News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 04:15PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,342
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 109
Total: 112

Stock control

Started by Qwsaedfr, 01-06-19, 12:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Quote from: q2000 on 12-08-19, 03:12PM
Sounds like Tesco making mistakes with job changes

Tesco worker 'left in the dark' about role was unfairly dismissed _
stock manager at the retailer's Caerphilly branch, was told that there would be some "minor" changes to her role and it would be renamed "stock and admin manager".

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/tesco-worker-unfair-dismissal-role-changes/

Does anything actually happen to the line manager, Store Manager or Personnell Manager when Tesco loses an unfair dismissal case due to not following process/poor judgement or does Tesco's legal budget give them enough padding to not care about managerial incompetence?

Redshoes

Will all be behind closed doors, we will never know.

Jobless

They've made so many f ups in my file I can't wait for them to give me the boot. The information I have not kept from the meetings I will be requesting to send to an employment lawyer who can rip them to shreds. Warnings based on rational, more based on inconstent statements, warnings when the whole process should've been thrown out, warnings when they have resolved similar informally before...

DCI Banks

Hi, is promotion and star lines still being decked for osi in your stores?  The volumes we are having to pick up is ridiculous , store manager insists all stores have to do it

lordadmiral

SS, OSI stay on cages as its to much work

Totalb

I see they've decided to add back in all the old counts we used to do on fresh/produce over the Xmas period on a Sunday too. Bit of a joke since some of us lost those hours but are now expected to work overtime just to get them done. From what I can see by the vacancies they're not planning on bringing on any extra bodies to help with the added workload either. Surely someone somewhere has a bit of a screw loose if they expect us to just accept it

lucgeo

The hours can become available again, as its after the six months of losing those hours so just refuse the overtime and refuse the Sunday working.  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

King1999

Don't make things easy for the company,their attitude is people will flex their hours up to accommodate these routines......just think back on how we've all been treated those who were made redundant and those who have kept their unbearable jobs.

beentheredoneit

Quote from: DCI Banks on 11-10-19, 10:16AM
Hi, is promotion and star lines still being decked for osi in your stores?  The volumes we are having to pick up is ridiculous , store manager insists all stores have to do it
On my group, the SD wants ALL lines labelled, and all lines to be checked are left on cages (keeping shop floor clear at 5 am), which means double handling.
As FS manager, I have continually told him this is not do-able with the 2 part timers I have, who are both on fixed contracts (the two full timers went) and clearly against company guidelines.
As a result very little gets labelled - certainly no quality - and he has to pay overtime to get someone to label all the stock (not my team)
I am constantly asked when frozen will be OSId.
He wonders why the staff are not getting their training, and why we are continually having OOC on grocery.
Madness.
still, only 3 months to go now ........
beentheredoneit

Siwel123

How's stock control going in everyones stores? Ours has been an absoloute shambles, but only the bloody days i do.
For example on saturday there was a total of 16 gaps for all bws, grocery, frozen and tobacco. For me on sunday there was 28 gaps on grocery alone, 20 on bws and 6 on frozen. Bloody p**s take

Hammer10

It does not help when all the shelves are not being filled aisles left never known anything like it.so much waste where it is being just put any where there is a gap .fridges bursting and milk will be going off sitting in the back yard right up to xmas eve think I will be buying powdered milk.

lucgeo

They keep re advertising the same hours for stock control staff at my old store.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jobless

Quote from: Siwel123 on 19-12-19, 10:11PM
How's stock control going in everyones stores? Ours has been an absoloute shambles, but only the bloody days i do.
For example on saturday there was a total of 16 gaps for all bws, grocery, frozen and tobacco. For me on sunday there was 28 gaps on grocery alone, 20 on bws and 6 on frozen. Bloody p**s take

Gaps on shelf...warehouse and top shelf full...more coming in daily which is not needed...

Siwel123

It's just insane at the moment, to be honest with you i might just refuse to complete a gap scan this sunday, when I'm being told it's all worked and clearly it hasn't been with the warehouse bursting to the brim, there's no point in doing my job

Jobless

Any excuse if you had done your job in the first place maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Siwel123

Ah yes because i fill the shelves don't i? I also decide what central office orders don't i? Plus I'm also clearly personally responsible for the whole tesco distribution network.  Ooh also forgot must be me that decides all the planograms and how to lay out the store. Silly me ay.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Cleaner1 on 20-12-19, 02:18PM
Quote from: Siwel123 on 20-12-19, 11:55AM
Ah yes because i fill the shelves don't i? I also decide what central office orders don't i? Plus I'm also clearly personally responsible for the whole tesco distribution network.  Ooh also forgot must be me that decides all the planograms and how to lay out the store. Silly me ay.

What good are you to a supermarket if you don't fill the shelf's. You'd be as well cleaning the shiters. Who cares about head office and distribution or the planograms. Silly you. Do your bit and don't spew Tesco out your hole. Just do your s**t job on s**t money and don't talk about how s*** it is. That's the issue. I reckon you're the type of colleague who goes running to management on a daily basis when you know they don't care either and you're just as bad.

Using that logic shelf fillers should also be doing stock control, if it's not his job then he shouldn't do it, don't hate the player hate the game.

Siwel123

He also forgot that he said I'm at fault for the shelves not having the products on them. Isn't that you know the fault of people for not putting the products on the shelf?

He just seems a bit grumpy bless him, must have been a tough day .

Also don't lick managements arse, always find the people who say others do are generally the ones that actually do it

King1999

Routines aren't working.....funny that.Stock control got f***ed over at  the beginning of the year,enough said.

Siwel123

Absoloutley agree with you there

VladPutin

The fault lies with Center. Stock control in the stores has little to no impact on the amount and type of fresh stock we actually receive. That's decided by someone sitting on their fat backside in an office who doesn't have to deal with the problems in the real world.

It's not that the, "people" working in Center are worthless; they actually have negative worth. They make the world a worse place just by living in it.

So they should stop doing so... >:D

lordadmiral

Quote from: lucgeo on 20-12-19, 07:16AM
They keep re advertising the same hours for stock control staff at my old store.
our old stock control worker come back:D less hours but is back  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .

lordadmiral

Quote from: VladPutin on 21-12-19, 06:09AM
The fault lies with Center. Stock control in the stores has little to no impact on the amount and type of fresh stock we actually receive. That's decided by someone sitting on their fat backside in an office who doesn't have to deal with the problems in the real world.

It's not that the, "people" working in Center are worthless; they actually have negative worth. They make the world a worse place just by living in it.

So they should stop doing so... >:D
Something is wrong with Inventory control/management.  It feels like someone is just pushing stock to the stores or there is something wrong with entire system and no one knows where is the problem.  It feels like company is reverting to situation like it was over decade ago.

King1999

Wait till after Xmas when the idiots want all overs
investigated......have a look at the Xmas recovery cutover joke........lies catchup with you in the end Tosco.

Samantha

There is no room in our store in the warehouse to put the stock, the same with fresh stock as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk