowy owl there has been a few shocks and having spoke to most the management off B Shift anyone any idea why most except one actually wanted to go ,I do feel quite a few of these guys are good eggs and will be sadly missed ,but as I said what does any one think could have happened to make them want to leave and what will happen to the shift

redcar renegade

Coffeegate,snowyowl & jetplane can you not see the devious hands of A.D & G.F at play here.what you will find is A shift managers been moved to B shift to raise B shift to be A2 shift.
To those managers going i have sympathy with losing your job is not a nice thing and especially when out of your control. As for a sinking ship if the W1 dont want to go way of managers then speak up help man the bilge pumps, get the depot to a good place to be.

snowyowl

Think you are overlooking the obvious there redcar, I think the reason so many wanted to leave was more to do with a more local irritant. If it's to hot, get out of it!  ;)

CoffeeGate

an irritant in the form of a certain 'bawbag' perhaps  :D

Tesco bird

At my friends store they are advertising for night manager. Wtf. (-*-)

snowyowl

Quote from Coffeegate;

Quotean irritant in the form of a certain 'bawbag' perhaps  :D

Let's hope the old adage "what goes around comes around" applies. I'm sure the two previously mentioned are still working on it.  :-[

JL

Quote from: Tesco bird on 02-06-17, 09:08PM
At my friends store they are advertising for night manager. Wtf. (-*-)

It is not the first time I have seen Tosco employing someone to scrap the role a week or few months later. :thumbdown:

Jetplane

So all in all 7 managers off B Shift will be leaving and the 2 that are staying are not happy about staying which means we will be getting 3 of A.D super stars on Shift,  I for one will not be putting up with a certain manager's bully boy tactics if he is chosen, I hope the rest will follow sound like B Shift will become grievance shift.

snowyowl

There is no knowing who will be transferred to B-shift and bullying is gross misconduct so will be dealt with accordingly. If you work at Teesport i would have thought you would be used to bullying.  :D

redcar renegade

I hear D.M , P.H and D.H going to b shift to get you all up to A.D's work ethic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk