Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-02-24, 04:37PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,529
  • Total Topics: 615
  • Online today: 164
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 155
Total: 158

Spotting any changes to stores when they removed nights

Started by Bobmay, 17-08-23, 03:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAGs

Quote from: Bobmay on 30-09-23, 09:01AM
Quote from: penguin on 29-09-23, 04:44PM
Quote from: Bobmay on 29-09-23, 11:28AM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-09-23, 05:22PM@bobmay do you really think tesco are bothered about a crispy creme delivery time?im in a night store and ours come after 7am,nobody buys crispy cremes at 6am anyway,come on your clutching at straws
Yes they would inform him because he is delivering at around 2 am. Why wouldnt Tesco inform them that the nights were going soon. And their wont be anyone to let him in until 6am. At the end if the day the store is far less busy 3 times less delivery and has become very quiet as soon as it became an express store.The store use to make 3 million on sales a month now it makes less than 900k a month in sales. Plus since it is extremely expensive rent I dont see Tesco keeping nights at this express store.
Bobmay I cant work out if your desperate for redundancy or scared stiff about it but as others have said your clutching at straws, several of the old Metro stores that became Express still have night shifts, if the company does decide to get rid of night fill in those shops, then a bloke delivering crispy creme with the greatest of respect to said person is not going to be informed before senior management, the union, the media and of course the staff themselves.
No I am not scared of redundancy I want it.It is the only reason why I still at tesco.Ad for metro stores that still have them the best majority 99% have removed them only a few remain. As for informing senior management if Tesco did inform them they wouldnt want to inform colleagues until it happens.If they did inform them early many of them would play around and not turn up for shift and simply call in sick.
We all get you want redundancy!  But, the company will want as many staff as possible to leave and get jobs else where! Or transfer to local Store's that have night's and the donut del guy would not know!  As I said we are Extra get ours delivered after 8am as they fill it themselves!  So nothing to do with nights!  But, can you now stop commenting on all threads and give somebody else a chance there are others that may loose their jobs or need advice! Wait until you or someone else hears some factual news eg not the donut guy!

Bobmay

Quote from: WAGs on 30-09-23, 09:35AM
Quote from: Bobmay on 30-09-23, 09:01AM
Quote from: penguin on 29-09-23, 04:44PM
Quote from: Bobmay on 29-09-23, 11:28AM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-09-23, 05:22PM@bobmay do you really think tesco are bothered about a crispy creme delivery time?im in a night store and ours come after 7am,nobody buys crispy cremes at 6am anyway,come on your clutching at straws
Yes they would inform him because he is delivering at around 2 am. Why wouldnt Tesco inform them that the nights were going soon. And their wont be anyone to let him in until 6am. At the end if the day the store is far less busy 3 times less delivery and has become very quiet as soon as it became an express store.The store use to make 3 million on sales a month now it makes less than 900k a month in sales. Plus since it is extremely expensive rent I dont see Tesco keeping nights at this express store.
Bobmay I cant work out if your desperate for redundancy or scared stiff about it but as others have said your clutching at straws, several of the old Metro stores that became Express still have night shifts, if the company does decide to get rid of night fill in those shops, then a bloke delivering crispy creme with the greatest of respect to said person is not going to be informed before senior management, the union, the media and of course the staff themselves.
No I am not scared of redundancy I want it.It is the only reason why I still at tesco.Ad for metro stores that still have them the best majority 99% have removed them only a few remain. As for informing senior management if Tesco did inform them they wouldnt want to inform colleagues until it happens.If they did inform them early many of them would play around and not turn up for shift and simply call in sick.
We all get you want redundancy!  But, the company will want as many staff as possible to leave and get jobs else where! Or transfer to local Store's that have night's and the donut del guy would not know!  As I said we are Extra get ours delivered after 8am as they fill it themselves!  So nothing to do with nights!  But, can you now stop commenting on all threads and give somebody else a chance there are others that may loose their jobs or need advice! Wait until you or someone else hears some factual news eg not the donut guy!
Well your donut guys comes at 8 while other always comes at 2 or 3 so will be effected if nights is removed as they wont be anyone until 6. Whilst fir yours it makes no difference if they have nights or not. We will wait and see. What will happen but as I said tesco will cut so nothing either Sunday premiums or nights in the final express store


MerchMan007

 "But, can you now stop commenting on all threads and give somebody else a chance there are others that may loose their jobs or need advice! Wait until you or someone else hears some factual news eg not the donut guy!"

Obviously not  8-)

jonty

He's either autistic or a head office troll doing it on purpose.

Morrissey1912

Bombay I'm gonna put you out o your misery.You will be moving to a 4 on 4 off contract on nights.Get more work out of you plus this is being trialed

MerchMan007

Quote from: Morrissey1912 on 01-10-23, 04:13PMBombay I'm gonna put you out o your misery.You will be moving to a 4 on 4 off contract on nights.Get more work out of you plus this is being trialed
The Krispy Kreme delivery driver confirmed this


BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: MerchMan007 on 01-10-23, 04:38PM
Quote from: Morrissey1912 on 01-10-23, 04:13PMBombay I'm gonna put you out o your misery.You will be moving to a 4 on 4 off contract on nights.Get more work out of you plus this is being trialed
The Krispy Kreme delivery driver confirmed this
😂🤣😂

Voulezvous

Quote from: Morrissey1912 on 01-10-23, 04:13PMBombay I'm gonna put you out o your misery.You will be moving to a 4 on 4 off contract on nights.Get more work out of you plus this is being trialed
This was meant to be rolled out weeks ago im sure? The night management havent even trialled it in our store yet, probably another thing that won't work.

Sherwoodforest

@voulezvous thought i heard someone say trial extended till after xmas to guage if it,l work,if thats just for managers then its typical tesco serfdom
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Duff McKagan

How does that work for full time colleagues who can't work the longer shifts that come with 4 nights instead of 5? I have no desire to do 9:30pm till 8am and I'm sure many will have commitments preventing them from doing these longer shifts. It will have to be voluntary surely.

Bobmay

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 02-10-23, 09:26AMHow does that work for full time colleagues who can't work the longer shifts that come with 4 nights instead of 5? I have no desire to do 9:30pm till 8am and I'm sure many will have commitments preventing them from doing these longer shifts. It will have to be voluntary surely.
Well some shift leaders were offered this contract however they rejected.It is voluntary and instead of 5 days you will do 4 days.You get the same pay only after 2 years does it reduce.

Sherwoodforest

@duff i heard the trial was for managers for better work,life balance but not sure if the trial also included full time colleagues which id of thought the vast majority would be pleased to do,i know asda,sainsburys do this currently
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩


Duff McKagan

The night manager and night shift leaders in my store do a 4 day week 9:30 to 8am but not full time GA's, we still do 5 regular nights. I'm sure some would love to do 4 nights but some will also have commitments preventing them doing those hours so it would have to be optional. Thats not to say that moving forward new full time GA's on nights won't be contracted 4 nights without option but how often do we get new full time staff these days really? I've not seen a new member of staff get contracted full time in years in our store and very few full timers remain on nights.

thor god of thunder

whatever you do, do not refuse redundancy...just go

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 02-10-23, 01:19PM@duff i heard the trial was for managers for better work,life balance but not sure if the trial also included full time colleagues which id of thought the vast majority would be pleased to do,i know asda,sainsburys do this currently
doesn't include full time colleagues, only full time managers, our managers were told they were mainly supposed to have 2 full days off which the 4 shifts does, whilst the working 5 doesn't give them enough rest period. ours were supposed to trial it out in august but still waiting on it to be authorised lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk