News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-02-24, 03:05PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,526
  • Total Topics: 615
  • Online today: 145
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

What changes will January bring

Started by newdawnrising, 08-01-24, 01:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSMfloor

Quote from: WAGs on 17-01-24, 10:24PM
Quote from: Manfrommars on 17-01-24, 06:48AMOur store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already
What do you mean by preempted ours already?  Also why do you think Wage Clerk's now?
In our store they were told a few months back, it's a change to hours in the middle of the day where it's needed rather than early, will be given choice to move to it and alternative role on same hours

KELTIKKING

Does anyone know what happened to the 4 night working week for night managers and is it still being trialled?

Smiley1327

Quote from: KELTIKKING on 22-01-24, 10:12PMDoes anyone know what happened to the 4 night working week for night managers and is it still being trialled?
In the Shop floor feedback quarterly update. (30th
November) They had this question and answer -
It is difficult to retain managers for nights due to the reward package and the want for a 4 night working week.

They replied with this: The 4 night trial will continue until the end of this financial year. The findings will be reviewed after Christmas, and if successful is planned to launch in Week 1.

Hoping we will hear something soon as  week 1 is wc 25th Feb.. though wouldn't be surprised if they decide we can't do it now after waiting for 12 months since it first got mentioned  ???

Voulezvous

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 21-01-24, 04:39PMJust in terms of Extras:

 I sadly think bakers will be culled. Everything will come in part baked.

Grocery Nights fill going to twilights I've always thought was sensible and the blue print is there in BWS which proved to be successful switch.

Fresh fill wouldn't be so easy to move because of delivery times so I think Dairy/Produce/Bread nights would be left alone.
 
Quote from: Manfrommars on 17-01-24, 06:48AMOur store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already
Wage clerks will never go in Extras. I can 100% say that with ease. The sheer volume of 300 staff would be make a nightmare otherwise. Look at Christmas when they removed some access from them then 72 hours later had to give it back because there was chaos. That alone probably saved their job for another year. 
Not sure how the grocery twilight fill would work as we're all general assistants on nights, so if there was to be a change in hours then everyone would surely be given the chance of redundancy
Yes colleagues are usually on fresh or grocery but me being a fresh worker then id certainly be pushing for my redundancy.

Sherwoodforest

Theres plenty of extras without night teams,so no substance in fresh,bread hard to fill on days,night colleagues are just colleagues,no set dept on contracts
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

londoner83

In reality if you had enough part time colleagues working 6-10am you could fill Fresh in the morning in the vast majority of stores before they become busy with customers......

kaled78

it used to be like that years ago,when fresh deliveries never came in until 5am in my store,to be honest the shop run better then

Davethebave

The reason they don't have more stores on twilights/ morning fill is due to the limitations of the fresh delivery network.

Once they figure that out, we will see more stores losing nights.

The size of a store will not stop it from losing nights, all stores can be filled early morning/ twilight. Stores will get the colleagues to do it 😎

Cocktail

Quote from: Voulezvous on 23-01-24, 03:39AM
Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 21-01-24, 04:39PMJust in terms of Extras:

 I sadly think bakers will be culled. Everything will come in part baked.

Grocery Nights fill going to twilights I've always thought was sensible and the blue print is there in BWS which proved to be successful switch.

Fresh fill wouldn't be so easy to move because of delivery times so I think Dairy/Produce/Bread nights would be left alone.
 
Quote from: Manfrommars on 17-01-24, 06:48AMOur store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already
Wage clerks will never go in Extras. I can 100% say that with ease. The sheer volume of 300 staff would be make a nightmare otherwise. Look at Christmas when they removed some access from them then 72 hours later had to give it back because there was chaos. That alone probably saved their job for another year. 
Not sure how the grocery twilight fill would work as we're all general assistants on nights, so if there was to be a change in hours then everyone would surely be given the chance of redundancy
Yes colleagues are usually on fresh or grocery but me being a fresh worker then id certainly be pushing for my redundancy.
Store with a dotcom will suffer tremendously if they all go to twilight, the availability will wouldn't be sustainable, they tried this already in some stores and it ruined their dotcom..can't see them going down that path again.

JJH

Quote from: Hammer10 on 21-01-24, 05:20PMDon't know what your talking about scratch bakery draws in customers if they scrap it many of our customers would go elsewhere the s**t they call bake-off is not fit for the birds hotcross and soft roll which is made in store draws customers in it's not even Easter and we sold over a thousand packs this week a lot of hard work went into them it might not sound a lot in money terms but it was bloody hard graft considering we had bods on holiday.I will wait and see so stop speculating unless you definitely know what is happening .People need their jobs .
I don't think anybody doubts how hard the bakery can be, I've done it myself years ago. Unfortunately they're just not that profitable anymore, likewise with the counters and especially with skill payments

Poka

Does anyone know when any of the changes that are going to made will be announced 

Beanny

Mid February is the usual time frame that announcements are made. They will want to keep staff in place till after Easter on the 31st March!

AudiTTman

My hope is scratch bakery goes, hopefully redundancy for us!

JJH

Seems to me that redundancies are very rarely offered these days during a restructure. Counters none offered and even the management restructure was limited to the really shyte ones

1982dave

I wouldn't count on redundancy at all when stores done a load of redundancies with metro restructuring in 2019 when it was handed out a lot easier Tesco have dialled it back .. my extra there's been tons restructuring delis counters and more all counter staff were kept on I think poss 1 or 2 managers got redundancy in my store

Biscuit tin

Quote from: AudiTTman on 25-01-24, 08:22PMMy hope is scratch bakery goes, hopefully redundancy for us!
No chance this time. All changed since 4 years ago.

Paulie

Scratch bakeries are on borrowed time, the quality of the frozen lines has really improved over the years. Our production planner is down a lot compared to years gone by with rolls and white bread. I honestly struggle to see how they make profits with wages/products/packaging/repairs etc. Our equipment is breaking down so regularly.

kaled78

spoke to an ex senior team,earlier today,he seems to think with the expansion of self serve and removal of checkouts the remaining stores with checkout shift leaders will be losing them this year and they will just use Ga,s on off till activity,he very much doubts they be offered redundancy though,just protected pay for a while with no payrises as they like to do thesedays

MaterialGirl

#68
Yes I've heard the whispers about Team Support being at risk.

Bakers have been on borrowed time for a while.

I heard rumours a while back Admins in large stores will be losing hours with wage clerks taking on more of the admin roles like recruitment.

Stock Control appears to be getting gutted but the work load has increased. Most stores are averaging over 1000 counts daily at present on top of usual routines and this will be a four monthy thing from now on.. so where are the staff they need?

Good luck everyone. The anxiety the company causes us all at the time of year is never a good thing.

Checkout Superstar

Team Support being scalled back has been rumoured for a while.

How many fresh managers does your stores have? I'm in an Extra with two and latest theory here is that this will be reduced to one.

BobbyDazler

It's funny how stock control is always branded as being at risk yet the reality is that at present they are the busiest they have been for years. I can't see them being tampered with at all this time around.

BobbyDazler

Quote from: MaterialGirl on 26-01-24, 07:39PMI heard rumours a while back Admins in large stores will be losing hours with wage clerks taking on more of the admin roles like recruitment.
My partner is an Admin Colleague and is contracted 4.75 hours a day. She gets most of her work done within an hour then goes onto the shopfloor so I can actually see this being accurate.

BobbyDazler

Quote from: Paulie on 26-01-24, 09:53AMScratch bakeries are on borrowed time, the quality of the frozen lines has really improved over the years. Our production planner is down a lot compared to years gone by with rolls and white bread. I honestly struggle to see how they make profits with wages/products/packaging/repairs etc. Our equipment is breaking down so regularly.
Agreed sadly. After the Counters went it was only a matter of time.

What's fascinating however is that Morrissons have benefitted massively from Tesco closing their delis. You think that would have given them some pause for thought. I still can't get my head around a large supermarket not having use for a hot food counter..  ???

BobbyDazler

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 23-01-24, 06:52AMTheres plenty of extras without night teams,so no substance in fresh,bread hard to fill on days,night colleagues are just colleagues,no set dept on contracts
I can't see stores with a .com department losing night shift. It would cause massive issues with the first pick.

Any decision to scrap night staff would surely be store specific.

madness

Quote from: BobbyDazler on 26-01-24, 08:08PM
Quote from: Paulie on 26-01-24, 09:53AMScratch bakeries are on borrowed time, the quality of the frozen lines has really improved over the years. Our production planner is down a lot compared to years gone by with rolls and white bread. I honestly struggle to see how they make profits with wages/products/packaging/repairs etc. Our equipment is breaking down so regularly.
Agreed sadly. After the Counters went it was only a matter of time.

What's fascinating however is that Morrissons have benefitted massively from Tesco closing their delis. You think that would have given them some pause for thought. I still can't get my head around a large supermarket not having use for a hot food counter..  ???
After a month or 2 no one asked about counters stock. And sales havnt had any real impact. counters was very very ineffecient and unproductive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk