News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 304
Total: 308

Pfs restructuring

Started by Penny, 17-06-20, 06:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misha101

Quote from: King1999 on 09-08-20, 06:50PM
Just saying if your not happy grievance can't see anyone being happy working on their own,very arrogant dangerous turn for the company to take.How out of touch they are is becoming a worrying norm.
Yes definitely, I completely agree. I have heard some horror stories recently during the temporary night cover fiasco. I just don't see how they can honestly justify something so dangerous to be monitored remotely, and how can that possibly be legal ?Even with sensors? also how many are they monitoring at any one time? I think it's a rediculous decision who thought of it wants their head testing and the nodding dogs that have agreed with them are not putting our customers or staff first. I don't even work there and I can see it a mile off. 

oldfashionedplayer

ours shuts at 9, we are "supposed to monitor it through the night by cctv" (little secret = we don't have security or anyone to watch at night), so just head office apparently that authorizes everything from their end.... still something for managers to sign and whatnot to say evertythings been fine lol..

Misha101

That doesn't suprise me at all. Whose logbook would cctv and security issues fall with? Is there something you could check to make sure it's working and in good order ? can you take their word for it? There are managers with responsibilities that I just don't trust and it's a tick in the box. I don't know how they could convince me otherwise. The proof is in the pudding I guess. But track record ? I want to be proved wrong. Where are the union in this? Has anyone done risk assessments at each location. I actually hope I'm just a bit ignorant about what's gone on behind the scenes.

NightAndDay

Quote from: King1999 on 10-08-20, 03:11PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 09-08-20, 08:11PM
to add to this, how does this coincide with Tescos deputising pay policy? Being single manned by default means the lone person working is the duty manager and under their own policy would be applicable for the deputised pay rate.
Would getting rid of PFS managers in their way of thinking cover this our store I've found out is losing pfs manager and customer service manager,all sits with the checkout manager.You know how sneaky they are.

I'm not exactly sure how they can exact due dilligence if they're not on site, I would be interested in seeing the capability study on how a Checkout Manager can do all of the responsibilities of a PFS manager without actually setting foot onto the fuel site, I'm no legal professional but even I can see shady ball licking activity when I see it especially from a HSE risk assessment perspective.

To add: https://skyguard.co.uk/what-are-your-rights-when-lone-working/

Just found on this link the following legal provision;

Under current UK legislation, companies must take measures to protect the welfare of all employees, regardless if they work supervised or alone. The following are examples of safety precautions that organisations may want to implement:

Accurate monitoring systems and technology â€" enabling employees to communicate easily

By the sounds of it, if they are only being monitored on paper, a grievance over failure to follow the law would be appropriate.

Hazelgrif

Quote from: owlnight on 08-08-20, 10:49PM
hi hazelgrif,
thanks for the update, any further info after live date appreciated.
.     Hi, we went live from tonight 10.08.20 no more  night staff, all gone, locked up alarms on pay@pumps left on. Down to big bro now, still nothing been said regarding single manned apart from it's going via sales reports, busy times and not so busy times.

Hazelgrif

Hi sorry about some spelling errors have my daughter asleep in same room and trying to keep screen dull ish... Anyway like I said we gone live from tonight, prior to this we have all had to sign a medical form stating that to the best of our knowledge we are fit and health,,,, all staff that are not full time has had to do a availability sheet up to a total of 36 hours, and also told if they don't work say on a Tuesday and there availability sheet says so, if overtime becomes available on that day the colleague can't do it. Needed assistance tonight around 9.30pm (30mins before close) had a very irate male come in shouting,swearing,threatening lone colleague (as second staff was locking up pumps outside) yet no assistant came, or no call,nothing. Say day 1 is anything to go by I don't hold out much hope.  Ps was told by Chubb engineers who installed new cctv that microphone now behind till area, so that person in Nottingham can speak to single manned person directly in event of a problem.

lucgeo

Did you call for assistance from the duty manager and was ignored?? Or have you been told that you are monitored, and assistance will be automatically available??

Grievance it, with the time and date, that you were threatened, that no assistance was forthcoming. They need to produce the CCTV footage, to support your grievance, so if they don't have any footage of the incident, then they are failing in their duty of care. Was there any report in the S&L regarding the incident, and was it signed off by the manager? If no mention and signed off, then that manager is guilty of falsifying the records. Also query why you have not been informed of the microphone system? This shows that you have not received the adequate training. I would also question why you have been given a form to sign stating your health?? This is not a health assessment, this is Tesco ticking boxes, to exonerate themselves  :-X

You have a H&S rep...they are a store rep, not a union rep, so you don't need to be a union member to request a meeting with them to discuss your grave concerns!

No part timer has to fill in their availability form up to 36 hours! They are lying! People's situations change, so if they state you are denied overtime on any specific day, as it's not on your availability sheet, they are lying!! Ask them to put both statements in writing.
How do they fill the overtime slots every day??....by having people work their non contracted hours, and the last thing a dept manager is going to do, when they are struggling to fill the overtime, is to first check, then deny an offer to work, as it's not on your availability form!!

It also works both ways...when they are struggling to fill that shift, that they've said you can't work  ;)

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

Quote from: Hazelgrif on 11-08-20, 03:14AM
Quote from: owlnight on 08-08-20, 10:49PM
hi hazelgrif,
thanks for the update, any further info after live date appreciated.
.     Hi, we went live from tonight 10.08.20 no more  night staff, all gone, locked up alarms on pay@pumps left on. Down to big bro now, still nothing been said regarding single manned apart from it's going via sales reports, busy times and not so busy times.

Were night shift moved to other roles in store or were they made redundant  ?

Hazelgrif

Night was only brought in since pfs had to be manned on the notes 3 new staff 1 already exsisting,, the 3 was told were on temp contracts i.e. 40 was and now been told there are being let go, the exsisting one is on sick leave already,,,,,,,,,, and with regards did I call for assistance I called duty no, but guess wat yet again noooooo pick up, happens all the time with us.

Welshie

Thanks for info .
Our duty never answer or when they do , they just say they dont have anyone to send over 🙄

Hazelgrif

Quote from: lucgeo on 11-08-20, 08:44AM
Did you call for assistance from the duty manager and was ignored?? Or have you been told that you are monitored, and assistance will be automatically available??

Grievance it, with the time and date, that you were threatened, that no assistance was forthcoming. They need to produce the CCTV footage, to support your grievance, so if they don't have any footage of the incident, then they are failing in their duty of care. Was there any report in the S&L regarding the incident, and was it signed off by the manager? If no mention and signed off, then that manager is guilty of falsifying the records. Also query why you have not been informed of the microphone system? This shows that you have not received the adequate training. I would also question why you have been given a form to sign stating your health?? This is not a health assessment, this is Tesco ticking boxes, to exonerate themselves  :-X

You have a H&S rep...they are a store rep, not a union rep, so you don't need to be a union member to request a meeting with them to discuss your grave concerns!

No part timer has to fill in their availability form up to 36 hours! They are lying! People's situations change, so if they state you are denied overtime on any specific day, as it's not on your availability sheet, they are lying!! Ask them to put both statements in writing.
How do they fill the overtime slots every day??....by having people work their non contracted hours, and the last thing a dept manager is going to do, when they are struggling to fill the overtime, is to first check, then deny an offer to work, as it's not on your availability form!!

It also works both ways...when they are struggling to fill that shift, that they've said you can't work  ;)
. I will be asking h&s rep on Monday , as for Did I call duty yes all protocol was followed correctly, but guess what no answer. In regards to the availability I'm full time so doesn't affect me but colleagues who rely on o/t are/ have to now put their available 7 days a week just in case.

Millie

Quote from: Misha101 on 09-08-20, 10:16PM
Last few hours each day 1700-2200
Have you actually been told this officially?  Has anyone heard any more about the single manning yet ?

HalloweenJack

We`ve gone to unmanned nights (10pm till 6am), with 4 P&P open overnight, all with the new cameras / detection system. However my manager has said theres more to come before xmas, but doesnt actually know all the details yet. Manager is fighting to keep us double manned (we have a large kiosk), but we likely will be losing that and losing hours. Break cover is already being trailed from the store rather than on the rota in the evenings.

Siwel123

Our PFS has been told that they will be unmanned fully overnight with 4 pay at pumps open. They will be single manned from 5pm til 10pm when the kiosk closes. The duty manager will come across at 10 to 10 and will help cash up and then lock up etc

Misha101

Quote from: Millie on 01-09-20, 03:08PM
Quote from: Misha101 on 09-08-20, 10:16PM
Last few hours each day 1700-2200
Have you actually been told this officially?  Has anyone heard any more about the single manning yet ?
Sorry I've just seen this. We have been doing this since mid August

Welshie

Where your pfs's previously 24hrs permanently or did they just go manned at night last year when there was an issue with the monitoring  of unmanned filling stations ?

Siwel123

Ours went manned last year due to the whole unmanned issue

Misha101

Same here. After they put in all the new monitoring equipment in. We are unmanned again through the night and all pay at pump with off site monitoring.

newguy20

Other PFS which have a nightshift what is your rule on selling through the hatch? I have been told we never sell anything overnight. But then others have said they do? that said I had a couple of ambulance staff passing by at 2am the other week and let them buy sandwiches etc.

Equally I was told "never leave the kiosk" but also "use your judgement". For example, who's around, what's the situation. Is there a spillage etc which needs sand putting down. From around 2am until 4am it is dead quiet, usually I go out to get some fresh air whilst re stocking the sand bins, paper towels, p@p rolls etc.

There's no 'lone worker' procedure though which leaves them open to all sorts if something did go wrong. When I worked in another job where you were alone you would get a call from control room hourly to check you were ok.

Siwel123

When we had Nightshift, they were allowed to sell through the hatch.

However absolutely under no circumstances were they to go outside, so getting fresh air etc wasn't allowed, stocking the bins etc wasn't allowed. To be fair the night security guard had his rotating car park cameras zoomed on the forecourt, and would ring them up every 2 hours throughout the night to check on them. Also the person who went and did break cover for them

NightAndDay

Quote from: newguy20 on 10-09-20, 01:48PM
Other PFS which have a nightshift what is your rule on selling through the hatch? I have been told we never sell anything overnight. But then others have said they do? that said I had a couple of ambulance staff passing by at 2am the other week and let them buy sandwiches etc.

Equally I was told "never leave the kiosk" but also "use your judgement". For example, who's around, what's the situation. Is there a spillage etc which needs sand putting down. From around 2am until 4am it is dead quiet, usually I go out to get some fresh air whilst re stocking the sand bins, paper towels, p@p rolls etc.

There's no 'lone worker' procedure though which leaves them open to all sorts if something did go wrong. When I worked in another job where you were alone you would get a call from control room hourly to check you were ok.

Some PFS's  make as much on non-fuel sales as a cat 1/cat 2 express store just during the night period (35k-60k a week) that's too much money for Tesco to ignore.

Dooby27

What I do not understand is there has been so much in my store already, particularly with pfs. The other thing I saw on LinkedIn was these future skills partners, saying they are supporting with changes in stores. What with bakery and counters in my store, what are changes are these people doing.

The Future Skills team are training managers on Work and Pay (new payroll system), they are also show colleagues how to access payslips, book holidays, change personal details, etc when Work and Pay launches in stores. Some Groups are switching in October, the rest will be rolled out in 2021.

kaled78

I wonder if wage clerks will be made redundant then,or just moved around the business to shelf fill!

newguy20

Quote from: Siwel123 on 10-09-20, 03:22PM
When we had Nightshift, they were allowed to sell through the hatch.

However absolutely under no circumstances were they to go outside, so getting fresh air etc wasn't allowed, stocking the bins etc wasn't allowed. To be fair the night security guard had his rotating car park cameras zoomed on the forecourt, and would ring them up every 2 hours throughout the night to check on them. Also the person who went and did break cover for them

Break cover? What's that?! on nights there's no point ringing up the main store for cover, they will flatly refuse to come over, sometimes I think the PFS could be on fire and they'd say they were too busy and had x number of aisles still to fill....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk