News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:01AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 293
Total: 296

Stock control

Started by Qwsaedfr, 01-06-19, 12:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwsaedfr

Hey, can anyone tell me how much those working on stock control get an hour please?  :)

TheAnonymousWorker

£8.42, it's a basic job (for some reason). Or the new start rate is a little less I believe.

Qwsaedfr

ah thanks for letting me know! seems a bit silly it's classed as a basic job but whatever I guess

TheAnonymousWorker

Yeah people (GAs and Managers) always call it a skilled job and that they wont touch it as a result. Yet I don't appear to be getting a skilled payment 🙄 Very few people can do the role though. Theres 7 in my store that can do Stock Control, only 4 that know how to do morning routines...

Ssdd

Same as backdoor for me, there's 2 of us trained or of 20 on the night shift. And if you ask me backdoor should be classed as skilled

TheMountain

Yeah. Opening a back door and rolling some cages and pallets off the back of a lorry. Skilled? Pull the other one! Haha.

StoreManager

Backdoor skilled  ;D They are luck we don't have driverless trucks getting let in automatic gates being let into automatic doors wagons being unloaded by robots.  But the shelf filler will always be a manual process they could never handle the customer service element.  ;)

lucgeo

Stock control has to be the most complicated job I ever did.....it's not that it's rocket science.....but there are so many differing routines, different scenarios and different ways to use the PDA to acheive the same result.  The new PDA's did make things easier, but they are so flimsy and not really fit for purpose.

The stock control team in our store were always used as spare bods.....
Late delivery........get the S/C team on it
Service call......... Ditto
Dot com pick........Ditto
Daily Rumble........Ditto

Busy trading periods you could spend 3/4 if not more of your shift supporting different departments.....as the general consensus from the SM and other ignorant managers was that all we did all day was walk round with a piece of paper :-X

Sickness and holidays had no support whatsoever. Checkout operators sitting chatting etc no support back to catch up on routines needing completing before the window closes Reason given......no body knows how to do it  >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

Ooooops.....nearly forgot, coming in every day to find that some random unknown person, had decided to count on the stock you couldn't locate and wiped off the previous day, but still there is a gap on the shelf and nothing in the warehouse.....usually it's a manager who doesn't want shrink on their dept, so reckons "it's there" but fails to prove where??

And the overloading of the capping shelves, with stock hidden behind the boxes in front, or put on a capping shelf the other end of the aisle!!

And the restricted fill items, that you have to instore, tag and put out because it's "your job" allegedly ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

King1999

stock control the glue that kept the stores running...... not anymore👏👏👏👏👏👏

Pochin123

Quote from: TheMountain on 01-06-19, 02:43PM
Yeah. Opening a back door and rolling some cages and pallets off the back of a lorry. Skilled? Pull the other one! Haha.
Wouldn't consider this a skilled job being a former backdoor man I can tell you it's no walk the park.  Responsible for unloading wagons, ensuring compliance with regard to temperature checks, ticking off all the UOD's and then phoning Bangalore to report them missing, making sure paperwork for the waste was correct and chasing down colleagues and managers to double check, responsible for splitting cages to the relevant aisles for grocery & H&B, sorting MU"s out and condensing them to maximise space and ensuring the warehouse is tidy to ensure a smooth handover. If you would like me to tell you more info just ask :)
Has This Been Briefed Out??

King1999

I would say the skill is experience something the t**ts ignore but run to on a daily basis......so skill is experience something a c**p company like tw*tco takes for granted everyday.

oldfashionedplayer

Last I checked, backdoor was letting in deliveries from wagons, bread, milk, costa, non food electrical and other stuff, unloading cages, pallets, recording proper temperatures, ensuring paperwork is recorded, cages are recorded, waste is sent back and documents filled out, splitting cages, putting delivery away to relevant areas of frozen, meat, produce / dairy, grocery, H & B, Non Food, Clothing,   supposedly ordering new pallets / mu's, stacking shelves, dealing with customers and complaints from customers, clearing shop floor, using electric pump trucks, doing delivery returns....

granted we don't look after the warehouse as much, but we're given 40 hours a week to do all of that for a night team by the way, it says in the policies 2 people on the backdoor for wagons, we're over staffed with 2 contracted.. 1 full time, 1 part time.

may of missed a few things I guess, but that's the general role for ours, a stock control though is - "ping, ping, ping, ok you can get rid of the stuff now"

TheAnonymousWorker

This isn't turning into a slagging match here. Respect each others jobs. We all play an important role in this shambles.

King1999

We do all play an important role the pity is the company doesn't care.

TheAnonymousWorker

Anyone getting loads of Stock Record errors during OSI, we keep getting gains from nowhere

msl1791

Yes we are...picking up a few this week.

Lunamoonhare

I've found yoghurts in particular have had some pretty huge stock discrepancies.

Shoestring

Quote from: TheAnonymousWorker on 12-06-19, 07:32PM
Anyone getting loads of Stock Record errors during OSI, we keep getting gains from nowhere

OSI... what's that?!... Oh, I remember. Funny, since the slight routine change things got much worse and still no OSI or what you can call filling occurring.  :D  ???

I remember reading (even though obvious without prompt) how important to success replenishment works in unison to support the routine change, what an almighty joke.

The only hope now is that stock takers actually count the stock and count it correct, not much hope there after last count, missed entire mods and we had to spend more than a week correcting the stock record across the store, tragic.  :-X

Do prefer the counting over mismatch though, still have to print it off to see and correct any errors due to the lack of OSI.  >:(

Shoestring

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 02-06-19, 05:58PM
may of missed a few things I guess, but that's the general role for ours, a stock control though is - "ping, ping, ping, ok you can get rid of the stuff now"

If I give you a list of 50 items and tell you to go and look for them and count them to ensure stock record accuracy, in warehouse and on shop floor and often when cages not yet split and back stock all over the place and put backs in random areas. All that after having to conduct OSI, when you get any so you have to do it as targeted, and then gap scan that demands accurate stock locating because of shrink phobic management to then find those 50 items... ping indeed, everyone always underestimates each others jobs.  8)

Sometimes I wonder if Communism would work better.  :P

Shoestring

Quote from: Lunamoonhare on 16-06-19, 10:24AM
I've found yoghurts in particular have had some pretty huge stock discrepancies.

Saying that, I have noticed that many delivery items are not being added to the stock record so getting more gains than usual.  ???

StoreManager

Dave was bulk buying panicking about Brexit and now we are no further forward regards the 31 October. What does he do sells a lot off and the rest gets dumped in store warehouses.

Preacherpauly

Its a bit more than that but in my opinion its not a job where they should get paid more. Our night team have to drag in all deliveries ourselves, all the backdoor person does is roll it down the lorry to us and then fill the lorry with stacks and cages.

TheAnonymousWorker

Whats the current rules regarding OSI, I've been told that now current promo is to be decked. Yet the paperwork from the new routines says "Current and New Promotion lines are not to be investigated". I haven't been stickering Promo stock but told I should be. Is there new updated paperwork?

Tommo1961

Nope. Don't need to osi promo stock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk