News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:46PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

I have been told that those off the shop floor are also to have them on , I especially asked her about M&S, Greggs ,and That pizza place and all the staff had one on , She said in the Tesco express Some had it on others did not , but then the same store staff told her before they did not like putting them on but will now have to since they have been told to do so ,,

Mark calloway

I don't mind wearing one except when I have my glasses steam up. I can't see properly without them either.

londoner83

Be interesting to discover how the company will police those staff that refuse point blank to wear a mask.

Fixxer

StinkyPoo

Just read retail staff are exempt on one article, will see if that's true.
'Environment Secretary George Eustice told BBC Breakfast the new mandatory rule for face coverings in shops does not apply to retail staff.'

Redshoes

As a Scottish store the wearing of face coverings has gone down well. In my store most people were wearing them anyway, before it became mandatory. There has been a high percentage of people wearing them all along and this has just pushed the remaining few into doing so too.
It's not required in the back but most still do so. It's not required behind till screens but most still do, just a few at checkouts with asthma just wear to cross shop floor but they can no longer go on self service. The offices are all limited to max of two people at a time. Training room allows more but still very limited.
We are in an area that has not been badly hit, we know that and want to keep it that way. It was on the rigs but they were locked down and the fear of it coming into the community from the rigs has been the biggest fear.

Started2008

I don’t see why everyone is getting so wound up about this. I have severe respiratory problems and I manage to wear a mask just fine.

The reason it’s being implemented now and not since the start of lockdown is more shops are now open, not just retail so the risk of catching it is higher now more places are open and more people are going about their days.

It’s about consideration for others not just yourself

lucky 456

Hi all I work nights, store closes at midnight, will we have to wear masks until midnight or will we have to wear them regardless ??

Nomad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

QuoteHowever, the rules won't apply to shop workers, government minister George Eustice told the BBC
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Preacherpauly

Do all children have to wear them as well?

Edit: found out under 11s dont have to

lemons84

I’ve read that retail staff will be exempt. I’d like to try and see Tesco force the issue if the guidance says that that retail staff don’t have to.

renown

Quote from: lucky 456 on 14-07-20, 01:23PM
Hi all I work nights, store closes at midnight, will we have to wear masks until midnight or will we have to wear them regardless ??

We wear ours till the shop shuts at midnight,then off they come,until opening at 6am. We then wear them till 7am when we finish.

notsofunny

Quote from: lemons84 on 14-07-20, 03:57PM
I’ve read that retail staff will be exempt. I’d like to try and see Tesco force the issue if the guidance says that that retail staff don’t have to.

what would happen if the Company decide they wanted every one to have one on including workers ? if its part of policy then ?

Fixxer

If it's part of policy then it'll be mandatory.
I imagine there'll be a suitably inspirational email in the next few days telling us what's what.

notsofunny

Love the way you put it  :D :D :D

Link110

Quote from: londoner83 on 14-07-20, 06:47AM
Be interesting to discover how the company will police those staff that refuse point blank to wear a mask.

I think staff would liable to facing a disciplinary or a Let's Talk warning given that wearing masks will be required by law (and of course Tesco's HO, area managers, etc). The only time to remove masks would be off the shop floor.

Going off topic, I apologise. I have landed myself with a new job. Been at the company for 8 years as a CA. What is the notice period for me? As I can't find info on OurTesco.com, as my contract says to go on there for info on it.

Hammer10

1 weeks notice unless your skilled then it’s a month.

Rumblerumble

Lot of reporting by a lot of media outlets that Retail Staff will not be required by law to wear a face covering and George Eustice also stated this

sammy

Only if your  behind a screen, which is great for checkouts

Munchkin

Face masks not compulsory for retail staff to wear a fask and the same one for a whole shift is liable to trap more germs and viruses than it protects you from any arguments speak to your hs rep or local environmental health dept

adamski26

You don’t know what you’re talking about. The link is on colleague help.
In Scotland you have to wear a face covering in any customer facing role & that includes walking about on the shop floor. If it’s good enough for Scotland, then the same policy will have to suit England. Tesco provides face masks & shields for everyone.

Mildew

The government guidance is now published.  “ It is not compulsory for shop or supermarket staff to wear face coverings. “. It’s now there in black and white.

lucgeo

Think each company will introduce their own policies regarding the wearing of masks in customer facing roles.
I for one, would not choose to shop in a store where I would be in continuous close contact with numerous unmasked people!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Rumblerumble

Tosco will some how find a way round it becauae they don't like to p**s customers off

Quote from: Mildew on 15-07-20, 09:39AM
The government guidance is now published.  “ It is not compulsory for shop or supermarket staff to wear face coverings. “. It’s now there in black and white.

Bleh

Zoom call I was on yesterday said staff would be required to wear them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk