News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 290
Total: 293

Holiday allocation/booking

Started by dfl, 21-01-21, 10:19PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

Were being told in our dept because of an increase in people working in it we have to book 75% of our holidays for next year by end of this march or they will be allocated, is this not against the tesco policy and perhaps also against any agreement which tesco have with usdaw. Seems to me just like a manager dictating.
DFL

Mrbline

from memoery it says u should book up to 70 % then in sept book the rest

dfl

They are saying 75% to be booked before end of this march or WILL be allocated
DFL

helpme

Then you grievance the said manager for not complying with company policy.

dfl

Is it actually against the policy was part of my question ?
DFL

Katarn2000

Yeah it's within policy for your manager to do that. You can look up the holiday policy on our Tesco. It says so on page 6.

Redshoes

The holiday booking window opened 1st April 2020 so people will have had a whole 13 months to book.

londoner83

The issue Tesco will have is if a large amount of colleagues fail to take holidays as normal and try to carry it over till end of the holiday year, there will be too many people off during our busy Xmas trading quarter.
Yes with the pandemic you may well end up with leave where you cant do a lot, but everyone else is in the same position.

Redshoes

Holidays are not really holidays just now. We can't do anything or see people but I think we all need time out. I find its exhausting dealing with wearing masks, masks and visors too now. It's all come a bit close to home now. It's time out we need, I don't see how anyone can be planning trips away to visit family or trips abroad. We are just exisiting now and have done so for a long time and we need time to rest and recharge.

Welshie

I booked a holiday , I'm going to be positive the vaccine will make a difference.  Having something booked makes going to work through this bearable and ok I might not get away but it's a little bit of hope 🌞

Halftone84

Last year I booked a week off, was authorised.  Another girl had the same week refused by old sm because I was off. New sm authorised it.

This year, the other girl booked that week off again.  I have a feeling mine will be refused by this same sm. 

If she does, do I have right to argue I'm being treated differently as the one last year was booked ? 

(She also booked that same girl, and one other lad the same day off that I was off last week, both after I'd booked it, literally leaving no staff on shift)

Redshoes

If you are talking about the holiday year that starts 1st April 2021 you have had since 1st April 2020 to book holidays so you are already in the area when it can be argued that if these days were do important to you that you should have booked earlier and have waited 9 months before booking.
If you are talking holidays starting 1st April 2022 the holiday window has not opened yet and should not be booked unless exceptional circumstances.
If double booking is made it comes down to can you cover the shifts. If holidays allowed for both a manager should be confident that it's not going to impact dept and that they have enough remaining colleagues that will cover shifts.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Katarn2000 on 21-01-21, 11:41PM
Yeah it's within policy for your manager to do that. You can look up the holiday policy on our Tesco. It says so on page 6.

I tried posting previously and it had issues... anyhow, holidays can be booked whenever (holiday forms say you should book 75% up to october, however its not required), Managers are supposed to do a Holiday Review meeting with you twice a year, Once in February to mid feb, and another in November/December.... You don't have to book any at all if you don't want to, it's primarily an option there to help you and them in making it easier to book time off rather than awaiting a response from a holiday request etc.

However it should be Allocated AFTER the holiday meeting  if Colleagues haven't booked the remaining days, THIS IS WHEN IT'S ALLOWED TO BE ALLOCATED FOR YOU and you can still change afterwards, but this is to help you. (See Attached)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk