News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-05-24, 01:02PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,907
  • Latest: Old man
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,562
  • Total Topics: 647
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 56
Total: 60

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumshie

individual enterprise flourishing - brilliant   :d:

AliceLiddell

hi i am new to the forum i need help with the free shares in success deal
Hello there I hope you can help...
I worked at a local Tesco for 8/9 years,
and I sign up for the free shares in success deal.
I no longer work there but I have a free shares in success certificate and I am still getting notification through the post about the free shares,
so I email a few company's, including Tesco customer service and USDAW (the union who helps Tesco workers.)
Some guy from Tesco customer service rings me the evening of Friday 19th October 2012 and tells me he has checked with his team leader and to sell my shares in success I have to sell them through Equiniti.
Earlier the same day I got a email from  Pauline Foulkes National Officer Usdaw
Now and they have both said I have to sell my shares in success through Equiniti,
but it tells a very different story if you go to the Tesco PLC Shareholder centre website links below

http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=43

http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=45

also I went to my bank yesterday they said I might be able to sell my Tesco shares through them (I have emailed them waiting for a reply) and if they cant do it I should be able to sell them through a stockbroker they also advised me to get in touch with the Citizens Advice Bureau which I have done but I am waiting on a reply from them.

What I am still left wondering is do I really have to sell my Tesco shares through Equiniti?
I hope you can help
many thanks for reading my post

BinnieBob

Yes you do - as it also pretty much says on the links you put in - unless you feel flush enough to hire yourself a stockbroker.  Don't understand the problem to be honest.

bellyfull

Don't believe you are correct. I have sold in the past through my bank

BinnieBob

HeadOfficeElf

Hi Alice,

What is the advantage to selling your shares by someone other than Equiniti?

tescopleb

Despite what people think selling (and buying) shares is very easy. Most banks and some building societies offer stock broking facilities its largely a matter of registering. As long as you have your share certificates to hand, you register, pick up the phone and deal its as simple as that. Yes there are fees involved but there are fees involved anyway. The reason I personally wouldnt use equiniti or sell through tosco is that I choose to pick my own buying/selling prices and therefore the best possible price available at that time rather than be part of a job lot on one set day with no control over the selling price. If the stock market price falls I can hold off until it improves or not as the case may be but the point is its my choice.  If your not to fussy about your share prices and you don't mind taking your chances then fine use tosco but if you want to control your dealings then contact your bank or building society. .

picktocube

If you have your share certificate,you can sell through Equiniti,in the same way ,choosing your own price. You can set a certain price to sell for if you like and if the price doesn't reach that ,they will not be sold.

tescopleb

True but the point I was trying to make is that with real time dealing you have complete control. If the share price takes a sudden jump you can still take complete advantage rather than being tied in.

dancerfever

Hope you don't mind me going back to 20% discount I work in an Extra we were so busy never seen so many staff shopping, loads from other stores it was nice to see the place so busy! There are rumours going round the store that 20% discount will be back around next pay day but possibly for a week because its too busy of a weekend?! Has anyone else heard this ?  :)

Gold_Alien

I too have heard the rumour that 20% off is returning this pay day. We will just have to wait and see.

danny123

Am just wondering if anyone could help me, i left tescos about 3 weeks ago an just received shares to sell, I've sold them but how long does it take to go into the bank as i am no longer on the payroll. Thanks

happyreturns

You should have been informed of the settlement date when you sold, it usually takes about  5 days.

arlo

anyone any idea when we will get our saye money

picktocube

It depends on what you have opted to do?

arlo

to take the money and bonus now

arlo

picktocube

As far as we could find out,the payment should be during this week(starting 04/02/13) But,this isn't 100% confirmed. Myself and several others are also waiting on this option,so hopefully this will be correct.

picktocube

In case anyone is still unsure,you should now,have received your payment and you should have received a letter confirming this as well  :)

backlash

Does anyone know what's happening to the Shares Scheme this year?

the-vortex

As in 'Are we getting a Shares In Success allocation?'

We won't find out until the profits announcement to the shareholders on April 17th.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

HeadOfficeElf

I heard its coming back...

Loki

... When it suits the f****rs.

the-vortex

It never went away, HeadOfficeElf.  The rules of the scheme only allow a profit distribution as shares when profits are high enough and in 2011/12 profits weren't high enough therefore no free shares - only cash!

Presumably the scheme was negotiated with USDAW  ???  Some of the 'blame' for no free shares must lie there then?
Loyalty is a one-way street!

happyreturns

The scheme was never negotiated, it was put into place by Tesco alone.
Obviously the union were advised but were never involved in its formulation.
Obviously they never objected they saw the benefit for all their members in the company wanting to share the profit with its employees

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk